[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is better DaS III or BB ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: images.jpg (37 KB, 549x268) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
37 KB, 549x268
Which is better DaS III or BB ?
>>
I liked them about the same.
>>
BB
DS3 managing to capture the dudebro audience the way it has is enough evidence that there's something horribly wrong with it
>>
I haven't played DS3 yet but BB spoke to me most in the whole franchise
>>
I like BB the most but I am not everyone and my opinion does not reflect everyone's opinion.
>>
>>339832306
The fuck? This fanbase is as shitty as it was before DS3
>>
>>339832936
Dark Souls 1 blowing up and being released on PC is what ruined it
>>
File: image.jpg (207 KB, 780x1224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207 KB, 780x1224
BB, due to its more focused/distilled nature

it's just stronger

all great games though
>>
>>339831962
DaS3 all the way.
BB was more challenging, but DaS3 has so much more variety, you feel like more of a part of the game, and the combat is phenomenal. Give it half a year or a year, when all the DLC and patches are finished up and the game will be the perfect finale for the series.
DaS is still best of all though.
>>
>>339833494
And even with BB being more challenging, you still had a pistol that offered a guaranteed stun lock to pretty much every enemy. In ways it was actually much easier, but the enemies and bosses at a base level were faster and tougher than those in DaS3.
>>
>>339831962
Fuck off stop baiting for replies. They are both good in their own way.
>>
BB, gamplay actually felt different and more challenging

victorian and lovecraftian horror sold me more than medieval dark fantasy
>>
Bloodborne.

Dark Souls 3 is still a good game but it feels very bland in comparison just going through the motions of previous games in the series without really doing anything new. It has absolutely awful pacing too.
>>
File: 1461367939775.jpg (104 KB, 395x324) Image search: [Google]
1461367939775.jpg
104 KB, 395x324
BB easily. Das3 was a huge disappointment with its gimmick bosses, broken codes, and useless everything-but-the-estoc
>>
>>339831962
Bloodborne

It has the least content in all of Souls but with the series it seems like the less content the better the game is.
>>
BB simply because I can't stand the boring setting and lore of Souls anymore
>>
BB had the best PvE but it's multiplayer was terrible.

Also its chalice dungeons, the defiled chalice in particular made me hate the game until I finally did it.
>>
>>339831962
Bloodborne, not even close.
>>
DSIII, I never really cared for BB's setting or soundtrack. I really liked the combat and some of the NPCs but no matter how hard I tried the aesthetics of it kept me at arm's length. I wish they had brought the chalice dungeon idea to DSIII.

Also I really like PvP in souls games and it was pretty stagnant in BB.
>>
I like more DS3.

I love bloodborne and its unique on its own way but there's a charm on DS3 that I can't quite pinpoint.

I miss trick weapons though.
>>
>>339833821
>guaranteed stun lock

You never actually played the game
>>
>>339833047
When will this meme end?
>>
>>339836494
It won't end
It never started in the first place
Because it's not a meme, it's true.
>>
>>339836494
Its not a meme, PC release was a mistake bot for the version and the fanbase, mustards is the reason why everyone hates Souls fanbase.

I play on PS4 and i have yet to encounter an asshole half of I've encountered on PC.
>>
>>339833047
>being this much of a salty sonyfag
It went to Xbox as well faggot
>>
i like bloodborne more offcourse
DS3 is an amazing game but it didn't capture me like BB
>>
Bloodborne.

DS3 is lacking in content in the boss and area department, and the numbers game is only really in its favor when it comes to weapons and armor. What content there is was hastily thrown together and doesn't really stack up to BB's all that well. Just look at BB's 3 spear like weapons, then the entire class of spears in DS3. Then look at Castle Cainhurst, and then its Cathedral of the Deep equivalent. One has very noticeable padding, one does not. BB can definitely use more content, but at least what content it has isn't comparable to fast food.

It also has the least substantial lore out of all the Miyazaki directed games except for maybe AC4. The only completely new things are either cut from the game (Carthus covenant) or grossly underdeveloped (time travel, pilgrims, etc). There's always the chance the DLC will fix this, but the game shipping in this state is just laughable, seeing how Miyazaki is supposedly more at home with souls than he was with borne.

DS3 is only really acceptable from a gameplay mechanic perspective, and that's purely because it's a very safe, uninspired derivative of DS1's gameplay, with weapon arts being the most disappointing addon the series has had. It's still better than what DS2 had, sure, but even DS2 tried to come up with new ideas and at least managed to pull off some of them correctly.
>>
File: Mandatory Souls Games.jpg (306 KB, 1198x827) Image search: [Google]
Mandatory Souls Games.jpg
306 KB, 1198x827
>>
>>339831962
Roll roll attack
>>
File: image_0.jpg (243 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
243 KB, 800x800
>>339836990
>>
>>339831962
DS3, but I also think its kind of the weakest of the souls games. I'll really need to replay the others to really confirm this, but for most of the time I spent playing 3 I just wanted to play a different souls game.
>>
>>339837897
I'm as virgin and permalooser as alot of people here but that doesn't mean that I have to be a memester asshole ruining everyone's fun like most of mustards does.
>>
>>339833453
So what will DS3's dlc be about?
>>
>>339838357
>muh pc boogyman
Fuck off
>>
File: Witcher_souls.jpg (128 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_souls.jpg
128 KB, 1024x576
>>339831962
Witcher 3
>>
>>339837803
push a button push a button click your mouse
>>
>>339836494

It isn't a meme tho, the Souls fanbase got a LOT worse with Prepare to Die Edition's release. It pretty much was completely ruined when Bloodbonre was announced as Sony Exclusive. So much whining and false-flagging, I don't really blame Sonyfags for all the never-ever spamming because they complained so fucking much.
>>
>>339838650
it will open up the door to the right of anor londo that's been closed since DS1
>>
>>339838650
There was some guy claiming to be a community manager from namco a while ago, probably fake but he said one DLC would be about crossing something called the pilgrim sands to reach the black church. Something about descending into the dark too I think?

And then the second DLC had less info, but I think there was something about the angels and a place called the dread bridge.
>>
>>339838657
You seem obscenely upset at your inability to properly disprove him
If you look through the archives you can clearly see the massive dip in quality when the port came out. This isn't the only series, either, many other games had their communities shit on by the pc community. I'm not sure what it is about the steam fanbase that is just collectively underaged, but it's there
>>
>>339838650
im hoping they do something with the abyss
>>
>>339839096
I hope the snakes come back so we can kill them
>>
>>339833453
>3 above Demon's
Shit taste, senpai
>>
>>339838650

L O N D O R
O
N
D
O
R
>>
File: Bloodborne True End.jpg (67 KB, 778x713) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne True End.jpg
67 KB, 778x713
I hate my PS4 but for some reason I had a much better time with Bloodborne. I was pleasantly surprised with how well it turned out and after the DLC I'll say it was better, or at the very least, has better replay value and story. For some reason I got burnt out on DS3 after my third run while on Bloodborne I'm working on my 4th and plan on many more. Wish the framerate were better though.
>>
>>339836990
>>339833047
>>339832306
What the fuck? How delusional can you be? You wonder why we shit on the Sony fanbase so often, you guys are so obnoxious.
>>
BB
>>
>>339839881

How delusional can you be?

Games very popular getting populate ALWAYS destroys their fanbase, it just happened to happen when Prepare to Die Edition came out. I don't remember people complaining about Xbots being fucking cheaters or using trainers or spewing artificial difficulty maymays.
>>
>>339839881
Nice argument, you sure disproved him by telling him how frustrated you are
>>
>>339839881
Have you been out of your basement at all over the past year? DS3's popularity won't make it do CoD numbers but it's definitely captured part of the CoD audience.
>>
>>339839901
After playing through The Old Hunters the other day, my ranking is personally TOH > DaSIII > BB

I didn't really enjoy the Victorian aesthetic in BB compared to Dark Souls, but the quality of The Old Hunter's bosses and the Fishing Hamlet put it way above for me.
>>
>Bloodborne
>Play through the game several times
>Make an invasion character that I play for several hours
>Kept playing for over 3 months after release

>Dark Souls 3
>Played through once and can't be bothered to do NG+
>Tried invasions for a while and it's complete dog shit
>Already moved on to other games
>>
>>339840239
>Games very popular getting populate

What the fuck did I write? I meant to say Games getting very popular Always destroys their fanbase.
>>
>>339840317
It's just a popular game. How is the CoD audience involved in any way?
>>
>>339831962
BB because of the combat and chalice dungeons for optional difficulty.
>>
>>339837083
see
>>339840357
>>339840239
>>
>>339840356
I love when people complain about invasions, invaders assholes got what they deserved, I don't know how many of them I've dispatched but it never stops of feeling great.
>>
>>339840357
Even threads about unpopular niche games tend to get invaded by underage spergs when they get ported to pc. The steam fanbase is cancer and /v/ tends to prove it every day
>>
>>339841167
>The steam fanbase is cancer and /v/ tends to prove it every day

The first time I ever truly experienced it was with Gauntlet on PC. Holy fuck I have never before seen a cabal of more whiny, petulant, and entitled cunts than those lurking on the Steam forums.
>>
>>339840994
Don't get me wrong, I still win about 90% of the time even against shitbirds who summon. The pvp mechanics are just trash compared to Bloodborne.

It is funny though when you kill a host's phantoms and he just runs to summon more. Not even enough confidence to fight a 1v1, just sad.
>>
>>339831962

Bloodborne.

Better PvE and less godawful PvP
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.