[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suck my dick. Choke on it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: The Eternal Quebecois.jpg (99 KB, 1679x941) Image search: [Google]
The Eternal Quebecois.jpg
99 KB, 1679x941
Suck my dick. Choke on it.
>>
File: sexual harassment zoe.png (162 KB, 507x564) Image search: [Google]
sexual harassment zoe.png
162 KB, 507x564
do you think he regrets anything he said or did during his short career as an "indie dev"
>>
>>339817443
>literally could've let this tweet unanswered and made to look like another conspiracy.
>"I'M GOING TO ANSWER THIS TWEET AND GIVE IT MORE ATTENTION!"
>>
>>339817727
bless him for giving that story credibility.
>>
>>339817727
Phil Fish is a fucking retard. What else is new?
>>
Every time a narcissistic liberal hipster quits the game industry, an angel gets its wings.
>>
>>339817443
This is the exact point i lost all interest in defending Fish. Dude is a cunt of enormous proportions.
>>
>>339817054
I still want Fez 2.
>>
>>339817443

I know that Wolf guy personally, he's an insufferable faggot and I wish he would go away.
>>
>>339822405
yeah ok phil
>>
DIGEST
MY
PENIS
https://youtube.com/watch?v=yKUGwlFJAHw&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>339822405
Fuck off Phil.
>>
>>339822518

Nah, not Phil, but I felt like unwinding a bit.
>>
>really liked Fez
>enough that I listen to the soundtrack on a regular basis

Still fucking loathe Fish, though
>>
>>339822526
Did the japanese guy say something about what he felt when Fish literally raped him in front of a crowd?
>>
>>339822578
go back and hide under Tim Schafer's fupa, Phil.
>>
File: 1462574699361.jpg (511 KB, 1208x997) Image search: [Google]
1462574699361.jpg
511 KB, 1208x997
>>339822526
The fucking irony.
>>
phil fish did nothing wrong
>>
>>339822526
He's right bros.
>>
>>339824984
How so?
>>
>>339825051
What he says about Zelda is a good example.
>>
File: oreogaki.png (163 KB, 450x245) Image search: [Google]
oreogaki.png
163 KB, 450x245
>not having the classic
>>
Reminder this little faggot posted his own tweet on here and tried to hide it
>>
>>339822526
People mostly read this out of context. He's right, most modern Japanese games are garbage. He even admits that they "used to be king of the world".
>>
>>339825051
"If you look at the first Zelda and the latest Zelda. The first Zelda, it just drops you into that world and it's just a completely open non-linear world and it's dangerous, and it's hard and you have to like learn from your mistakes and figure things out and there are these secrets, and these secrets are not obvious at all which makes them secrets and interesting. And then you play the latest Zelda and it's the most like, it's a straight corridor and everythings just holding your hand all the time. All the secrets have an arrow pointing at them, it's like "You can break this wall with a bomb" because there's a little crack and there's all this surprise and magic and like danger and mystery is just gone completely. Because of this obsession with like tutorials and making sure the player know about everything, like it just kills it for me."
>>
>>339817054
Compare your life to mine and kill yourself
>>
>>339825526
Even a broken clock is right twice a day
>>
>>339825526
"I like my games to be obtuse for no reason other than a fake appearance of depth."

Games are meant to be played, not getting frustrated at, this is why Zelda games give you visual cues helping you get to where you're meant to be. Or do you want to have to drop a bomb at every foot of wall to see if there might be a secret there?

I bet spergs like this loved hitting spacebar 3000 times in every doom map trying to find secrets.
>>
based alpha
>>
Has Phil Fish done anything of note other than release a sub-par platformer (with stolen assets no less) and act like a narcissistic faggotass on Twitter before throwing a bitch fit and canceling a game no one really wanted anyway?
>>
>>339826946
> Fez
>Platformer

you are baiting, don't you?
>>
>>339827140

it's a game where you jump from platform to platform.

are you dumb?
>>
File: 535b669151806.jpg (270 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
535b669151806.jpg
270 KB, 2197x1463
>>339827379
It's actually a puzzle game.
>>
>>339827379

yes, puzzles solved by jumping from platform to platform, rotating the world to create new platforms to jump to.
>>
>>339824731
japanese devs may not always have the best UI/PC Controls, but damn, their optimization is godlike
>>
>>339827772
>>339827984
It's a puzzle-platformer. You can have more than 1 genre in a game.
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 900x1200
>mfw I sit in judgement masturbating
>>
>>339827984
Platforming is just the means to control the puzzles. There's no punishment for reacting slowly, falling off a ledge, and there's no enemies. It's sort of like calling a point and click adventure game a bird's eye hack-n-slash, like Diablo, but without enemies or repercussions. The viewpoint doesn't make the genre.
>>
>>339826536
That bald guy put it pretty well with the joy of discovery. Not just discovering random easter eggs, but figuring out new ways to use the tools the game gives you.

Just Cause 2 has a lot of examples. You learn in the tutorial at the start that you can tether things together, and then you spend the rest of the game playing with that. One time you're driving past some enemies, you might realize that it would be really cool jump on the roof of your car, tether someone to it and kill him by dragging him behind your car. If the game specifically told you to do that, it wouldn't be fun at all. The fun is in realizing yourself that you can use the tether that way and seeing it actually work. It's something anyone could figure out, but it still gives a sense of satisfaction when you think of it yourself.

Though it's kinda bullshit that this is a problem with Japanese games specifically. Handholding is plaguing western games just as much, if not more.
>>
>>339824731
Anyone know where the quote about making people happy comes from? That sounds like the kind of philosophy I'd want to live by if I was a game designer.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.