[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how many of you have bought into the VR meme? is it as good as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
how many of you have bought into the VR meme? is it as good as it's made out to be?
>>
>>339795486
>how many of you have bought into the VR meme?
/v/ is full of poorfag NEETs so basically no one.
>is it as good as it's made out to be?
Yes. If /v/ tells you otherwise it's because they haven't tried it.
>>
wait atleast a couple of months a year until AAA studios start throwing their weight into it.
>>
File: download.gif (1 MB, 427x230) Image search: [Google]
download.gif
1 MB, 427x230
>mfw fucking my waifu
>>
File: Ce6LPD2W4AAcZ0m.jpg (82 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Ce6LPD2W4AAcZ0m.jpg
82 KB, 600x400
>>339797445
This. Just a few minutes ago I tried out Nekopalive on my Oculus Rift. I had a boner the entire time.
Truly, we are living in the future. You have to experience it.
>>
>>339795486
I'd like to know since I plan on ordering a Vive soon.
>>
Got my Oculus a few days ago.
AMA
>>
>>339798924
I'm >>339798621
I'm enjoying my Rift so far. From what I hear if you want a headset now Vive is a little better, since you have room scale and motion controls out of the box. Oculus will release their motion controls most likely at the end of this year. They're both about equal, though I've heard Rift is a bit more comfortable, which is understandable because of ergonomics and it weights slightly less.
>>
>>339799275
From what I've seen, I'll cop a little relative discomfort for the greater flexibility that the Vive offers. I also don't want to be waiting until next year and have heard some concerning things about QC for the Rift.
>>
Got a Rift about a week or two back and its alright. The games are pretty limited and give me the whitey if I play them wrong. VRs problem is there is no killer app and after you fuck around for a brief time well you've got nothing more to do. Plus resolution is kinda meh
>>
>>339800368
True. Though if things are in motion on your screen the resolution is hardly noticeable. FoV is still a bit restricting though.
>>
>>339795486
My Vive is coming next week, I instantly ordered it after trying out Space Pirate Trainer, Job Simulator and theBlu (underwater thing).

It cannot be described simply how incredible the genuine depth perception, head tracking and body motion feels.
>>
I've had the Rift DK2 since it's release. It's good, but i definetly wont be paying the price they are charging for it at the moment. Considering i paid around £250 for the DK2, i have no idea how the consumer version costs so much now.
>>
it's alright. i mean, it's fucking magic. but it's still just *you*, doing things. it's not vidya, it's literally the exact opposite of vidya. it's fucking magic, but you only realize it when you stop and force yourself to. otherwise it's just, *you, doing things*. fucking magic.

this needs AAA content. this would make AAA level production values actually relevant.
>>
>>339801281
people misunderstand what happened between DK2 and Rift/Vive CV1. Rift dev kits were all using off-the-shelf cellphone hardware and little else. both Rift and Vive CV1 are using custom, purpose-built screens (low-persistence). that's the #1 biggest difference.

there's still no way either is actually being sold at cost. that's a bunch of straight bullshit from jewbook.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.