[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is freaking amazing. The gameplay, customization and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: SI_3DS_CodenameSTEAM.png (900 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
SI_3DS_CodenameSTEAM.png
900 KB, 1000x500
This game is freaking amazing. The gameplay, customization and ascetic. And the game just has so much character to boot.

Why do people always call it a let down? Everyone's so hard on the enemy turn speed but there's a fast forward button so what's the problem? I don't get it at all.
>>
>>339783143
Lots of people dropped it pre-patch and never looked back.

Releasing a game that slow doomed it from the start. No one cares that it has fast forward now.
>>
It wasn't like that at first. It got patched in.
>>
>>339783347
Wait you're telling me there's a patch that added the fast forward button? That's weird, I don't even remember patching it.
>>
>>339783534
Did you get it from the eshop?

Usually eshop games come with their current update by default.

But yes, it did not start off with fast forward.
>>
>>339783689
Yup I did. Guess that makes sense. Grabbed it on a whim for a long train ride. Really glad I did. Shame folks around here still seem to rag on it despite the fix.
>>
>>339783938

Plenty cried about aesthetics too.
>>
>>339784041

what is the complaints about aesthetics?
>>
>Looks like shit
>Plays like shittier versions of better games
>It's shit
Unless this is literally the first game of its genre you played there's no reason to like it.
>>
>>339784176

Not muh weeb
>>
>>339784041
I don't see what's to complain about but I'm sure there are but there are always folks with shit taste.

While I'm at it though, I was wondering something. Is Valkyria Chronicles gameplay like this game? I've been a bit interested in the series lately and they seem similar.
>>
>>339783143
Did you get it for $5, brand new, from EB Games like I did, fellow Canadanon?
>>
>>339784454
Nope, got it on the eshop.
>>
>>339783143
>ascetic
*aesthetic
>>
File: S.T.E.A.M The Fox.jpg (18 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
S.T.E.A.M The Fox.jpg
18 KB, 224x225
For the record OP, the whiners were virtually all shitposters who never touched it.

Everyone who has actually played the game loves it, as a quick glance on Miiverse can attest.

It is simply becoming more and more difficult to praise new Nintendo IPs on /v/, especially niche ones like this. You get barraged with all of these nonsense complaints that simply do not matter.
>>
>>339784323
Yes but no "chess-map"
>>
The Silver Age comic book style would have been better in HD
>>
File: Codename J.U.S.T.R.I.G.H.T.png (115 KB, 540x587) Image search: [Google]
Codename J.U.S.T.R.I.G.H.T.png
115 KB, 540x587
Yeah, it's a lot of fun, but sadly didn't sell well.
>>
>>339784454
i did
10 US, still haven't touched it since im trying to finish the shit on my plate first, but i wanted it because i heard it was a 3DS xcom style game with abe lincoln or some shit
>>
>>339783143
Just bought it last week for 10 dollars. This game didn't deserve to die like it did.
>>
Honestly, it's an okay game outside of the infinitely respawning enemies and enemies who cheat with their Overwatch. You get a whole one attack but they can hit you indefinitely..
>>
>>339787859
You're doing it right, anon. The fewer expectations you said, the more pleasantly the game will surprise you.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.