[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever cheated in a video game before?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 14
File: 2016-06-02_23-09-29.png (8 KB, 196x59) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-02_23-09-29.png
8 KB, 196x59
Have you ever cheated in a video game before?
>>
File: Edwin.png (202 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
Edwin.png
202 KB, 210x330
>>339780880
No I'm lawful evil. I play by the rules but will use any lawful tactic in the game whenever people like it or not.
>>
File: 1424908042760.png (3 MB, 3264x2491) Image search: [Google]
1424908042760.png
3 MB, 3264x2491
I used to cheat at CS 1. 6 and America's Army. That time when they cracked the punkbuster files was the best could use any cheat ever
>>
>>339780880
No and I never will, unless I get really bored in a singleplayer game I've beaten.

Anyone who cheats in MP is trash.
>>
>>339780880

I used cheat engine all the time in MGS V invasion. As long as you weren't doing stupid shit like teleport to capture the base to immediately win, then you could get away with nearly anything.
>>
File: wasgettingcaughtpartofyourplan.png (793 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wasgettingcaughtpartofyourplan.png
793 KB, 1920x1080
>>
yea
>>
>>339781407
This is so autistic.
>>
>>339780880
I screenlooked in Goldeneye once.
>>
>>339780880
nope

i never cheated. if i want to be good at a game i practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
>>
>>339781549
You piece of shit.
>>
>>339781549
How you can sleep at night?
>>
>>339780880

Duped an obscene amount of credits in Star Wars Galaxies when the game came out. That was fun. God I miss that game.
>>
>>339781549
MODS!!
>>
Yes
>>
>>339781549
You make me sick,
>>
Early beta Rust, where it was in the browser with unity still. Other people were hacking like mad, so I figured why not.
>>
Map hack and item find in Diablo 2.
Fuck doing the desert areas without it.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-02+at+08.20.41).jpg (25 KB, 282x414) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-02+at+08.20.41).jpg
25 KB, 282x414
an old account of mine
>>
Map hack for D2 and pindlebot
Map hack for a little in WC3 when I played dota

And I pirated NBA2K15 and used poke to get my create a player to an 80 value the rookie year because progression was ballsack
>>
>>339780880
Yes, and I cried bitch tears when they banned both my accounts.

Hack coder gave me something unreleased and old to send them so I could get my main account back though
>>
File: 1463968857012.jpg (46 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1463968857012.jpg
46 KB, 500x333
>>339780880
back when dark souls 1 on pc was with GFWL i'd use the trainer for duping upgrade materials and leveling myself up just so i could easily create characters for pvping. but when i just wanted to play the game through pve i never did it.

i only started doing it after putting like 400+ hours on console and then playing the ps version once through. just kinda stopped caring after awhile because lots of the value in dark souls 1 came from the pvp/player interactions.

i feel like people that complained about people using trainers in ds1 havent played the game long enough to understand why nobody cared anymore. if you had a +15 weapon anyways you're strong enough to kill anyone
>>
File: VAC herpes.jpg (61 KB, 660x493) Image search: [Google]
VAC herpes.jpg
61 KB, 660x493
I equate a VAC ban to getting herpes. People are going to see it on you (your profile) and be disgusted that you're that kind of person. It's a permanent shame that you're going to have to live with unless you start a new steam account, I guess

I'm VAC ban-free and Herpes-free. Feels good, man.
>>
>>339781914
With 70 games, how come you don't use it?
>>
Wheever I beat a souls game I cheat engine the fuck out of it.
Start the game with all spells, weapons, upgrading materials, all souls so I can level up to any level and then PVP the fuck out of that game
>>
yeah but it was on purpose .. i wanted to get banned so i can lose 20 thousand dollars
>>
Botted in Hearthstone, stopped right in time and didn't get banned.
Nice.
>>
File: image_20.jpg (54 KB, 304x605) Image search: [Google]
image_20.jpg
54 KB, 304x605
>>
File: 1463460276784.jpg (73 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1463460276784.jpg
73 KB, 720x720
>>339782510
Probably family shares a new one, like I just did.

I did CS:GO, banned about 400 days ago.
Had fun with it, wasn't really going for as many numbers/kills as possible necessarily. Winning with cheats isn't a thing, if you fget enjoyment with cheats from "doing good" you should kys.
>>
No. I made a cheater mad the other day though.
>>
>>339780880
yeah but only in gmod so i can get kids angry in darkrp
>>
yup.
I hacked a ton in maplestory back in the day, mostly botting lowkey to get pan lids and other shit to sell for meager mesos. Because I wasn't botting in obvious spots and wasn't selling mesos no one ever noticed or reported me, and I never got banned.
Never bothered hacking on a VAC secured game because i'm not a fucking retarded.
>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-ub-b-bh-b-ubh-bh-buh muh FALSE POSITIVE!
it's total bullshit, if you're shit enough to get caught, or need to hack in the first place, you deserve it, faggot. Suck that VAC ban down and then cry yourself to sleep when you realize you're gonna be foreverially fucked up if you ever want to play any multiplayer game on PC seriously in the future.
>>
No but I get accused of cheating every time I play COD which is funny to me
>>
yup.

APB reloaded, everyone fucking cheats in that game.

https://ffbans.org
>9459 bans in a year and a half
>>
From time to time in counter-strike 1.5 and in some shitty korean mmo. I think it was called rose online or some shit.
>>
File: titanite_slab[1].png (32 KB, 196x226) Image search: [Google]
titanite_slab[1].png
32 KB, 196x226
Single-player games? Plenty. Usually just to fuck around. GTA:VC and GTA:SA were great for that. Spawning jumpjets, flying around, etc. I never saved after cheating though.

In a multi-player game? Just in Dark Souls 3. I used Cheat Engine to increase the number of titanite slabs I had so I could try more weapons maxed out without having to do more playthroughs. I don't think From's cheat detection looks at things like that, so it's been more than a week and nothing has happened. They probably look for people with hacked weapons and very high levels.
>>
>>339780880
I'll clear a game at the highest difficulty as intended as my first run, but after that any sort of achievements/unlocks/etc that amount to busywork or tasks I consider to be easier than what I already did, I'll CE the shit out of to get over with. Or in the event of the hardest difficulty requires a playthrough on an easier one to unlock and completion of that hardest setting is needed for something, fuck you for wasting my time and I'll at the minimum give myself some boost(though not godmode) to speed it along. Don't have the time I did when I was a kid, nothing is getting more than one real playthrough.
>>
>>339780880
GTA V
>>
i wallhacked and aimbotted in MW2

never got caught
>>
runescape botting but that was really just part of the game
>>
>>339780880
Never in multiplayer. A couple times in single player, one recently was in DMC4.
>>
File: 5555.jpg (34 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
5555.jpg
34 KB, 640x427
Yes, and totally worth it

>Guy I work with is a huge douche
>Thinks he's the greatest thing ever
>He does really cringe things like hit on co-workers
>Everyone hates him
>Brags he's a god at CS:Source
>Tell him I bet I can beat him easily
>He bets me 100 dollars he will win
>Get home and download hacks
>Beat his ass 1v1 with aim hacks on
>Tell him he sucks and he owes me money now
>Pays me at work in front of everyone
>Tell him later that day I used hacks
>He freaks out in front of everyone
>Starts screaming about hacks and noobs
>No one has any idea what he's talking about
>Act like I have no idea what he's talking about at all
>Everyone just thinks he's crazy now
>He quits his job a week later
>MFW

Totally fucking worth getting banned for, he was so fucking mad, it was the funniest shit ever.
>>
I cheated in PSO on the gamecube using the action replay

but otherwise no. Never been VAC banned because I'm not a faggot.
>>
>coke music
>my room fucks up, can't be loaded
>use cheat engine to force myself in
>this fixes it
>a week later they ban me

fucking cunts
>>
>>339785943
2011, the year of botting 4 accounts simultaneously for 50 hours straight until they randomly got disconnected for whatever reason

My main got banned for 2 days on OSRS and next time it's permanent... I'm too bored of the game to play legit but it's tempting to risk it
>>
File: large01.jpg (40 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
large01.jpg
40 KB, 800x600
I cheated in America's Army 2.5, way back when that was a thing, because it was so easy to do (PunkBuster was a joke) that there were so fucking many cheaters and I just wanted to see what it was like. Got bored, went back to playing legit.

It's a shame how they killed that game and now some completely different bullshit wears its name. It wasn't a great game but it was pretty unique, and now you can't even go back to get an idea of what it was like.
>>
I used to use infinite health cheats in snes and dos games like Duke 3D. Then I realized how fucking pointless it was, you're basically disabling the 'game' part of the game. Now I marvel at any autistic turd who gets any enjoyment out of it.
>>
>>339786476
If nothing else, I still know how to tie a tourniquet.
>>
>>339786292
hahaha you are a fuckin asshole
>>
Yes

> Did I get caught?

Hell No
>>
>>339781549
my mates and I used to beat people like you with a bit of rubber hose
>>
>>339786709
Someone actually used the medical training in that game to save a life: http://www.wired.com/2008/01/americas-army-t/

And people said making you do all that training was pointless.
>>
>>339786292
>Implying this ever happened
>Implying you didn't use hacks because you're shit at video games
>>
File: Untitled.png (46 KB, 297x253) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
46 KB, 297x253
I was bored one night and downloaded a hack for CS:S back when I was 16, joined multiple french jail servers and just fucked with some frogs.

Recieved a VAC ban 3 days later, altough I don't remember actually joining a VAC-secured server.
Never really played CS:S after that, left behind a lot of chill online friends that I used to hang out with on a popular server, VIP privileges included.

Dem was good times.
>>
I've used exploits but that's about it, wouldn't call that cheating though, you're just abusing broken game mechanics.
>>
>>339787120
>Recieved a VAC ban 3 days later, altough I don't remember actually joining a VAC-secured server.
A server not being VAC secured doesn't mean you won't get banned for cheating on it, just that you can't join it if you've been banned. Big Brother Valve is always watching.
>>
dnkroz
I'm so sorry
>>
Only on singleplayer games.
Also while not a cheat per see there was one multiplayer shooter I figured out how to walk out of bounds in one map and just shoot people from inside walls.
>>
On single player games, yes, and I still do now and then. I don't cheat to win instantly or something, I just cheat some money, not even unlimited, a little to build stuff or to skip stuff I don't want to deal with.
>lockpicking in Skyrim
Sometimes I just want to dick around and not care about tedious stuff.

For example I made Canada a superpower HoI3 with somewhat better technology and a small, but effective army (about 40 divisions with 5 brigades each, plus some air force) and conquered Italy all by myself by mid '43.

I never have and never will cheat in multiplayer.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.