[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UBISOFT ON DEATHWATCH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: photo.png (137 KB, 832x831) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
137 KB, 832x831
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-takeover-fears-deepen-as-vivendi-closes-in/1100-6440404/

>Devs also threaten that they would leave if the takeover happens

IT'S ALL OGRE NOW
>>
>>339743479
Is Vivendi a bad guy? Do they own other developers/publishers or something?
>>
>>339744118
They're the guys ActiBliz bought themselves out of.

Let me rephrase that in case it didn't sink in.

Vivendi is so shit, so abhorrent as a media company, that ActiBlaz PAID THEM MILLIONS to leave. They are Viacom level.
>>
>>339745565
Where can I learn more, anon? I don't really trust heresay about such topics on /v/, because /v/ hates everything irrationally.
>>
>>339744118
That's not important.
What is important is that Ubi is literally worthless if its devs leave.
>>
>>339744118
litteraly Megacorp : the company
they own everything
like from parking to shops passing by videogames company
it won't surprise me if they own weapons company
>>
>>339745565

> Millions.

Not quite anon.

It was around $6 Billion.
>>
>>339745841
>if its devs leave

You think that won't stop Vivendi from hiring people to work on those IPs? Ubisoft is mediocre now, imagine a company that is worse than them.
>>
>>339745981
I doubt they'd hire back on that sheer level of manpower. They're in it for the IPs. Ubi would be reduced to pure mobage, which is fine by me.
>>
>>339744118
Valve beat them in court a few years ago
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Corporation#Valve_Corporation_v._Vivendi_Universal_Games
>>
>>339746127
they have the money to do so........
never underestimate Vivendi , this would be the last mistake you'd make before being bought for 1$
>>
>>339744118

Ubisoft and Gameloft already do everything that large corporate takeovers would result in.It's not like Gameloft isn't already a creatively bankrupt studio that pushes out clones of other games on mobile. It's not like Ubisoft doesn't rushes out unfinished, buggy games and focuses everything around Ass Creed and Tom Clancy shooters.

This is just Ubisoft being under the control of a different but like minded company. The only reason there's a stuggle is because the Guilmot's don't want to lose control of their company.
>>
>>339744118
Google is your friend

They are a mega corperation in business from almost anything you can think of
Music
Movies
Games
Sports
Etc..
They own some companies that make average to okay games but outside of that they don't really do anything with video games which is why acti-blizz bought themselves out because they feel like they would be unser restraint or somethingv
>>
>>339743479
good riddance
>>
>>339744118
They're basically kaibacorp.
>>
>>339745841
Yeah, but it's possible for developers/publishers to change hands and not care, because their new owners are hands-off. Take Atlus and SEGA for example.

Asking if they're a bad "bad guy" is relevant, because if they suck at managing their subsidiaries, and Ubi employees know it, that can directly translate into people leaving.
>>
>>339746827
But that doesn't matter, because the devs are LITERALLY threatening to walk. A benevolent turn is not an option here.
>>
>>339743479
oh no not all those quality ubisoft titles I love so much like nothing and assassins creed
>>
>>339745841
>Ubi is literally worthless if its devs leave

It is worthless already with the devs still in
>>
Whats the ever loving point of being bought and owned by thewe gigantic corporations?

Isn't ubisoft the company itself responsable for making and fufilling orders for shipping, making sure developers are on schedule, cleaning their own toilets.

Why do buisnesses like vivendi even exist?
>>
>>339747181
Sometimes you need funding and sugar daddy can provide
>>
>>339747170
Bu b bbuuuttttt WATCH DOGS TWWWOOOOOOO
>>
>>339744118
Alright, first thing first, it's a mega-corporation, it doesn't inspire any kind of trust. But what's especially bad here is that the last thing Vincent Bolloré, one of the main decision maker for Vivendi, acquired, Canal +, a french private TV network with a rather popular channel fucking gutted the channel out of anything worthwhile and pretty much went from somewhat successful to completely failing in less than a year.

It's not much of a wonder they're not liked.
>>
>>339747275
So basically gigantic loan departments but these loan departments also own property rights and make money off them?
>>
>>339745565
>>339745969
$8 billion, actually. Plus another $850 million for something else

They bought out because Vivendi was planning to bleed Activision dry of their reserve funds in order to not go bankrupt or something.
>>
>>339747426
MUH GUIGNOL

MUH PETIT JOURNAL

i hate bolloré as much as i hate balkany
>>
>>339747431
If successful yeah you'll make more without spending much yourself
>>
>>339747552
>Balkany
Huh, could be worse I guess. I mean, nevermind that he's basically a terrible crook, the guy is pretty much harmless otherwise from what I gather.
>>
>>339747689
yeah if he paid his taxes France would be rich af
but here's a little song (in french ) who cover all of his "harmless" actions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS6ioiNFmkk
>>
>>339747653
This just utterly boggles my mind. Activision/blizzard as large as it is doesn't need any more outside help.

Im just really having a hard time why any buisness would sell to a huge organization or buisness that offered literally NOTHING, ANYTHING, and then gain all rights to decide what happens in said smaller company. It has to be finacial security I suppose.
>>
>the third-largest gaming company is about to get fucking swallowed

oh my lord what the fuck
being a public company can be scary
>>
>>339746423
Ubisoft still publishes small games all the time and fund game for other systems despite them not being popular. They gave Wii U and Vita games even when both were struggling. Also they always debut new IPs every E3 and give their devs a chance to make their games when they're not busy making AC and other shit.

If they get bought by Vivendi it would mean less new IPs from Ubisoft, they will milk every successful Ips they have much much harder and kill off every other game that isn't mega successful from the get go.
>>
>>339748029
Vivendi isn't buying them nicely, they're doing a hostile takeover like they've done for decades.

They buy shares from shareholders and gain a controlling stake of the company and then proceed to milk everything the company is worth before dissolving them soon after. Ubisoft is in trouble as Vivendi already bought up Gameloft which is owned by Ubisoft's boss's brother and now Vivendi is already in the process of taking over Ubisoft and there's nothing they can do to stop it.
>>
>>339748029
Honestly it all comes down to logistics

Works for some
Not so much for many
>>
I wonder how the atmosphere inside Ubi's offices is now. Must feel like shit.
>>
MUH ASSASSIN'S CREED

Oh well, it's gone to shit anyway
>>
>gearbox is flopping
>now ubisoft

There is a god.
>>
>>339748487
oh come on , okay they made some mistakes (aka AssCreed Unity) but they are some pretty creative company compared to EA, 2k and Activision
>>
>>339748456
They deserve it

Killing off their own ips to bring it back worse
Turning AC into a shitfest yearly
Beyond good and evil
Took them years to get rayman back to its roots and now they've tried to cash in through ios bs and before that the rabbits
Dine and dash on every new interesting IP they make without giving it another shot
>>
>>339748743
On one side I actually like this outcome because I see it as payback for what they did to Assassin's Creed and Patrice Desilets.

On the other hand that was pretty much the fault of the suits, not the developers. Kinda feel bad for them, Ubisoft has some very talented people working for them still.
>>
>>339748743
>They deserve it
Say what you want about Ubisoft, at least they give us something good every once in a blue moon.

Vivendi buys them, that never happens again. Ubisoft's IPs die completely, never get sold off, sit in rotten stagnation save for when some corrupt exec tries to justify his worthless waste-of-space job by deciding that they'd make perfect mobile cash-ins.
>>
>>339748487
spot the activislave
>>
>>339748703
When it comes to their open world games they are surrounded by new gimmicks that ware off quickly to some degree.

They all have gigantic worlds that are littered with collectables, side missions, unfriendly user interfaces. Stories are all throw away.

Ubi have ideas that can start off new and fresh but their repetition for what works makes them just as bad as other big name publishers.
>>
Speaking of Activision Blizzard.

I've not seen any mention of Kotick or Rigattoni for a while. I know Ravioli isn't CEO of EA anymore, but Kotick is still in Activision Blizzard.
>>
>>339749272
Seriously, their concepts and stuff are all amazing. Watch Dogs, The Division, Wildlands, all of that sounds so amazing on paper.

Their execution rarely works out, every single time they dumb everything down so hard until release day. Just look at the Watch Dogs E3 2012 demo and compare it to the actual game, it's painful. They make large maps just for the sake of making them big, fill it with nothing and it all feels vapid and soulless. Their games all feel similar, it's the same fomula everywhere.
>>
>>339747181
>Why do buisnesses like vivendi even exist?
They're hybrids between patent trolls and the aliens from V. They buy up companies to gain control of their IPs, then milk the shit out of them until they're worthless then move on to the next thing to exploit. Anything that they acquire that turns out to be successful is an unintentional side-product.
>>
>>339749476
Because we grew up and got redpilled like a motherfucker ever since kotick was appearing more often to defend video games and Kickstarter turning old favorite developers into scheming Jews

I like kotick now , 7 years ago I'd call him a terrible boss of a big publisher but mans gotta eat and retards buy in flock why behind cod are some okay games here and there
>>
>>339743479
Will they fix Splinter Cell now?
Or at least put it out of its misery?
>>
>>339743479
Bolloré mes couilles
>>
>>339749742
This, the Vivendi boss Bollore is a corporate raider. Dude just eats and eats and never stops. He's known to be fucking ruthless and now his target is Ubisoft. I honestly don't see them winning against Vivendi at all.
>>
>>339749749
When behind cod are some solid games*

Looking at it again , activision's library outside of cod isn't so bad
>>
>>339748029
>Im just really having a hard time why any buisness would sell to a huge organization
Magic of the marketplace :^) Since they're a publicly traded company there really isn't much stopping a bigger one from buying up the majority of the shares, thus becoming the primary controller.
>>
>>339746423
>. It's not like Ubisoft doesn't rushes out unfinished, buggy games and focuses everything around Ass Creed and Tom Clancy shooters.

>tfw Heroes 7 is shit
>>
>>339749941
They can win
Sell off their IPs quick before it is too late
>>
>>339744118
>Is Vivendi a bad guy?
Yes.
The jew final form.
>>
File: Rocksmith_2014_cover.jpg (52 KB, 300x379) Image search: [Google]
Rocksmith_2014_cover.jpg
52 KB, 300x379
>>339743479
Only Ubisoft game I care about, damn.
>>
>>339749943
To be completely honest they've done a good job of keeping COD fresh once IW got the boot. I don't own the games but it's always fun to go to friend's houses and play zombies and the various coop modes. And they even brought back bot multiplayer on their newer ones
>>
>>339748097
>They gave Wii U and Vita games even when both were struggling
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ubisoft fucked Nintendo and the Wii U so hard its not even funny. Rayman was set to the a launch exclusive but as delayed at the last minute to make it multiplat, even thought it was ready to go for Wii U at launch.

They complained that mature games don't sell well enough when ZombiiU managed to move 750K copies, almost as much as Just Dance the same year, and Asscreed 4 actually moved several hundred thousand copies as well.

Ubisoft has done fucking nothing to help the Wii U, they could have easily been publishing lots of smaller, niche games for the console that would have sold fine but do little beyond pump out their AAA blockbuster shit.
>>
>>339750059
So that they can buy shares back? Well yeah, I guess that's an option but if I remember correctly if you do something like that your investors could sue you or something. It's definitely something that'd piss them off. Not an expert in this field though.
>>
>>339750262
>but it's always fun to go to friend's houses and play zombies and the various coop modes
Sadly those days are numbered.
>>
>>339750384
They could keep AC , watch dogs , rainbow and the crew but get rid of the important ips like rayman , prince of Persia etc
>>
>>339750450
Yeah, and that's too bad. If they brought back their spec ops mode id buy it in a heartbeat. That shit was so fun
>>
>>339748097
>Ubi helped Nintendo.

Bullshit, nintendo is fucking mad with ubisoft.

They literally told them to fuckoff because it dont "sell" games.

Yet zombiU moved much units as just dance.
>>
>>339750262
>>
>>339746423
Gameloft actually tried to make handheld console quality level games on android.

Now they just make mini games.
>>
Ubisoft = LGBT
>>
>>339748487
>There is a god.

Why would you want companies to go under? More games is good.
>>
>>339750970
explain yourself i don't get the point
>>
File: 1378427524083.png (118 KB, 330x292) Image search: [Google]
1378427524083.png
118 KB, 330x292
Is no one else trouble by how centralized the world economy is getting? It's like there are a dozen huge mega-corporations that basically own everything, one way or another.
>>
>>339751052
They do the usual LGBT pandering bullshit.
>>
>>339743479
There are ex-ubisoft developers in Larian Studios Montreal branch now.
>>
>>339751189
Cyberpunk soon, fellow chummer
>>
>>339750321
>>339750643
It was never about not selling, that's just the go-to excuse. There are millions of other reasons why they could have backed out. Here are a few likely ones.

>Nintendo had quality standards and Ubi didn't want to have to deal with those
>They saw that Sony was winning the race and decided that working with Nintendo was too much effort, too little reward
>Nintendo wanted too much for the Wii U license / Sony / Microsoft offered them a good deal
>Straight-up bribery
>Simple incompetence
>Ridiculous expectations - wanted an unknown IP on a new platform to sell 4m+ units with no advertising
>They realized that the audience on Nintendo didn't buy into the shitfest we call "AAA video game development" (doesn't explain Rayman)

My personal favorite theory is that a narcissistic executive (read: an executive) got buttblasted that Nintendo games were selling more on the Nintendo console and threw a tantrum as "revenge".
>>
>>339751191
does it affect the gameplay ?
it can be annoying but come on , let's face it, it doesn't change radically a game right ?
>>
>>339751189
I find it hilarious. The people running these corporations are the ones who preach about the free market the hardest, but they're the ones damaging it the most - if it goes on much longer, we're going to end up with a command economy, just instead of being run by the government it'll be run by the corporations.
>>
Finally now we need to get rid of Bethesda
>>
>>339750643
We all know nintendo fans only buy nintendo games, marios, zeldas and games that feature them.
>>
>>339751502
Shadowrun soon , without the magic
>>
>>339751412
I wasn't the guy you originally replied to, but no, it doesn't affect the gameplay, but you can't deny how blatant their bandwagoning is. You can just as easily keep your beliefs to yourself and not be an obnoxious fag about it.

no pun intended
>>
>>339751189
>Look up the corporations selling shit in my small country
>Most of anything that has anything to do with Candy was purchased in the 1990s
>National Glasswool producer is just a branch of the French mother company
>Internally one company controls about 80% of food production
>>
>>339751746
where so you live ?
>>
File: bilderberg.jpg (2 MB, 3434x2959) Image search: [Google]
bilderberg.jpg
2 MB, 3434x2959
>>339751189
Try "around 100", but yes.
The worst part is how they have complete control of both media and government. We live in a post-democratic, globalized world controlled by an amazingly small financial elite. Try watching documentaries like The Brussels Business for a glimpse at how thoroughly corrupt to the core our governments are.
>>
>>339751231
There are lots of Ubi devs leaving the company and either starting their own shit with their mates or just going to a different company.

Like most if not all Ass Creed veterans are gone now. Hell, just recently a game named "Absolvers" or something got announced, it's by ex-Ubi devs.
>>
>Vivendi

It's kind of amazing this company started around Napoleon III's days
>>
>>339751571
gonna be like neuromancer novel in 50 years at this rate
>>
>>339743479
>Ubisoft will finally be kill
Good. Maybe an actual good company can step up to represent Canada.
>>
File: novahot.jpg (101 KB, 600x349) Image search: [Google]
novahot.jpg
101 KB, 600x349
>>339751571
I'm drokkin' ready, chummer. Let's hack the firewall database's central ICE and download ourBoot.exe into their fragging mainframe
>>
>>339751921
Israel.
>>
>>339752185
well, there's Larian Studios, but they're from Belgium
>>
>>339752287
Shouldn't you be off stealing land
>>
File: 1447521095527.gif (25 KB, 337x337) Image search: [Google]
1447521095527.gif
25 KB, 337x337
>>339752287
why the fuck would jews allow 1 fucking company to control 80% of food production
that's asking for trouble, even among jews
>>
>>339752284
WE GOTTA HACK THE PLANET!
>>
File: Weyland-Yutani_Coporation_Logo.jpg (80 KB, 575x269) Image search: [Google]
Weyland-Yutani_Coporation_Logo.jpg
80 KB, 575x269
>>339751189
We've seen the future. We laughed at how unrealistic it was.
The day has come. The nightmare is real, it just has a different name.
>>
>>339751189
The way its going we will return to a Feudal Society.
Just wait until a corporation can get past shit like human rights openly and buy out states.
>>
>found a company, put all your blood sweat and tears into it for decades
>become very successful over time
>some jew comes along and buys all of your company under your nose and forces you out of it

I literally don't understand why this is possible.
>>
>>339747170
wouldn't getting the devs to leave be good? New talent would mean we don't get assassin's creed rehashed with new themes every year. And I'm refering to AC and Watchdogs and all the other bs they publish that only casuals like.
>>
>>339752676
Just make your company private if you're so worried.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>339752478
>>
>>339752129
Deus Ex was onto something. What we called fiction is more real than we could've imaged. It's honestly daunting.
>>
>>339752705
>New talent would mean we don't get assassin's creed rehashed with new themes every year.
No, it means you continue to get Assassin's Creed rehashed with new themes every year...but with even lower quality.
>>
File: 1339726546370.jpg (20 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1339726546370.jpg
20 KB, 429x410
>be game dev/publisher studio
>go public for some reason
>get bought out by bigger corporation
>they ruin everything

This is why companies like Valve aren't publicly shared.
>>
File: yourhobbydieswithyou4.jpg (2 MB, 2879x2752) Image search: [Google]
yourhobbydieswithyou4.jpg
2 MB, 2879x2752
>>339743479
Ubisoft is already shit. So what you're saying is they are going to get 10 times shittier?

WELCOME TO VIDEO GAMES IN 2016
>>
>>339752536
I for one, am ready to fight in some corporate army against some other corporate army.
>>
File: 5144_a1b1_500_zps15542a3c.jpg (187 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
5144_a1b1_500_zps15542a3c.jpg
187 KB, 500x500
>>339752676
Capitalism ho !
>>
>>339752676
That's just how it is with the public company business. If your company is private, you can chill. Like Gabe.
>>
File: image.jpg (236 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236 KB, 1920x1080
Just fucking shoot me
>>
>>339751921
Norway
Most likely the entire of the Baltic states too.
>>
>>339752284
>That shit tier cyberdeck

Not very good chummer
>>
>>339744118
they're #1 music producer on earth, they make like 30% of everything you hear on the radio.
>>
>>339752676
>Jew gives you money in exchange for parts of your company
>you happily accept money
>OMG WHY DONT I OWN MY COMPNAY!?!
>>
>>339744118
Are you fucking retarded or 13?
All the universal shit(crash, spyro etc.)
Blizzard
Sierra
Then they merged with activision and Vivendi's gaming division, Vivendi Games, became Activision Blizzard.But then ActiBliz split and now they got nothing to do with them.

All the WoW prime money went into their pockets man, billions a dollas
>>
>>339752892
I hope I can help smuggle corporate defectors to different megacorps. Like New Rose Hotel but without getting hit by a car
>>
>>339752978
they don't make my touhous, feels good
>>
>>339752980
Except you can't say no
>>
>>339752129
To be fair, people don't become powerful because they join the Bilderberg Group - they get to join the Bilderberg Group because they're powerful.
>>
>>339753057
not yet
>>
>>339752953
Let's see yours then you wasteoid dweebie
>>
>>339752129
You want to know what's sad? I instinctively saved this image in my cyberpunk folder.
>>
>>339752676
Make it a private company without shareholders.
Going public is just a shitty idea put forward by jews so they can later hold your balls and swing you around and even tell you WHAT TO DO with your own company.
>>
>>339752676
Quit going public. There are other problems that come with being a private company, but public companies are cancer since it's usually rule by committee.

There's a reason why so many hedge shitters want Steam to be public.
>>
>>339750987
>>339749157

Spot the shills

>implying we want cancerous companies that only produce shit
>>
>>339743479
Oh no! If the devs leave, who will make games where we visit specific locations to reveal parts of the map?

I can't live without my open world cartography simulators!
>>
Ubisoft won't be missed.
>>
>>339753098

Being in meatspace has its uses
>>
>>339752613
I always wonder how do the type of people who sit at stuff like the Bilderberg Group think about little people like us. Are we even human to them? Are we just insignificant little plebs? Cheap labor easily distracted through bread and games?

>get past shit like human rights openly
>openly
That's the thing, they know that none of this shit will fly if they do it openly. It'll happen, but it'll happen through fifteen proxy and "terrorist organizations" and whatnot.
>>
How long would it realistically take for Vivendi to take over Ubisoft? Any estimates?
>>
>>339752980
That's not what a HOSTILE takeover is you fucking waste of carbon.
>>
>>339753356
>JESUS

I haven't seen that in a long time.
>>
>>339752980
The CEO of Ubisoft has said they don't want this to happen. It's called a hostile takeover for a reason. If someone has the money to buy shares in your company, they own part of it.
You could argue they went public because they're idiots but it's likely that the recent failures made shareholders sell their parts and Vivendi was waiting like a vulture
>>
>>339753427
>I always wonder how do the type of people who sit at stuff like the Bilderberg Group think about little people like us. Are we even human to them?

I guess we are like niggers to them.
>>
>>339747170
this
>>
File: 2015-09-13-22.13.21[1].jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-13-22.13.21[1].jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>339753356
people are actually starting to make their own decks, what with VR taking off
>>
>>339753682
WE WERE THE NIGGERS ALL ALONG
>>
>>339752989
I'm 25. I've just been underneath an internet rock because I don't care about every little thing that goes on.

I just come here every few months so that people can tell me who to hate and not buy products from.
>>
>>339751189
Not so different I think.

There is always a minority which leads the majority.

I mean, look what controlled most of the shit before governments and free market were a thing.
Same shit, different looks
Nobody denies others of a nice life.
Well, maybe through proxy wars and shit but whatever.
Appreciate that you got lucky
>>
>>339752989
hello google
>>
>>339753851
Don't buy products from Square Enix
>>
>>339752613

They don't need to do that, the current arrangement is actually a LOT better for companies, who can turn much into externalities to be paid states instead of themselves (pollution, but also more recently quite simply systemic bankruptcy - the corporation is free to take criminal risks and leave taxpayers to deal with their mistakes, without having to relent an inch back of its hold).

If only: if you were property of a corporation it would have to pay for your maintenance whether you're useful or not. At worst/least, it would have to pay for your decommission and bear any social stigma associated. Since you're just a hired worker, it can pay you when needed, and leave you to die when not. And it's the state that will bear the brunt of the responsibility.
>>
There are people that care about ubisoft?
Bot even being edgy, but what could Vivaldi possibly do to the IP?
>>
i wont mourn Ubisoft if they crash, especially after what they did to Patrice Desilets
>>
>>339749667
Ubisoft are sales men.
They can sell a game, not make one.
>>
remeber when ubisoft was hot shit? when they didin't burn all their bridges by trying to milk the fuck out of asscreed and making shit pc ports? remeber watchdogs? remeber the fucking division?
>>
>>339752129
>complete control of both media and government
>and government

Ohohoho, you cute little guy you.

Implying it's not the other way around

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disposition_Matrix

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tailored_Access_Operations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OAKSTAR

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XKeyscore
>>
>>339754686
I care about Far Cry
>>
>>339743479
Ubisoft has no talent left since Ancle left them 2 years ago.
Everybody working there can easily replaced and the sad thing is that those new people will make better games than the monkeys that currently work at ubisoft.
>>
>>339754004
>There is always a minority which leads the majority.

Looking through history as we know it, it has always been this way. It turns bad when the ruling elite become too heavy-handed, however. That's when you get revolutions, but things always revert back to business as usual.
>>
>>339754868
Vivaldi is buying crytek too?
>>
>>339752830
>What we called fiction

No, "they" called it fiction to throw you off.
>>
>>339754721
>fucked up a once amazing and beloved franchise that was his creation
>fucked over Patrice's relation with this newborn daughter
>fucked over his NEW creation that had nothing to do with Ubishit in the first place
>his design is used in EVERY SINGLE AAA ubi game and they cash in on that

Yeah, fuck them. Seriously.
>>
>>339751189
Yep. And I'm a pretty big advocate for a free market, only for the sake of being able to set up your own businesses and such. The way things are going, soon 2-3 corpoerations will own anything and it will be impossible to set up your own private business.
>>
>>339754941
dude
>>
They already raped 90% of their IPs, but it sucks that they'll get even worse somehow.
>>
>>339754843
So what would be the purpose of all this other than just selling it to companies to advertise shit?
>>
>>339744118
> Sierra
> Blizzard made its good games under Vivendi after that Blizzard went to shit
> Activision made good games under Vivendi after that Activision went to shit and literally all they do is recycle the same old game every year
> Made Crash Bandicoot
Well we can definetly say they are better than any of the big western AAA publisher
>>
>>339755125
weed
>>
>>339755385
lmao
>>
>>339755372
That was a time where Vivendi had a different chairman.

Bolloré is at the helm now. That guy is a different story. Hint: not good.

He's a fucking vulture, a ruthless business man that knows how to kill.
>>
>>339754586
Too late. I already bought almost every Final Fantasy game on Steam.
>>
>>339755060

There hasn't been a free market for the better part of a century. What people call "free-market" is a tightly regulated market via national, transnational, and international regulations and treaties that are strongly in favor of those that already are owners of capital.
>>
Oh no Ubisoft and their generic AAA dogshit may stop being spewed out each year like so much runny diarrhea.

Whatever will the gaming industry do.
>>
>>339755740
You stupid nigger it's gonna get even WORSE. That's the point.
>>
>>339752129
It's one of those things that shock you to the core when you first realize and internalize them. The entire worldview you've been taught since childhood is suddenly shattered. And it's not like it's a new development or anything. Almost every society in history had been controlled by a small group of rich elite. The only real difference is the scale and the way it's all been cleverly hidden now behind all sorts of republican institutions and democratic rhetoric (which only makes it all the more shocking when you find out the truth).
There's nothing any of us can do. We NEETs and socially maladjusted autists are less than nothing in the grand scheme of things. Best to just not think about it too hard, live what life you've been given and maybe vote for the neo-nazi party in the next election out of spite.
>>
>>339755829
How can ir get worse if i don't play or care about any of the games anyway?
>>
>>339754721
>>339755031
>>fucked over Patrice's relation with this newborn daughter

Wait what
>>
>>339755320
>using it for advertisement

Fucking hilarious.

They use these networks to identify enemies of the state. Who are enemies of the state?

Those who upset the status quo.

Who upsets the status quo?

When you think of what status quo means, the idea of "rich vs lower class" comes to mind, but really, it's about control.

"The first theory of the media—and of institutions more generally—is the
public interest (Pigouvian) theory, in which governments maximize the welfare
of consumers. Government ownership of the media, perhaps even as a
monopoly, is then desirable for three reasons. First, information is a public good—once it is supplied to some consumers, it is costly to keep it away
from others, even if they have not paid for it. Second, the provision, as well
as dissemination, of information is subject to strong increasing returns: there
are significant fixed costs of organizing information gathering and distribution
facilities, but once these costs are incurred, the marginal costs of making the
information available are relatively low. Third, if consumers are ignorant,
and especially if private media outlets serve the governing classes, then state
media ownership can expose the public to less biased, more complete, and
more accurate information than it could obtain with private ownership.2 All
these arguments were adduced by the management of the newly formed
British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) in support of maintaining a publicly
subsidized monopoly on radio and television in Britain,3 and subsequently
repeated in many developing countries"
>>
>>339755909
I think many people are aware of this, but they dont want to think about it and live better with the knowledge ignored, and quite honestly i understand them.
Corporations having so much control as they do is terrifying
>>
>>339756003
Patrice wanted to make a trilogy. The ending of AC2 is an obvious build-up towards a completely different AC3, not anything like what we got.

After AC2 Ubisoft saw the cashcow and turned it into an annual franchise. That also meant fucking up already finished lore and story elements of course, to keep it going. Desilets didn't want to do that to his series.

But because of his contract, he couldn't leave immediately. He had to work for 6 further months, so they forced him to make Brotherhood (which, like I said, wasn't even supposed to happen). At that time when Brotherhood was being developed, Patrice's second daughter was born, but he could barely if at all do stuff with his family. He mourns that time and feels like there was disconnection to her.

It's all in a gameinformer coverage about his life, you can read it.
>>
>>339756050
That doesn't answer my question
>>
File: 1448258689876.gif (138 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448258689876.gif
138 KB, 500x500
>>339743479
What IPs that are worth shit does Ubisoft hold?
From the top of my head I can only think of Rayman and Splinter Cell (though they kind of killed it, didn't they?).
>>
File: 1463472990636.jpg (68 KB, 600x560) Image search: [Google]
1463472990636.jpg
68 KB, 600x560
>EA will never answer to all the crimes they have commited in vidya and die
>>
>>339753851
I was mentioning mostly past events, like, Blizzard being bought over a decade ago.Although I didn't knew about gameloft or ubisoft nor about the Actibliz split until i saw this post >>339745565

>>339754219
No, fuck you mate.

>>339755372
What about Sierra?They ruined Sierra, it became just a publishing label for Vivendi.all of their IPs were killed off.

>>339755569
But also the climate in gaming has changed, gaming became big, serious business around the mid 2000's.A cold, corporate, multi-billion dollar industry.Kotick was in Activision for decades but he became vidya's bad guy just recently.
>>
File: 1462994445772.png (656 KB, 569x629) Image search: [Google]
1462994445772.png
656 KB, 569x629
>>339745946
This.

Vivendi is pretty fucking cancer. The very definition of a soul-less corporation that seeks to make money regardless of effort/passion.

In terms of gaming. All you really need to watch out for is

>EA (Obviously)
>Vivendi
>Activison
>TENCENT (League of Legends, Ripping/Stealing games, etc)

Anyone got anything else to add?
>>
>>339756193
Oh, everyone is "aware" of this. I was referring to watching docs or reading books that really lay down the details of how all those "interest groups" and "roundtable discussions" and "industry lobbyists" work, seeing how corporate drafts get converted to law almost word-for-word. And it's not like there's some evil conspiracy behind it all or that the CEOs are all mustache-twirling villains, it's just the sheer realization that no, you are not in control, at least not really.
>>
>>339749943
I dont remember what the fuck they released beside CoD the past years. the last game i can think of wortwhile was Singularity.
>>
>>339756408
They don't sell the information they collect.

They use these companies to gain the trust of citizens so that they can avoid the rights guaranteed by things such as constitutions and bills of rights to steal private information so that they will always be able to find you if you ever become a threat.

This is just an every-day normal thing for the NSA and the CIA.
>>
>>339756614
>The very definition of a soul-less corporation that seeks to make money regardless of effort/passion.
Sounds like Ubisoft to me.
>>
>>339756814
>Sounds like Ubisoft to me.
Ubi clearly has some devs that still have love for making games. You can see it in a few of their released games recently.
>>
>>339756614
liege of ogre was pretty fun
>>
File: 1417834844929.gif (4 MB, 300x260) Image search: [Google]
1417834844929.gif
4 MB, 300x260
>>339743479
>Ubisoft will die with Vivendi

good if they hadn't fucked up R6 and the division they would've made enough money to buy themselves out like Acti/blizz

BUT NOPE HAHA let's have a shit tier anti cheat system and take forever to address balances that needed to be make in both games

fuck them they deserve this
>>
>>339756419
Are you fucking stupid? All the Tom Clancy titles, Assassins Fucking Creed (with a movie around the corner), the Dance titles that shit out tons of money, Far Cry and other legacy series such as PoP and Rayman.

Oh, you meant like in creative IP's? No body gives a shit about that autist though their "indie" studios make some good shit mang.
>>
>>339756941
They made mad dosh with The Division though.
>>
>>339756614
Nah, Activision/Blizzard are nowhere near evil. They just like rehashing shit. It's not their fault consumers like getting railed.

Buying studios/IP's and shutting them down is the crime here.
>>
>>339756896
Besides Siege(which is ruined on pc by shitty cheaters because the anti cheat litterally doesnt do shit) they havent released a good game since AC2
>>
>>339756727
So they only fuck you if you're actually a threat?
>>
>>339757148
Well I liked Black Flag and Far Cry 3/4.
Oher than that yeah their games are pretty shitty and forgettable.
>>
>look up Bilderberg Group
I've seen the image plenty of times, but never looked into it more. I wish I didn't, this is horrifying. The Wiki article just calls it conspiracy theories, so even that is in their control.
>>
>>339757252
black flag should have just been a pirate game. literally the only good part about it.

Also wasn't watch dogs supposed to be an assassin's creed game? I remember readins something about that and that little story arc at the end of I think 1, where the templars attempt to rescue you was going to actually fucking lead somewhere.

I haven't kept up with the games though
>>
>>339757252
You forgot Ubi's best recent games: Rayman Origins/Legends.
Also I still want Beyond Good and Evil 2.
>>
>>339757474
No, Watch Dogs was supposed to be a fucking Driver game at first. The hacking stuff and all came later.
>>
>>339757393
Do you think Notch is invited?
>>
>>339748703
>Some mistakes
>Far Cry milked to faggotry
>Watch Doge bullshot
>FUCKING UPLAY ON TOP OF DRM ALWAYS ONLINE DRM WILL WORK GUYS
>Raping the ghost of Tom Clancy to release mediocre garbage
>Not the cancer killing video games

Please fuck off.
>>
>>339743479
Good. I hope they collapse. Fuck this publisher with a rusty aids infested rake.
>>
>>339752705
>New talent would mean we don't get assassin's creed rehashed with new themes every year.

No.

The dev teams aren't the ones that decide to make these games, Ubisofts corporate leads do. The devs are just forced to do this shit.
>>
>>339757691
That's even weirder
>>
>>339757790
>People this nearsighted.
You know CDPR is also publicly traded?
If you hate Ubisoft right now they're going to become even worse after the take over and this will happen to every dev and publisher over time.
The fuck this fuck that mentality only makes you look like a child.
>>
>>339757242
You could think that.

There's far more that you could think if you go deeper into conspiracy theories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_Light_%28CIA%29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_%28surveillance_program%29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dropmire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgewood_Arsenal_human_experiments
>>
>>339756614
>vivendi is fucking cancer
No fucker, Valve and Blizzard had their golden age under Vivendi. Now all Valve do is milk f2p microtransactions and Blizzard is too busy making terrible terrible flash card microtransaction games and shitty TF2/ Dota Clones so they can me too Valve.
Jesus fuck
>>
>>339758121
Vivendi had a different guy at the top back then, the current one is the devil himself.
>>
>Working at gameloft
>France HQ get BTFO
Thanks fukin god. Hope Vivendi will be more compitent.
>>
File: 255.png (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
255.png
18 KB, 400x400
oh no, not ubisoft.
>>
>>339758283
>It's because of one guy meme
No
>>
>>339758326
Yeah, it's always good when a corporation gets more powerful.
>>
>>339750192

Just wait until you see the new weekly songs after Vivendi takes over.

>Shit song by Literally Who
>$9.99
>>
>>339758642
Or
>Vivendi an actually rich fucking company with nearly limitless resources buys the beatles and rolling stones rights

Vivendi over saw the golden age of PC gaming. Please stop this Vivendi is bad meme.
>>
>>339758832
>Vivendi over saw the golden age of PC gaming

While not having Vincent Bolloré as CEO
>>
>>339758952
>CEO makes development decisions
bad meming
>>
>>339752396
'jews' are a meme

congratulations, you played yourself
>>
>>339759123

Funny how nearly all development coming from Vivendi subsidiaries suddenly went to shit within 6 months of him becoming CEO.
>>
>>339758952
>Vincent Bollore
He's literally too high up to even give a shit about video games. He's too busy acquiring Ubisoft, not running it fucktard.
>>
>>339759123
>>CEO makes development decisions
The CEO of MS is the one who decided that clicking on the X to close out of the "UPDATE TO WINDOZE 10 NOW LOL" prompt meant you accepted the update
>>
>>339759239
>>339759123

What's with the Bolloré shills on /v/?
>>
>>339749782
>http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-takeover-fears-deepen-as-vivendi-closes-in/1100-6440404/
And how do they fix it according to you anon? Make it like Chaos Theory? GTFO
>>
>>339759308
It's Bolloré himself, don't you see?
Fuck you Bolloré.
>>
>>339756896
That's the problem.They are a shitty company that has almost a monopoly in France, of course that many of the best French game makers work for them, a company that fucking despises them.I wonder how many gallons of executive cum were swallowed for the previous 2 Rayman games and the upcoming BGE.
Vivendi, Ubisoft and the former Infogrames ruined gaming in France, they have devoured everything that was good there, not that it had a lot of good stuff but still, they turned it to shit

>>339758121
Valve was always a private company, Sierra just distributed their early titles baka.
>>
Does Ubisoft possess a single worthwhile ip?
>>
>>339759184
>went to shit
No, they went to shit the moment they bought themselves out and started running 'wild' or being so risk averse they keep shitting out the same garbage because they're terrified of having a flop.

>>339759276
CEO of microsoft is an engineer pajeet.
This man has no technical expertise whatsoever, he's literally fully corporate and is not the CEO of a gaming division that's literally in California.

>>339759308
>Bollore shills
Meanwhile at Activision... OH RIGHT SATAN HIMSELF IS STILL THERE BUT THAT'S OKAY. BOO CORPORATIONS ARE EVUUUL
>>
>>339759507
>Sierra just distributed
Sierra was the publisher of Valve games. Valve started out as a studio not a publisher. They actually had to listen to Sierra who fronted them money to make the game in the first place.
>>
>>339748703
Let's see...

AssCreed Revelations
AssCreed 3
The abomination that is AssCreed 4
AssCreed Unity
AssCreed Syndicate
FarCry 4
FarCry Primal
The entirety of Uplay alone
The Division being utter shit
Ubisoft has done nothing good since fucking Brotherhood, nigga
They only deserve to be crucified
>>
>>339759646
It doesn't take an engineer to say "FORCE THIS SHIT DOWN EVERYONE's THOATS THEY CANT SAY NO"
>>
>>339744118
Vivendi is the epitome of comically evil mega corporation. They have their hands in absolutely everything and are not consumer friendly. In fact, I think they only want Ubisoft to get control of the Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy brands. Once they get those, I think they might actually just dismantle Ubisoft completely.
>>
>>339759646
Not one of these guys but you seem to know your shit, let's say Vivendi acquires them what would change at Ubisoft really?
>>
>>339759853
kawaii Rayman and Child of Light ;_;
>>
>be Ubisoft
>try to force people into using your shitty, shoddy ubishit uplay DRM
>milk ASSCREED by releasing 3 of them a year, every asscreed game having a fucking labyrinthine tangle of DLCs depending on which store you bought it from, which edition you bought, etc
>be dirty Frenchmen

now if only EA's contracts with MADDEN would finally expire so that greedy shitbag publisher would die--MADDEN being the one and only game that's actually profitable for them, since they mismanage everything else so grossly
>>
>>339759918
>Once they get those, I think they might actually just dismantle Ubisoft completely.
mite b cool
>>
>>339758048
they are fucking incompetent.
They host devs that create and churn out same shit over and over. They suppress creative freedom in favor of profits.

Eat shit.
>>
>>339759904
>Implying this is a bad thing
Windows 10 is the future, norme dumb dumbs just don't know it yet.
Also it's an opt in. Basically people have already opted in for a free upgrade. They're just being cunts who want to wait and see until W10 gets 'the internet seal of approval'
It literally doesn't happen to anyone who hasn't opted in for a w10 upgrade.
>>
File: I87BDsY.png (973 KB, 1283x723) Image search: [Google]
I87BDsY.png
973 KB, 1283x723
>>339758832
>>339758642
Most probably niche as fuck franchise gets canned before it ever supports keyboards or drums.
>>
>>339753251
if there is only good games released, how would you know that they are not shit?
>>
>>339760158
>Also it's an opt in. Basically people have already opted in for a free upgrade.
No. For people who just have their Windows set to "recommended updates" it is not opt in anymore. It just automatically throws them on 10 even though they expect it to just keep updating 8 or 7
>>
>>339759998
Those were shit too
>>
>>339759918
Yeah that's so much worse than how ubisoft are currently raping those franchises right?

This is an ubisoft employee PR campaign. They're scared as fuck that their lazy asses are getting fired..
>>
>>339760012
>now if only EA's contracts with MADDEN would finally expire

Not going happen
You forgot Fifa.
That shit prints money everywhere, retards buy a new console just to play fifa.
>>
File: 1442381227984.png (227 KB, 383x363) Image search: [Google]
1442381227984.png
227 KB, 383x363
>>339760315
>>
>>339760189
Ubisoft was only interested in the first place because they could do microtransactions.
>>
>>339760189
What IS that square thing?
>>
>>339743479
I just want them to finish Ghost Recon: Wildlands and then they have my permission to die.
>>
>>339760314
>It is not Opt in anymore
Yes it is, and always was. The people complaining are literally opt-in faggets who refuse to update.
>>
>>339746393
>Valve won $2,391,932.
That's peanuts compared to Vivendi's assets.
>>
>>339760628
How do you opt out beyond refusing to update? ;)
>>
>>339760565
It's a chromatic tuner/digital metronome
>>
File: metronome.jpg (140 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
metronome.jpg
140 KB, 1200x1200
>>339760565
A metronome, I only buy gear thats been featured in anime.
>>
Can Ubisoft even fight back at this point? Vivendi just does whatever the fuck they want. If they want something, they'll get it.
>>
>>339760324
You misunderstand. They have no interest in making games. They just want those brands for merchandising purposes. I'm sure they'd have someone crank out mobile shit using those, but that's it.
>>
>>339760751
>How do you opt out?
By not signing up for the upgrade in the first place. I know this because I actually work in an office that's using Win 7 for sensitive software and haven't got an update notification from windows beyond the SIGN UP TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 garbage.
>>
>>339760769
>>339760843
Huh.
>>
>>339749749
Kotick was pissed Blizzard went to Legendary studios to make the Warcraft movie. And what do you know, he was right to be mad because it's complete shit.
>>
>>339761039
Seeing how Kotick actually starred as a side character in a hollywood movie, he would have better business sense than going to Legendary Studios.
>>
>>339760926
Businesses work differently because sysadmins there use group policy to either override the updates or accept them in a manner exactly in line with their business' needs. Without the need for every use to deal with the upgrade process or the process to decline the updates themselves unless it's before the sysadmin sets the group policy
>>
>>339761039
>Blizzard is so much better after Vivendi guys
No, their last good game was Frozen Throne.
>>
I care so little about Ubisoft, this means absolutely noting to me. I like that engine they used for Rayman and Child Of Light. The neat, cartoony one. That's about it.
>>
>>339761201
Nintendo's last good game was Super Mario Galaxy.
It's hard to keep shitting gold after you've shit the goldiest gold of them all.
>>
>>339760878
Not unless people backing Guillemot buy up enough shares to supercede Vivendi's claim. This is why you should always hold onto 51% of the shares for your company, don't know why he didn't.
>>
>>339761335
maybe he needed more money? Who the fuck knows. But it's still his fault
>>
oh gosh, what'll happen to Ghost Recon Wildlands!
>>
>>339751329
Oh yeah I remember that whined about how it is unfair how Nintendo's 1st party games do better when everything released was either delayed or riddled with bugs and glitches and had less content than other platforms.
>>
File: 1354739789383.jpg (80 KB, 350x335) Image search: [Google]
1354739789383.jpg
80 KB, 350x335
>Ubisoft

and nothing of value was lost
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.