[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it a artificial difficulty or just bad game design?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1453824899447.png (28 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
1453824899447.png
28 KB, 256x224
Was it a artificial difficulty or just bad game design?
>>
>>339729080
i was actually stuck at this part
>>
>>339729080
It isn't any sort of difficulty, your screenshot tells you exactly what to do.
It's odd design to be sure, putting fighting game inputs into an RPG, but I wouldn't say bad, again the game tells you exactly what to do (all the blitz inputs are listed in the menu) and if you fuck it up it's on you.
>>
>>339729228
Same, I remember playing it over 8 years ago and being stuck here
>>
>>339729080
Honestly I quite like the blitz mechanic (and this is coming from someone who thinks ffvi has pretty poor gameplay). It felt like you had a better influence on the impact of the attack when they all required different inputs but if I was being lazy I could just attack normally. It worked because he was the only one with it, would be lame if all were like that. On the other hand I think something like cyan's bushido is a complete failure and it is just boring.
>>
>>339729080
FF VI battles seem much slower than I remember them.
Was thinking of replaying it after so many years but I'm really thinking of just emulating it on PC and use speed up function.
Wanted to emulate on PSP but I don't know anymore.
>>
I was horrible at his moves. I always had a difficult time figuring out the timing. Some visual cues would have been appreciated.
>>
>>339730362
The animations just take forever (and some like the summons always did but everything really feels like it does in VI) and this is a trend that continued, VII has the most painfully long animations.

Real talk though the tower of cultists in vi is one of the most unpleasent gaming experiences i've ever had.
>>
>>339730554
there is no timing you just put them in normally it's pretty easy after a few tries only confusion is what something like Up and Left is, but you can just press up and it will work.
>>
No, it was pretty easy to do if you could read.
>>
>>339730774
No, it wasn't because they never said you WHEN to input them
And after you fail 2-3 times it's instant death and try again from the start
>>
File: sabin.gif (199 KB, 700x687) Image search: [Google]
sabin.gif
199 KB, 700x687
>>339729080
>>339729228
>>339729678
This tripped me up the first time i played it when it came out but i immediately got it the next attempt i put into the fight. Its no surprise that it would give modern audiences problems to the point that would make them quit though.
>>
>>339729080
>doing this on a phone
Fuck life
>>
>>339731080
Yes it does, after you choose Blitz.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.