[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Trends you see starting to take place that grind your gears.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: letmetellyouabout.png (211 KB, 286x272) Image search: [Google]
letmetellyouabout.png
211 KB, 286x272
ITT: Trends you see starting to take place that grind your gears.

>"Free DLC"
>It's cosmetic shit, incredibly small or something that ought to have been in the base game
>People praise the dev as consumer-friendly for releasing this "free content"
>>
>>339714286
every game now has "RPG elements"

I fucking hate RPGs, I always have. I don't want RPG mechanics tainting otherwise good genres of gameplay.
>>
>>339714286
>you see starting to take place
>rambles about the DLC phenomenon present since after ps2 era
>>
>>339714286
>complaining about extra content that's free
You can't be this retarded. Even if you say "should've been in the base game," guess what? It wasn't. But now it is. For free. It's the same as releasing content in a patch.
Name one negative side to free DLC.
>>
>>339714419
>Every game has RPG elements
>Except RPGs
Looking at you, Todd
>>
>>339714419
Tbh most """rpgs""" would be ten times better if they were just action games with no stats
>>
>crafting

FUCK, I don't wanna build shit. I just wanna play the game.
>>
>getting angry because the developers decide to throw an extra skin or weapon or something for free to the buyers

Autism
>>
>>339714709
>Cut content from game
>Put it back in later in a patch
>Consumers love you to bits
>Bad devs make more money

Free stuff is nice, but why should they get praise for something which is obviously just to counteract against their awful reputation with minimal loss or effort?
>>
>>339714790
THANK you

RPG gameplay was developed at a time and for a medium (a table-top board game) where real-time combat would have been impossible to execute

That's no longer the case. Why are we using numbers going up as enemies die to SIMULATE the idea of "getting better with practice" when we can develop real-time combat systems where the player ACTUALLY gets better with practice?
>>
>>339715097
>cut content
>content is never restored
>game has missing content
>retards like you don't want developers to restore content to their game after the fact
how can you even get this jaded
>>
>>339714286
total war fans.is.the most cucked fans right now
>>
>>339716731
I'd really just rather them keep the content in, and when they release it as "free dlc" I'm happy but also a little concerned that suddenly they're the messiahs of gaming completely free of jew tactics and fuckery despite being rife with it prior this amazing, totally generous and incredible gesture.

>>339716885
good example.
>>
>no single player mode

Fucking Overwatch. Great worldbuilding but all we get is FPS assfaggots.
>>
>>339714286
>nothing but DLC
seriously fuck evolve two season passes and $100+ in skins. fuck you
>>
>>339717285
>skins

I don't care about charging for cosmetic stuff that has no affect on gameplay. Ideally, no micro-transactions but whatever, man.
>>
>>339717382
It wouldn't be so bad. but the skins are terrible if they were good maybe It would be worth something
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.