[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You think he'll strike gold again and blow us the fuck away
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: Hidetaka_Miyazaki_-_01.jpg (156 KB, 1251x704) Image search: [Google]
Hidetaka_Miyazaki_-_01.jpg
156 KB, 1251x704
You think he'll strike gold again and blow us the fuck away with his new IP like he did with the Souls games? He's making a non-Souls-like for his next project.
>>
Sauce me up bitch nigga
>>
>>339704489
Anything's possible
>>
Just because it's not a "Dark Souls game" doesn't mean it's not a Souls-like.
>>
File: new ip.png (57 KB, 625x336) Image search: [Google]
new ip.png
57 KB, 625x336
>>339704524
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-dev-already-working-on-new-ip-not-keen-/1100-6439256/
>>
File: Sheeanaandworm.jpg (19 KB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
Sheeanaandworm.jpg
19 KB, 438x363
DUNE SOULS
>>
>>339704705
It's not going to be a Souls-like.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-interview-it-wouldnt-be-right-to-cont/1100-6432425/
>>
>>339704489
I hope it's not a souls like game at all
People will hate it anyway if it's not souls like, but i just want something else for a change instead of [insert setting] [insert souls combat]
>>
>>339704825
>>339705058
Soulswatch
>>
>>339704489
If it's mecha shit, it will be trash.
>>
I want an Armored Core game that doesn't suck. There doesn't even have to be more games after it. I just don't want the franchise to end on the note of V/Verdict Day. It deserves better than that garbage.
>>
Kojima 2.0 is a mixed bag, who knows what will happen next.

I think the biggest problem with From is they don't seem to learn from the positive changes they make in their games. Like why back peddle on the Estus system for BB and go back to farming DeS style?
>>
>>339705136
Ruski game journos say they got a chance to ask him at a DS3 press event if the next From game is gonna be sci-fi, and he didn't give a direct answer to that question trying to avoid it.
>>
After Bloodborne I sort of want to see them try their hands at a proper character action game like DMC and Ninja Gaiden.

Then again maybe that was thanks to Japan Studios and they'll just make another Ninja Blade.

Haha, Ninja Blade.
>>
>>339705186
Miyazaki is not Kojima. Miyazaki actually wants t make games rather than movies.
>>
File: 1462998118977.jpg (277 KB, 870x790) Image search: [Google]
1462998118977.jpg
277 KB, 870x790
>>339704972
>mfw imagining Dune mixed with Blame! soulslike
>>
>>339705294
>After Bloodborne I sort of want to see them try their hands at a proper character action game like DMC and Ninja Gaiden.
I would love to see that, but From can't into frame rates. Miyazaki especially doesn't give a fuck about frame rates.

Whatever they do, I hope they don't make some shitty turn-based RPG or some shit like that. I fucking hate that shit. I hope they remain gameplay based and Miyazaki makes something phenomenal again.
>>
>>339704489
I think that regardless of his success with the souls genre, they will create another niche IP that has potential.

I wouldn't expect the first game to be polished and primed like late-era souls games, look where they came from in order to make such improvements.

The fact is, miyazaki has the creative integrity to make shit that he likes, as opposed to shitting out something corporate wants.

Having someone like him lead small ventures is often what makes them successful in the first place. FROM is not a mega-conglomerate like Sony, so his weight isn't countered by corporate bullshit.

TL;DR
he's the named critical man for FROM's projects, of course he's going to try to make cool stuff. I hope he does, because I like his previous work. DISCLAIMER: My entire post is just an opinion.
>>
>>339705307
>Miyazaki relies on visual story telling and item description to get his narrative across
>still ends up with a more coherent plot than Kojimia.
>>
>>339705307
>>339705870

i find it very difficult to compare miyazaki and kojima because they have such different styles of directing.

I feel like if kojima would just tone the prententiousness down just a little, he could make some very good action games.

I loved the MGS series, but MGSV as closure just seemed bitter.
>>
>>339706120
>I feel like if kojima would just tone the prententiousness down just a little, he could make some very good action games.

He already did that, it's called Metal Gear Solid 3: Sorry about MGS2.

Hideo Kojima is the Nicolas Winding Refn of video games
>>
>>339706356
>He already did that, it's called Metal Gear Solid 3: Sorry about MGS2.
You got it backwards.
>>
>>339706356
is right, 3 tones it down, thats why its my favorite in the series
>>339706472
2 is good, but it assumes too much. fucking 3 is just story time on top of combat.
>>
>>339706356
Kojima makes action flicks full of bad speeches that shove the major themes down your throat. He couldn't be more different from NWR creatively.
>>
>>339704489
I hope there will be is no more souls games made by him. You should quit while the going is good.
>>
>>339704489
He should just make the fucking Berserk game.
>>
>>339707148
I think he has the same opinion. It wasn't his choice to continue DS with 2. Then he kind of had to make 3 because 2 was a terrible place to end the series.
>>
>>339707345
Yeah I just read the article and he is so based.

I want a totally new ip and a new AC
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 423x264) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 423x264
>>339706120
Yeah me too because Kojima makes movies and Miyazaki makes games.
>>
But where the fuck are we going to get multiplayer D&D-like RPGs with action combat pvp that has the depth of a fighting game and difficult but fair pve content?

Hopefully someone takes this formula and does it in a more mmo-like way, and I don't mean like having 100s of players in every area but just a more sustainable game model where you have serverside saves, and they can continuously add new areas, update and balance the pvp, make difficult content designed for sunbro co-op with cool rewards aka basically raids, etc.

Dark Souls 3 is already getting boring because of stale pvp meta, lack of really interesting weapons/builds, and only a few areas being fun to co-op in.
>>
>>339706472
I think you fail to grasp just how fucking furious a lot of people were over MGS2.

The outcry over MGSV was fucking NOTHING by comparison. MGS2 was before Kojima was properly established as a fucking absolute madman and MGS1 was normie-approved as fuck. Back then MGS1 was just a cool cinematic military action game to most people. MGS2 was a huge tech jump and one of the most hyped sequels ever.

The bait and switch, meta commentary and postmodernism of MGS2 was too much for most people. People hated MGS2 and Raiden so much that MGS3 experienced way lower sales, people to this day think MGS2 ruined Metal Gear and made it retarded.
>>
>>339707559
fair.

If Kojima would get into the proper industry, this discussion wouldn't even be happening.

Why are we comparing Miyazaki and Kojima in the first place, the only thing they have in common is being from the same country
>>
>>339707646
>PVP fag

Fuck off.

Pvp is the most shit thing about dark souls.
>>
>>339707803
Kojima always wanted to be a film director. But he chose the wrong university course. Also I ain't the same anon you have been bashing butts with.

Miyazaki is the better game designer though. Kojima should make actual movies instead of trying to disguise them as a video game.
>>
>>339707813
But it's the only good thing about dark souls, the main reason to play the game. It's so good that you can basically play the game forever, like an mmo, just doing pvp. Or it would be, if only they would keep updating the games and adding new shit.
>>
>>339708047
Nope. I disagree wholeheartedly. Fuck off you little baby bitch tits.
>>
>>339708047
yeah your opinion is wrong. you should probably leave 4chan.
>>
probably fails 2 times and then we get dark souls 4
>>
>>339708047
Yeah, game companies should just make one game and then become a DLC company. Sounds like a fucking paradise.
>>
here's hoping it's a new Tenchu or an original horror game
>>
I'm actually really impressed by Miyazaki. He's really trying to not end up as a one idea man even if it means starting a new franchise with completely new mechanics that could end up being a failure.
>>
>>339704825
I FUCKING BET YOU THEY'RE WORKING ON DEEP DOWN
>>
>>339708546
Sounds like Rockstar right now desu.
>>
>>339709780
if only
Capcom's really scrambling after how fucking hard they've bungled EVERYTHING since 2010.
>>
>>339704825
PS4 exclusive?
>>
>>339707345

I give him credit for wanting to try something original, rather than go down the same old Franchise route (Final Fantasy, MGS, etc..)

I just hope he succedes
>>
>we will never get Bloodborne 2
>not even a second expansion
>>
Whatever it is, hopefully we'll see it at E3. I mean, DaS3 was revealed in the same year Bloodborne came out, so..
>>
3D DOT GAME HEROES 2
>>
>>339710316
This was a FromSoft joint?
>>
>>339704972
My nigger I wanted souls combat set in a Dune like universe for a while.

It even makes sense considering the fighting styles used.
>>
>>339710460
Yep, probably their best game so far
>>
>>339707646
What I really want is a "souls" game where you're not the hero, just some guy doing his own thing. Where you can build your cosy fortress and go collect shit. Then latter you invite your mates over and collectively fight off a horde of invaders.
>>
rerelease DaS1 but with full four player co-op.
or Bloodborne.
Or DaS2.

just want a pure fun Souls game to play with friends other than 3.
>>
>>339708047
Realize you are the minority in thinking this.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.