[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this game so meh? I had been waiting to play it since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (88 KB, 332x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg
88 KB, 332x330
Why is this game so meh? I had been waiting to play it since it released and now I finally got it and I just don't care. Just the thought of playing it is a chore. I'm on that place with the huge giants surrounded by water in the building.

I never forgot my first DaS1 playthrough. It made me feel like a 12 year old kid again playing through Ocarina of Time for the first time. DaS2 was disappointing and despite having hundreds of hours in DaS1, after playing DaS2 once I never touched it again. Bloodborne was a great fucking game and I like it as much as DaS1, but it still didn't give me that feel that DaS1's first playthrough gave me. Here we are with DaS3 and I just don't give a shit. Feels bad.

And yes I did play Demon's Souls and it was my first Souls game. The thing is I played it right back to back with DaS1, each for the very first time, so both combined felt like one giant awesome playthrough. I still thought DaS1 was way better than DeS though.
>>
>>339703815
Miyazaki brought in some people from b team to work on this since A team was
Mostly working on bloodborne and the dlc.

Lightning managed to strike twice.

>b team games
>ever

At least under miyazaki's guidance and the bloodborne engine, the game was mediocre instead of shit.
>>
>OP says:
>Why is this game so meh?
>tl;dr
What did OP mean by this?
>>
>>339703976
The world feels so big, empty and uninspired. DaS1 felt like a beautiful piece of art, so did Bloodborne. DaS3 just feels so rehashed and w/e. The Crystal Sage boss fight was really cool though.
>>
Where are you? Cathedral of the Deep? That's not very far into the game at all. I will agree DS1's world is much better but DS3 good too.
>>
>>339703815
Honestly, the bonfire warping just killed any sense of exploration and wonder. With no interconnected levels and having to constantly head back to the fire keeper to level, it feels like a tedious chore. Everything is so painfully linear in DaS3. Also combining with the fact NPC quest lines are so damn obscure, it feels like you're supposed to be reading from some shitty wiki instead of discovering everything yourself. It's my least favorite entry into the series.
>>
>>339705426
It's not as bad as DaS2 come on.
>>
>>339703815
Uninspired game made by people who were tired of making the same game over and over again but had a contract for three games.
>>
>>339703815
Also the fucking music in this game is just not there. It's mostly horrible. The music in the shrine is amazing, as is the title screen music, but everything else has been utterly forgettable.
>>
>>339705426
> interconnected level
Stop with this argument. DaS did have some, but not as much as you think. Everything after anor londo is linear and rushed. Only interconnected areas are a couple early.
>>
>>339706002
I wouldn't say it's mostly horrible. It still sounds good. I just wish they didn't use the same chanting type of song but with different variations in every boss fight.
>>
>>339703815
I thought it was better than 2. But at this point i just play it for pvp
>>
>>339706002
I disagree
>>
>>339705426
>>339706417
It's not about the interconnection, it's about NEVER having to travel more than half the length of a map to get anywhere at all.

DaS could leave you stuck in Ash Lake, the bottom of the world, and you'd know you're going to have to climb a long way upwards to get anywhere. You never get anything like that struggle in DaS3, even the poison lake is a quick wade here and there and you're away. It's nothing like having been stuck in Blight Town for an hour and not knowing when you'll see the sun again.
>>
>>339703815
There were plenty of good bosses but the game doesn't have enough areas for exploring. The dark Cemetery of Ash was a good idea though.
>>
>>339703815
Loved Bloodborne, bought DS3 on launch, still haven't played past the cathedral of the deep. I think I'm just burned out.
Instead I've been playing the DMC4 and VC remasters.
>>
>>339706002
I strongly disagree. Vordt's theme was a hint that Yuka Kitamura cared for the themes of the bosses. Unlike several BB's themes, all bosses themes are unique and can't be switched between each others, and the tracks of the DLC ripped in the game files already reinforce this statement.

>Call backs to Lothric's theme, Yhorm and Dragonslayer's armour
>Imply that there are strong ties between what we will see in the DLCs and these characters.

Just give the soundtrack a chance. Lothric, Pontiff, Dancer, Vordt, the first phase of Dragonslayer's armour, Gundyr have all excellent themes. Just because they didn't have BB's money for an entire orchestre doesn't make the soundtrack bad. And I honestly think that the composition is better.
>>
File: 1433323797289.jpg (960 KB, 2560x2880) Image search: [Google]
1433323797289.jpg
960 KB, 2560x2880
>>339706417
>Everything after anor londo is linear and rushed. Only interconnected areas are a couple early.

Everything after Anor Londo is a step down from the rest of the game.

>>339706916
This is a fair point too. I never really felt cornered or pressured at all while playing DaS3.

>>339705516
It's not as bad as DaS2 but it's still not great. DaS2 has infinitely more replayability though.
>>
>>339703815
>I finally got it and I just don't care. Just the thought of playing it is a chore.

I feel the same, although I enjoyed all souls games. I guess I just burned out. It's exhausting. I can't bare more than 2-3 hours of anything tho.
>>
>>339703815
We need a hub based à la DeS again. Honestly, being able to start and continue any zone you want right from the beginning is the best.

You don't like/are stuck in this area ? Just go to another one
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.