[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game dying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: league.png (102 KB, 439x209) Image search: [Google]
league.png
102 KB, 439x209
Is this game dying?
>>
Yes. Another question ?
>>
it wont die for a while riot is still using their "change for the sake of change" strat so it keeps people hooked
>>
File: Narendra_Modi_Reuters11.jpg (22 KB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
Narendra_Modi_Reuters11.jpg
22 KB, 380x285
>tfw MOBAs die and RTSes become popular again
Please let this happen.
>>
File: 1358607544978.gif (568 KB, 240x291) Image search: [Google]
1358607544978.gif
568 KB, 240x291
Yes, if you go to the syb reddit for it there is a post on the front page that is highly upboated about people quitting

Here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/4m1b0t/with_the_recent_announcements_about_soloq_and_all/

And then there's more about how people are pissed:
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/4m3vtq/autofill_is_here_its_terrible/
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/4m4ya1/hauntzer_just_got_support_after_spending_3/
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/4m5q6v/so_autofill_lying_backtracking_dynamic_queue_etc/

I think they're pretty fucked at this point

>inb4 lebbit
>>
>>339696995
You have to go back.
>>
>>339696995
That must mean something, reddit usually sucks riot dick, hope people stop giving money to those chinese dick suckers
>>
>>339696995
Yeah, this happens in waves every couple years, but it's pretty objectively true that Riot is making decisions a majority of people dislike. It's pretty insane that even pros are quitting queue until things change.
>>
>>339695626
No, it's not Overwatch
>>
DOTA 2 is slowly becoming the only game anyone ever plays.
>>
>>339697116
That is exactly why I posted it, normally this shit would never be on the top there. They're in pretty deep shit, even a pro player is quitting now:
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/4m60li/doublelift_quits_ranked_until_riot_fixes_its/
>>
What's your excuse for not quitting the game after season 1? That's when the game turned into absolute shit
>>
>>339695626
the game's been fucked since they brought Ghostcrawler on, everything he touches turns to shit
>>
>>339697347
Mid season 2 was where i stopped, i just wanna dick around with FoN Mundo again
>>
>>339697347
friends

After S1 there were still some fun moments. It's been a while but I believe that the innervating locket shit was during S2. Which was hilarious.
>>
File: 1459449697326.jpg (204 KB, 1155x1328) Image search: [Google]
1459449697326.jpg
204 KB, 1155x1328
>>339698372

innervating locket was season 1 dude, Udyr used to be fun as shit

I just want singed with 5 rods of ages + force of nature again

GIVE ME THE OLD FIORA BACK
>>
>>339699173

udyr was fun last few patches before they nerfed the shit out of him again. Since you know, can't have retards getting assblasted over someone pushing down a lane.
>>
>There are people defending this new queue system
Feels good to be a dota fanshit desu fampai
>>
>>339699173
I always liked gragas with innnervating locket. Nothing was more fun than running with 5 hp and then after a 2 minute chase be full HP and turn around to fuck them up. Or diving a fiddlesticks with drain because you could out-regen a tower and fiddlesticks
>>
>>339699271

As a fiora main I quit the game at the rework

Played 10 games of the new fio, gave up on the game entirely
>>
Too big to die.
>>
>>339695626

yes. riot got really lucky with its popularity and they arent master jews like valve

most people are switching to cs:go/dota/blizzshit
>>
>>339696907

RTS games have such a massive learning curve, at least mechanically, that they will never become popular in todays world.

gaming has been so casualized in the last 10 years or so that dota is probably the most hardcore multiplayer game that isnt completely fucking ded
>>
>>339699413
you're pathetic

>hurrr waaaah gooo gooo gaa gaa!! Someone give me an OP champ again!!

>tfw I'll never play such an OP as shit champion, why nerf risoto? U retardedted?

Kys Urself
>>
I hope Riot never creates a game again. I hope all the developers are rich as fuck and don't care anymore about anything. I hope Riot wont create a shitty, retarded, bad balanced, awful made and tought game ever again.
>>
Oh get gud you fucking shitters.
>>
>>339695626
Game has been pure cancer ever since they started nerfing ALL CHAMPIONS to appeal to the average retard.

I mean, sure, it earned them a shitload of fans.

But I want global ulties back...
>>
I feel like it's dying.

Game balance issues aside, the fucking dynamic queue thing has been a fucking nightmare.

>Riot we want solo queue
>"if we put out solo queue it would fuck up the dynamic queue system since most players won't play it. We will add solo queue in a couple of weeks. Oh and we're removing ranked 5s as well ;)"
>Months pass... "oh yeah we're not releasing solo queue"

wtf were they thinking? I hate dynamic queue especially when there's 3 people (jungle + 2 others) on comms and just shitting on a particular lane.

I used to play ranked 5s with my friends who were lower elo than me and it was fun as shit to have a team and trying to climb. Now I can't play ranked with them because their rank is much lower.

Don't get me started on the new champions with fucking overloaded kits.
>>
>>339699996
Nah, YOU should get gud, my dear Bronze 5 retard who defends his game because doesn't know a shit about it. Get gud faggot and talk again when you're at least Platinum V. And heck, you don't even need an high rank to understand how shitty is LoL, but your "get gud" makes me think that you're a silver/goldy faggot who thinks he knows everything about the game but he doesn't understand he's literal shit. League of Legends fucking sucks and you can't defend it in any way. Now change game and enjoy yourself after years of shitty playing.
>>
mobas should die. not because I think they're cancer- I don't- but because they're complicated and there isn't going to be a logical entry point for young kids. they're too arcane and it's not like kids play RTS:s these days.
>>
>>339695626

dying the same way WoW is

losing players but will be around for a long time, with the developers fucking it up harder and harder with every update
>>
>>339696225
How do I stop being a lazy piece of shit who lacks motivation to actually give a damn about something?
>>
File: m6FR5.gif (2 MB, 352x264) Image search: [Google]
m6FR5.gif
2 MB, 352x264
>>339695626
I hope so
>>
>>339699817
please put the rope around your neck you fucking retard
>>
>>339699817

>this is the kind of people who still play this farce of a game

wew lad
>>
>>339700409
Starting doing things instead of wondering if or when you should do them.
Next ?
>>
Riot is a retarded as fuck company that lucked out on their success
>>
>>339700517
>>339700469
wew lad, Fiora wasn't OP as fuck on launch?

Fiora didn't dominate every fucking matchup for months on end ?

Kys (Kill YourSelf) .

Actually,it wasn't a problem with her being too OP. The problem is that carebear Rioto nerfs the shit out of everything and ends up having the few champions who shine dominate the scene rather than having every fucking champ shine like in s0/s1.

TL/DR: Rito, Give me old AP YI, AP shaco, TF, Panth, Rammus, Nunu back plis.
>>
lol is alive and healthy, just older
>>
>>339701030
he wants old fiora back. old fiora was his main. he did not like new fiora. I was in the same boat
learn to read, then read instructions on how to tie a noose so you can put it around your neck
>>
>>339695626
Probably

I've returned to it after 4 years long "vacation" two weeks ago and it's now basically single meta-gameplay over single map with single strategy to pull things together. I can predict players actions even with such massive break, because there is no variables in the game other than pretty cosmetic (in the broad picture) differences of abilities.
On the other hand, I can enjoy myself, because players aren't exactly bots, so there is always human element in it

But game in general? Pretty much stagnant, which indicated dying slowly from the inside.
>>
>>339700952
water is wet and fire is hot
>>
>>339699441
Look at what happend to TF2
>>
>>339701385
KYS YOURSELF K?
>>
>>339699413
Don't even remind me. She was my main almost from her relese. The moment they've reworked her, I've realised there is absolutely no fun in playing her now. Mind you, it wasn't skills required to pull her through (she's even easier to play after rework), but it was simply not fun.
>>
Another thread by Dotards trying to force the
>Lol will die

maymay

Remember when they announced Dota 2 and popel already started saying LoL would be dead in the water?
Or when Valve introduced the custom maps?

And yet 1 million people play Dota 2 in peak times compared to 10 million LoL players
>>
You are all forgetting this game popularity in asia but thats why its one of the most popular game un the world
>>
File: 1464601208729.png (75 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1464601208729.png
75 KB, 323x323
>>339695626
>tfw LoL MMORPG
>>
>>339701690
isn't starcraft still the biggest game in asia?
>>
>>339701660
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
what happened to you to make you think that the best way to get validation in your pathetic life would be parading around on an anonymous image board trying to be acknowledged
you are a twat
>>
>>339701660
LoL is dead
Me and all my friends stopped playing it some of them where devoted diamondtards
>>
>>339701660

>oh no muh game is dying

this isnt some lol vs dota thread, youre just trying to turn it into one

riot are just fucking up their own shit
>>
>>339695626
I just spent 100$ on skins because fuck it i want it to survive
>>
i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one being unaffected by dynamic q here
>>
>>339701842

How can a game be dead when it has still the biggest active daily player count?
I dont understand
>>
>>339701947

not dead, D Y I N G. as in, losing players

i know you have to be retarded to tripfag on an anonymous malaysian basket weaving forum but jesus christ
>>
>>339701886
Could have waited for the random skin deals which are rolling out again this month. They're doing the snowdown shop type thing again for some reason
>>
>>339701607
>>339699413
Reverse Master Yi wasn't fun to play in the first fucking place, you just slammed her in top lane and hoped you didn't get countered so you could pick up your freelo. You people disgust me.
>>
>>339702016

but

>>339701842

Said
>LoL is dead

you retarded cockgurgling nigger

Also Lol always had ups and down in the last years
>>
>dying
what
pretty sure its still the most popular game on the planet by far
>>
>>339702116
>>339702072

if its so fucking popular why have they stopped reporting player numbers

blizzard did the same shit when WoW started losing subscribers after its peak at the end of wotlk
>>
>>339702116
It probably is dying but it' not going to die unless they do something really stupid or release LoL 2.

Wow and TF2 are in the same boat
>>
Dota is a superiro game in every aspect.
Prove me wrong.
> tfw quit lol after season 2 and started playing dota
never looked back.
>>
>>339702212
>if its so fucking popular why have they stopped reporting player numbers
they never did on a regular basis, the last report from 2014 came three years after the previous one

>>339702342
>It probably is dying
based on what exactly?
>>
I assume it reached the peak a while ago, I also haven't played in months. Pro games are really boring to watch, because in this game is so much based on teamwork and snowballing that there can almost be no hype and predictions are mostly true. The lower ranked pro teams look like complete clowns when playing against a higher ranked team.
And when playing myself, it's not working as casual game with friends without me tryharding and getting salty and playing for a better ranked position is exhausting over time.
>>
>>339702212

>Stopped reporting

This sounds like
>They did it every month and suddenly they STOPPED

In reality they delivered one number in 6 years
>>
>>339702410

most of my normie friends quit for other games and a lot of people on here are saying the same. i dont know a single person who still plays regularly

im sure 3rd worlders are still love that shit though

>>339702502

they often advertised with

x monthly/daily/whatever million players
>>
>>339702449
I also want to add that the whole core of the game is based on microtransactions with more champions coming into the game. The overall balance is better than in the past, but they force to change the meta by big patches because they feel like that. Change for the sake of change is bad for an multiplayer game, we saw that on wow. When something is good, you don't change that. That has been the way for counter strike, for broodwar, for warcraft3, but the free2play model forces them to come up with new stuff
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>339696995
Wtf? Am i reading this right? You can queue up for a game as a role in their forced meta? Comical

Why not, i don't know, let people have fun instead?
>>
Riot's just a cancerous company.

The whole "toxic" community of league of legends is largely because the fucking nature of the game is toxic. There are very few opportunities to make comebacks if your opponents don't have an extra chromosome and it makes it a chore to play.

Every game is 30+ minutes on average. Where the first 10-15 are "laning phase" which is literally killing the same mobs.

No different maps.
FoM champions.
Too many champs to ban out now, they haven't added more bans but they've added like 30 champions.
Took out a shitload of stuff and replaced it with more OP stuff.
Still have to buy Glyphs
Masteries are still a thing
Riot has no incentive to balance the game, because when a scrub kid gets crushed by whatever fotm champ he gets his credit card out.
Baby mentality and people who can't take a fucking joke end up banning big names who quit the game, people defend Riot.

Riot is probably the worst PC game company to ever exist.
>>
>>339702927
No, the exact opposite. The new addition is that the game throws you in a role you did not pick to make queue faster for the top ranked guys.
This is bad, because you end up playing something you are not as good with and lose against someone that mains this role.
"Having fun" sounds like, do whatever you want and let people play on a low skill level, it's just a game
>>
File: imgres (8).jpg (3 KB, 216x234) Image search: [Google]
imgres (8).jpg
3 KB, 216x234
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KunMZFZ0lcY
>>
>>339703385

true.

>have to play with 4 other people
>you cannot win the game completely single-handedly
>one person fucking up can completely lose the match
>forced to stay in game until the end
>expecting people to not want to murder each other by the time the match is over

thats just the nature of these games.
>>
>>339702067
I was jungling with her, nice to know better how I played...
>>
>>339695626
Yes even le reddit hates riot now
>>
>>339703569
Yeah, this sucks. I've been perma-support since in the past it was the only way to get a game in without a 10 minute queue time, and I'm only mediocre at every other role. I have like 1-2 champs I can play for mid/top/adc, but I certainly can't deal with someone who mains the role.
>>
File: 1441836867561.jpg (830 KB, 916x1280) Image search: [Google]
1441836867561.jpg
830 KB, 916x1280
>>339703930
Wrong post, meant to link to>>339703450
>>
>>339703569
At least dota lets you leave
>>
>>339703456
>No friends at Riot
I love how entitled Youtubers are. I fucking hate LoL but why do these cucks think they're entitled to have some relationship with the devs cause they got a million subs?
>>
>>339704080

well you get abandon, and if you get too many in a short period of time you go into low priority queue.

but at least you can leave without punishment if someone else just quits
>>
File: mmr.jpg (54 KB, 1637x649) Image search: [Google]
mmr.jpg
54 KB, 1637x649
>tfw getting your shit together and making it to gold within two weeks at the end of the season, then reaching gold again within one week during the current season and finally quitting
>>
>>339701690
gooks hate what riot is doing too
>>
>>339695626
>Implies to care whether game is dying or not
What did OP mean by this?
>>
>>339704080
And this is not a problem, letting people leave and fucking up the game for both teams?
Dota people always spout how much better it is than league, but I get more and more the impression that nobody really takes the game serious, does it even have a ranked ladder?
>>
>Like Playing Tryndamere because he feels like a badass warrior
>Game so obsessed with "Muh plays" champs that he's purposely not getting reworks so he stays a Melee ADC that fails in every role but pusher.
>>
>Add crafting system
>If you ever had even so much as a warning you get opted out of the crafting system for 3 MONTHS.
>>
>>339704093
I did post the vid to show that
i posted it to show that even the guys who make money out it acknowledge that is shit
nobody cares about the game anymore youtuber s are just milking it till they can and everyone know where it is going
>>
>riot beforehand had IP sales too
>Now only RP sales
>Price drops happen once every year.
>>
File: top.jpg (89 KB, 1052x252) Image search: [Google]
top.jpg
89 KB, 1052x252
>>339704437
He is really strong at what he is good at. Splitpushing 24/7, not being in a group fight like a tank. Pic related were my attempts at playing top and it's working well
>>
File: 1462659944269.png (44 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1462659944269.png
44 KB, 300x300
>Game that has a horrible soloing experience in an age where everyone doesn't want to interact with each other
>"Flexible" ranking system that made autists mad the second they descend from Diamond I to Silver V in one match
>Hyped dragon champ turns out to be total shit in early game making him not worth picking
>Ugly poo in the loo who wishes she was a Bollywood heroine
>Fuck up dragons
>Kindred and Lissandra being the last waifu champs to come out that look attractive in a 3-year period
List goes on
>>
>people for some reason comparing it to dota's playerbase
>people don't understand/know WC3 dota is still insanely popular with millions of players in asia, in fact, more players are still playing WC3 dota over dota 2
>>
File: 1464716031948.jpg (164 KB, 656x1024) Image search: [Google]
1464716031948.jpg
164 KB, 656x1024
>>339704724
>playing a heavily teambased multiplayer online game when you don't want to interact with other people
>>
I was so addicted to the game i decided i had to do something or my life would go be messed up, so i decided to quit it for 2 weeks and use the spare time to read books instead, and if i missed the game during this time i would go back to it but play only one or two matches per day, if i didn't miss it i promised to myself i'd delete it and quit forever
I completely forgot about the game, read 3 very interesting books, went out more, met some people and had fun, when i realized, one month had passed until i remembered about the game

Played one final match with my favorite character, LeBlanc, went 22/1 and quit for good

I had some fun with it during these years, had my share of rage and trolling too, many awesome matches, many more shitty matches, but it's too time consuming and stressing, there's qeue time, character ban/pick time AND game loading time, only to waste away one hour of your life playing a long, boring game that was decided before the 15 minute mark because you or your teammates got stomped.

it's a time sink, and one that will leave you bored/stressed most of the time, so, it's over for me
>>
>>339704897
That's what Yasuos, Ekkos and Nu-Master Yi's are for.
>>
>>339704687
oh Sure, he's a Splitpushing pain.

But the problem is Splitpushing is countered by people just winning teamfights.

So unless your entire team builds around expecting Trynd to be out of the fight, he's wasted.

And it's not like there are other amazing push tops.

Take Ilaori for example.

Grab Radiant glory, push for days.
>>
>>339704724
>Ugly poo in the loo who wishes she was a Bollywood heroine
the fuck? I havnt looked at LoL in like 3 or 4 years. Who the fuck is she?
>>
>>339704882
The last time I was on eu battle.net, 90% custom games were made by bots and it became really laggy. I never tried playing on the asian realm, but it's probably worse. The good people that still like wc3 are all on wc3 arena anyway
>>
File: tali.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tali.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
>>339705074
Taliyah
>>
File: 1461425819785.jpg (84 KB, 778x396) Image search: [Google]
1461425819785.jpg
84 KB, 778x396
Dota is dying as well. Were Mobas just a fad?
>>
File: 1314468891896.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1314468891896.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>Ghostcrawler joins Riot
>Game starts dying faster than before
like pottery
>>
>>339704724
>counting Kindred
>overlooking Jinx

Guess there is no accounting for taste.
>>
>>339705213

>dota has been around for 10+ years
>a fad

but 2bh i agree the massive popularity will go away
>>
>>339705359
Westerners can't make DFC for shit.
>>
>>339705060
That's why teleport is a good choice, you can always join a teamfight and turn it around if you are behind and you should do that. Splitpush is only really strong when being even or ahead.
It's still good that they keep him the way it is and not mash every champion into a groupfighting % damage stun machine with a rework
>>
As someone who currently plays League the game is dying like WoW is dying.

People are dropping out because Riot keeps making changes no one wants while refusing to admit they're wrong.

No solo queue and adding RNG to the game has made everything worse.

Also removing all counterplay from Zed, their favourite champion.
>>
>>339705554
The hired blizzard devs, no suprise
>>
File: equilibrium.png (673 KB, 965x813) Image search: [Google]
equilibrium.png
673 KB, 965x813
>A bunch of neat characters are stuck in LoL
>You will never see Vladimir in Dota 2
>Or Ezreal

Oh well, there's always Invoker who gives me a bit of both. a global skill and the personality.
>>
>>339706608
>A bunch of neat characters are stuck in LoL
>Cites two of the most uninteresting characters in the game as examples
>>
>>339706758

Well, I liked them.

I guess I miss Garen as well. Not because he was something exceptional but because he was so innocently simple. A knight with a sword and that's that. I sometimes wish I could play Dragon Knight without having to ever transform into a dragon.
>>
>>339706901
I like Dragon Knight because of how generic he is.

>here's a knight, lmao he can turn into dragons

Dota has great designs imo because there's not much deviant-art faggotry going on.
>>
>>339701030
>AP shaco,
Its still a thing and can do shit tons of damage..
but if you're behind, you're useless as shit
>>
File: 1464187926446.png (130 KB, 274x385) Image search: [Google]
1464187926446.png
130 KB, 274x385
ITT: tripfag fanboy buttblasted due to the fact that his game is dying
>>
Money into competetive = LoL's alive.
No money = LoL's dead.

LoL's also dying due to decision Riot makes. Community mostly don't like them (dynamic queue for example). I also think from patch to patch they try to make a game even more noob friendly. Gates near spawns, "afk barrier" with MS, timers, even more timers, more and more indicators, in more and more spells, now they make your character shine after space bar (SO YOU WILL EVENTUALLY FIND IT) and making /remake option, dynamic queue "roles", now you kinda can't do something metabreaking (what is funny cause Riot "likes" metabreaking things tho nerfs + dynamic queue fuck it) or you ain't going to argue about positions and more. I won't even talk about this fucking boring meta (more golems = win).
>>
Yeah, and this fucking reworks. Destroyin' Anivia, great job Riot.
>>
>>339705554
This is plenty true, WoW and LoL are analogous in their genres in so many ways riot hiring ghost crawler is just some sort of cosmic joke.

>People are dropping out because Riot keeps making changes no one wants while refusing to admit they're wrong.
Exactly this dev pride thing is really starting to hurt lol in meaningful ways and you can see it in the legion beta too with trying to stick to bad class mechanics no one wants because its a cool new toy they made

>Also removing all counterplay from Zed, their favourite champion.
I think its hilarious that the guy who nerfed QSS said zed nerfs were going to go through in 6.9 to compensate but they didn't and everyone said he would be op and permabanned and he is (which I guess proves the pride thing).

It's also pretty obvious with the dynamic queue think riot lusts for the casual dollar and dynamic queue was just about boosting your shitter friends not 'making lol a team game' since they're removing it from diamond because it sucks.
>>
Dying or not, the game Is clearly past It's golden age.

Many said that Riot made poor decisions,the worst of them being shitty champion reworks and allowing CertainlyT to keep doing champions.

First off,most reworks were dumb,Gangplank became a balance nightmare,Fiora became a tank DPS cunt,Mordekaiser became fucking unplayable,Darius became a slow piece of shit,and so on.

Then there's this CertainlyT guy who makes champion purly based on If they are fun to play AS and totally dismiss If they are fun to play AGAINST. He made Darius,Thresh,Yasuo,Zyra and Kalista,as well as doing the Mordekaiser update which made him useless. This game was way better when they didn't pumped overgimmicked and awful jack of all trades characters.
>>
>>339695626

I hope so. Riot more than deserves it for the bullshit they've pulled over the years.
>>
>>339709802
>Thresh, Darius, Zyra are badly designed characters
Thresh is straight up well designed in just every possible way. Darius should never have been nerfed when he was released to appease shitters and he shouldn't have needed a rework and what's wrong with zyra?

The morde thing highlights everything wrong with riot design philosophy they do an experiment shit their pants when it's hard to balance and nerf it to oblivion (morde, raka the list goes on); They realised (quite rightly) that if morde was going to work as a bot lane carry with no mobility, cc or range he's have to hit like a truck. When he did everyone just shit their pants and called him op all day instead of buffing counters (long range adcs) or lowering his sustain they just dumpstered his damage and left him to be 'worked on' later in the 'never to buff too hard basket'.
>>
>>339709802
They made Darius "juggernaut", he can do teamfight pretty easy, especially after getting 5 stacks and executing somebody with his ult, but he can't chase for enemy carry. Instead, he's the guy who stays near his carry and protect it from enemies.

He isn't mobile, but he has strenghts and I think he's pretty balanced. Some utility, high tankiness, high damage, even with like 0 AD items (200 AD on level 18 for free tho it's recommended to build some), low mobility. He's also pretty solid on lane.

Overall, way stronger than old Darius.
>>
My gripe is that not only it isn't balanced, but they won't raise the ban number and acknowledge how OP some champions are

Permabans right now are
Fizz
Yasuo
Zed
Ekko
Graves
Yi

They are pick or ban right now and shit on the enemy everyone. It's ridiculous the gap between normal characters and these ones
>>
>>339699732
EVE nigger
>>
>>339695626
MOBA genre is dying.

>>339696907
This is currently happen
>>
>>339699996
3 posts off quints rip
>>
>>339695626
I hope it losses its grip on the gaming market but it is a good containment board, especiallt together with CoD.
>>
>>339695626
I think a lot of people here fail to realize this game isn't dying because of Riot or at least not directly because of them. Riot sold out to Tencent (evil overlord chinese asshole company) and they are likely the ones pushing for all this focus on E-Sports and friendcentric playing to bring in more people and thus more wallets to milk.

A few seasons ago Tencent only had partial stakes in Riot now they own it 100%, this is why the game sucks now, Tencent is shadowrunning it into the ground
>>
>>339711624
You are in bronze-silver I assume.

No man, permabans are:
Lucian
Kindred
Zed
Ekko
Azir
Maokai
Ryze
Taric

There are also some pretty strong picks like Graves, Soraka, Gangplank, Malzahar, Gragas, Kha'Zix, whos are also ban worthy.
>>
>>339696907
>liking a genre with even less depth than MOBAs
>>
>>339697347
That was season 2 faggot, but the most fun was pre season 1
>>
>>339712743

>tfw no more double ip weekends
>>
>>339709147
The AFK barrier and Base gates weren't added to be noob friendly
but Annie's stun meter, and the jungle timers are
First they gave everyone a timer for jungle buffs and now there's a huge ass hourglass on the minimap before they spawn.
>>
>>339704930
what books did you read? rn, im reading murakami lol im in the process of trying to quit, been playing only like 2 games a day now
>>
File: 1461747738285.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1461747738285.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>339712759
>Ryze
wat.
I remember him being trash after they nerf him post-rework and he was dead in the water since then. What the hell? Also they're reworking him SECOND TIME NOW. Holy fuck this company is retards heaven.
>Maokai
Ayy lmao, he also was unpopular before his mr buff to promote april's fool skin.
But yeah , anyway, I thought I was safe by playing ARAM only for year and half but their shitty hands got even to this mode. Anti-traps items are removed along with support gold generating items. Have fun dealing with teemo and akali now LOL. Fucking hell it's like they got teemo in aram and couldnt do shit because people bought sweeper item and they're butt mad because NOCOUNTERPLAY and BURDEN OF KNOWLEDGE. And tanky shield was gift from a gods to survive early game as tank and gain a little gold and hp back.
Nobody asked for this changes. Why the fuck they're doing it? I stopped playing SR because got tired of their meta-changing patches every month , just leave me and other players who play aram alone, you stupid fucks.
>>
>>339700409
Romanticise things in your head
>>
>>339696995
Like anyone in those threads gonna drop Lol.
Riot doing all those things because they know those masochist will play game no mater what happen.
>>
>>339705169

More like tumblryah, am i rite?
>>
>>339695626
I dropped league after the juggernaut update.

I began to just hate every champion update and the direction they were going with the characters.

I also didn't like they Riot kept trying to shove LCS down my throat, I don't give a fuck about the pro scene. It even felt like all the new champions and updates were made for people to do insane and crazy looking things to make a highlight reel out of.
>>
>>339695626
I think it will keep on living as long as something better doesn't replace it. It's probably the most popular competitive game out right now.
The only way I see LoL dying is if a similar and superior competitive game comes out. Switching from LoL to DotA is too hard and nobody wants to switch to DotA because they're going to be too far behind the learning curve. (Diamond players in LoL aren't going to want to be shit again).
Even with how upset the player base is, unless something drastic happens the game won't die. If you go to the subreddit you'll see them always bitching about something yet they continue to play.
>>
>>339701690
League has almost been over taken by Overwatch in Korean pc cafes
>>
>>339696995
Why are they all mad?
>>
Tell me when runes are phased out and i'll start playing again for a little before it totally dies.
>>
>>339714171
Thematically the champion is alright the kit is more of Riots weird ass fucking meme abilities, Riot needs to just go back to basic kits
>>
>Guys the game is dying! My friends on reddit said so!
>at least 4.5 million new users since November

Loving every laugh.
>>
>>339714381
They're always mad about something.
This might be more justified but even if the game was in a good state they would find some minor detail and make a thread to cry about it.
It's one of the reasons I don't go to Reddit anymore (Yes I said it)
>>
>>339714827
>I'm going to throw out any old random number to back up my point even though Riot haven't released numbers for years upon years

Loving every laugh
>>
>>339714461
Runes are the best part of the game though.
>>
>>339714947
>They're always mad about something.
>find some minor detail and make a thread to cry about it.
>not /v
>>
File: dota2.png (32 KB, 729x147) Image search: [Google]
dota2.png
32 KB, 729x147
>>339695626
Yes, but not quite as fast as DotA 2.
>>
>>339697347
Season 3 was were it really went to shit.
>>
File: 333.jpg (154 KB, 1089x519) Image search: [Google]
333.jpg
154 KB, 1089x519
>>339713543
AFK barrier is of course noob friendly, those base gates maybe had other purpose, whatever, they made this game even more noob friendly that it was in previous season.

>>339714074
>Ryze
If you don't believe me, check streams. There is a reason why they ban him. What is more, they are nerfing his Q base damage. Trust me, this champ is REALLY strong, in some aspects he's overpowered.
>Maokai
Also getting nerfed this patch, directly and by masteries nerfs. He's just way too strong, dealing too much damage while providing great tankiness and utility to his team. Also really safe laning phase, can stick to enemy carry or provide great peel for his carry.

Btw. you are this guy who thinks Yasuo's OP while he's weakest of its kind (outclassed by Yi, Trynda, old/new Fiora etc.) and works only in some teamcomp.

Here's also my stats, just so you know I am pretty good at this game and know some shit about it (only D2 due to only about 60-70 games this season, I can easy get to Master/Chall tho queue time is too long and this game sucks).
>>
File: 1460795413747.gif (2 MB, 352x288) Image search: [Google]
1460795413747.gif
2 MB, 352x288
>>339714827
I know you're baiting and heres your (you) but there's a reason they stopped publish their player base statistics two of three years ago and that's because their player base stopped growing and showed small decline every year. When people asked about it Riot employee just lied in a sense "ahaha we just don't want to catch our own tail" and other bullshit like that.
Soo yeah there's no official statics available now because of that and you can make up any magical numbers about new players as you wish.
>>
>>339714947
I'm hearing about dynamicQ but I don't understand the issue, I quit this game like 2 and a half years ago and am curious to see what the issue is
>>
File: 2c7b9ffbfda1076b3462e6cab655f658.jpg (663 KB, 3800x2300) Image search: [Google]
2c7b9ffbfda1076b3462e6cab655f658.jpg
663 KB, 3800x2300
It's become pretty clear now that the decision-making vehicle at Riot has taken a serious turn. They have always experimented with game changes and toed the line by constantly introducing new champs to the game.

Now it feels like they can't make any decisions with foresight or consideration for how it might actually affect the game. The first indication of this was back at the start of Season 3 aka "Cleaver Fever" (a small oversight honestly, but it started a trend).

Then the Season 4 trinket mess which took a long time to get sorted and functional. Additionally, the S4 jungle changes + smite mechanics made it impossible for most junglers to even fucking do the jungle (until they finally dialed everything back to essentially mirror S3)

Then there was the HUD update which caught them so much flak because it was a mess of over-inflated flashy animations and was difficult to get relevant information at a glance.

Season 5 of course had the Cinderhulk mess followed immediately by the Juggernaut shitstorm of an update WHICH LITERALLY EVERYONE said was going to be awful and....surprise it fucking was. I believe the dev team even came out to say that they did the Juggernaut update just to throw randomness into the competitive scene without too much thought to overall game health.

Then finally the current Season where they have shown they don't know how to balance their items. Boots are a mess and they STILL don't know how to fix Mobi's (+movement when alone within a certain range/+movement when moving towards allies/moving through river/jungle...WOW so hard guiz). More jungle changes because Pros don't play risky early game (no shit) because the game became more snowbally AF. Broken tower stats, broken respawn timers, straight up broken, untested items, broken balance changes (lets give Ekko more raw damage for no reason and do nothing for several patches) and over course the removal of SoloQ

I'm glad they gave me reasons to quit playing
>>
File: 1464408143329.jpg (19 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
1464408143329.jpg
19 KB, 500x451
>>339715382
I literally have no idea why you think I'm yasuo hater since I clearly wrote in my post I'm playing only ARAM only and he is shit there ( well more like annoyance, if he build tanky )
I just was curious about top bans since I'm not following meta anymore.
as for stats .. you're cool I guess?
>>
>>339696812
You should see the shitstorm on NA Board right now after Riot said SoloQ won't come back

also
>unecessary Grasp nerf

wew retards why is this shit company nerfing to fuck everyone who isn't an assasin?
>>
>>339715165
>MOBA cancer is finally dying
>based FPS games will come back as kings of online
>>
>>339715709
This system sucks, you should read about it more if you want know some details. Just google adventage/disadventages of dynamic queue and viola.

You can also read some pro players/youtubers like Froggen, Doublelift, Stonewall008 etc.

Check up-down votes for community approval.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwPa1SGLGv0

>>339716009
It's not about being cool or not, just want you to believe me about some things I am talking about. I also told you top bans.
>>
>>339715709
I don't really get it either other than Queue times which has to do with the new champ select
I think everyone hates it because
>Muh Competitive Integrity
They think that every time they lose it's because the enemy team was a pre-made
>>
>>339716224
Nope, everyone is going to play low skill ceiling bullshit like CSGO and Overwatch.
>>
>>339695626
Seems like most DOTA-like players are moving on to MOBA style shooters.
>>
File: 1424776845319.jpg (20 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1424776845319.jpg
20 KB, 184x184
>hear about the new mage update
>check oout Cassiopeia, she used to be fun
>the new passive is just her not being able to buy boots
>>
>>339700019
Global ults still exist you fag.
>nocturne ult
>gangplank ult
>ziggs, although not actually full global its got massive range
>Ezreal, ashe, jinx
>>
>>339716683
>''mage'' update
>AP items nerfed
>only Malz actually got stronger
>and nerfed right afterwards

wew Riot thanks so much for this patch
>>
File: 75551_by_amyyikawa-d6iuv2g.jpg (116 KB, 464x696) Image search: [Google]
75551_by_amyyikawa-d6iuv2g.jpg
116 KB, 464x696
>>339715709
So ranked changed in 2 major ways this patch.

First was they added Role Selection. You get to select 2 roles before you Q up: Top, Mid, Bot(ADC), Support, Jungle and Fill

Fine and cool. Now you don't have to argue over who called what role or play something you're shit at playing. But just like Wow or any other game with A.I. matchmaking, no one wants to play the Support/heal bitch so the majority of Q is filled by people picking solo-lane roles. "Fill" pretty much became synonymous with Support, and if you Q'd as support you got matched in games almost instantly.

The second part added is DynamicQ. You can now play ranked with up to a full 5 man team as long as everyone is within a certain elo/mmr. The matching algorithm "tries" to match you up with players around your skill level, and then make corrections based on how big your party is. For example, if you and 4 friends are all Gold MMR and queue up, you would either play against another 4/5 man team of golds, or you would get a bunch of SoloQ players in Plat. The idea being that your 5 team has better communication assuming you're most likely using some voice-chat and won't flame each other like lots of solo players do, therefore you need to play against mechanically better players who don't have the same communication advantage.

In actuality, what happens is that most people in lower brackets play 3-4 man teams and have a high Elo smurf who just carries the shit out of the other players AND they have a communication advantage (most of these groups involve streamers in my personal experience), so any of the soloQ players on the other team are basically fucked and have an extremely low chance of winning. SOMETIMES you'll get a group of players on both teams which makes it more even, but it doesn't always work like that.

At the extremely high elo side (pros), they are getting absurdly high Q times (20-30+ mins) because the matchmaking is trying to find matches of balanced skill level
>>
File: 1458281785426.jpg (69 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
1458281785426.jpg
69 KB, 500x598
>>339695626
Well, it's dying just like World of Warcraft is dying. But it has such a large customer base that it's not suffering a huge loss, even if thousands of people stop playing every week.

It will probably last another 5 years, if not longer.
>>
>>339716746
Why are ADC ults so predictable?

>global skillshot (ashe, jinx, ezreal etc)
>semi-long range shooty thing (lucian, mf etc)
>utilitu cc thing (varus, kalista etc)
>>
>>339712856
That is objectively false
>>
>>339714284
Better what? A better MOBA? Because damn near every other competitive game is better than LoL right now.
>>
File: 500full.jpg (14 KB, 398x291) Image search: [Google]
500full.jpg
14 KB, 398x291
>Riot bans pro players from competetive play based on their behavior in pubs

Do they really think they can change the nature of a man?
>>
File: 1459382067187.png (398 KB, 792x540) Image search: [Google]
1459382067187.png
398 KB, 792x540
...Reading all this kinda makes me want to boot it up and see if the same dudes are still playing. Maybe rustle up a normal or some ranked 5's if I can find the people.
>>
>>339716810
(cont) But because you have LCS pro teams queueing ranked together, the AI matchmaker can't possibly find another equal team for them to play with, so they end up playing groups in brackets WAY below them and stomp. So the high end players don't get challenging, fun and interesting games, and the lower bracket players get stomped by pros without much chance for victory. Everyone loses

Lastly, and this is the bit that opened the flood gates this week, was that Riot stated about 6 months ago that they would provide a "true SoloQ" ranked system where no one could party together, not even 2-man groups. Lots of players on both sides of the MMR brackets wanted this because of the aforementioned issues, and in classic Riot fashion, they promised it was Coming Soonâ„¢

The video linked in this thread earlier is their surprise discussion about DynamicQ and their "official" announcement that SoloQ won't be happening because they say so and "it's hard to do now"

People are fucking pissed.
>>
There was literally no reason to remove team builder.
>>
I played LoL from summer of 2011 to summer of 2013. The game just got too repetitive, boring, and frustrating, so I left. Every so often, I'll check to see how things are going and it seems like every time, the playerbase is getting increasingly more angry, and more and more are quitting. It's kind of upsetting to see a game that I had some good memories with become a shell of it's former self.
>>
File: 12f3.png (771 KB, 1000x919) Image search: [Google]
12f3.png
771 KB, 1000x919
>>339717693
Same boat here except I love it when they suffer, because I think "Hey that could be me, I could be the one suffering"
and then I lean back and sensibly chuckle before firing up some comfy good games and enjoying myself
>>
>>339717465
>SoloQ won't be happening because they say so and "it's hard to do now"
what the fuck
>>
>>339717693
Similar here.
I've also noticed strange abbreviations for champ names.
Heard multiple times people referring to Yi as Master. I have no idea why? It's not as clear, it's longer...
>>
>>339717119
Nothing that LoL players can switch to, and it has to be a new game, like not DotA.
HotS came close but LoL wasn't hated at the time.
>>
>>339717969
I noticed they often talk about switching to Overwatch and it's hardly surprising as both games are waifubaits.
>>
They should just get rid of ranked solo queue all together and force people to join premades if they want to queue for ranked play.

Playing a team game by yourself is the dumbest thing imaginable. It's nothing but a source of frustration I have no idea why people would do this.
>>
>>339717693
All games are getting angrier these days. I can't even play Rocket League anymore without running into some asstwat who spews insults at the slightest mistake.
>>
>All this people screaming how old Seasons were amazing and this new ones are shit

as someone who played from S3 and is still to this day even if less, i can say that the game is in a much better state even if they are fucking shit up with DynamicQ and some bad decisions . But champions and shit are 100% better, the old champs are so fucking clunky and "easy" compared to things like Ekko or Taliyah.

And you literally cant prove me wrong
>>
It died to me when they nerfed my favorite champion into a joke.
>>
>>339718161
>wahhh I can't all-in everyone in the game without thought anymore

kek
>>
>>339718143
are you implying Ekko is hard?
>>
>>339718161
>bugsplat xD lol kek
>>
I'd be glad if it finally died, too bad it has already done enough damage to the industry.
>>
>>339716746
Noc's ult isn't global, just high range.

An actual global ult is Shen's

>>339718161
K6 is still retarded, just not to a stupidly high degree
>>
>>339718080
I wonder if multiplayer will stop being hot shit at some point because people will get fed up with dealing with internet drama and switch to SP games.
>>
>>339697347
That's exactly when I did leave, Riot said they were doing jungle changes to make it easier.
>>
>>339718304
Compared to a champ like Rammus or Warwick he is insanely more difficult even if still braindead easy.

Also a lot more fun
>>
File: 1454241347718.png (221 KB, 764x148) Image search: [Google]
1454241347718.png
221 KB, 764x148
reminder
>>
>>339695626
We can only hope.

I challenge /v/ to name another mainstream popular game that is fucking shittier to the core than LoL is/was. Every single fucking aspect of the game is dumbed down, simplified, broken, stupid, boring, repetitive, grindy, low skill ceiling, casual, the list goes on. I couldn't design a fucking shittier game than LoL. And it's the most popular game of all time.
>>
>>339716998
Uh? Popular RTS's are almost always completely brainless macro-fests, with strategy being a complete afterthought

RTSs will never be popular again because what people want from the genre is garbage
>>
>>339718143
>the old champs are so fucking clunky and "easy" compared to things like Ekko or Taliyah.
True. Champs are designed better today. But the game played better back in Season 1-2

I've been playing since beta.

The game is too "safe" now. It's far too easy to get away with making a really poor decision. Conversely it's far too hard to punish someone for making a really poor decision.

What ends up happening are the better players win less often because of this inherent rubberbanding designed in the game through years of nerfing and buffing around the lowest common denominator. This isn't as prevalient in higher-skilled matches but they have a different problem. The minimal skill gaps at that level are further compressed. The games drag out into pokes and sieges with very little fighting or interactivity because both sides know no one will actually die.

I used to be able to play all day every day. I have every champ, bought completely with IP. I spent maybe $20 max on this game exclusively in skins.

While the game is "better" now, it was more "fun" than.
>>
people still play this game? I left when everyone got free wards

LOL plays like keep the whole map under vision 24/7
>>
>>339718080
>>339718384
It's always been like this.
The difference is according modern game designâ„¢ being able to play as a one man army is sacralige so most muliplayer games are heavily team reliant causing people to rage at their teammates for bad play.
>>
File: 1231231.png (367 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1231231.png
367 KB, 500x600
>>339716760
>mained Malz for years and wrecked shit with him
>Riot makes him popular just to nerf him right after
>>
>>339718468
WoW
>>
>>339718509
This is actually pretty true.

If they were about strategy, then koreans wouldn't be racing to get the highest APM.
>>
>>339718468
wewlad
>>
>>339718554
More like modern gamers egos are so inflated due to the feedback loop of modern games that when they lose it HAS to be their teammates fault because there is no way on earth they got outplayed or made a mistake
>>
>>339716810
>>339716347
>>339716330
I'll go read some more on it, thanks for the info.
>>
File: 1450955272094.gif (58 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1450955272094.gif
58 KB, 256x192
I loathe the day that riot reworks Yorick. They're gonna make him gimmicky as hell and then nerf it one week later. I know they will.
>>
>>339717969
>LOL players cant transfer to Dota 2
Theres this guy that popped up on my youtube feed, hes masters in LOL and has a winrate of 30% in 30 games

It makes no sense to me, they should have better mechanical skill than the literal noobs they play
>>
>>339718554
Battlefield still lets you go Rambo.
>>
File: 1464017914982.webm (1 MB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1464017914982.webm
1 MB, 720x1280
>>339695626

>wewanttheoverwatchaudience.webm
>>
>>339704093
if you have friends at Riot you literally jump over the P2W bullshit and the game becomes a lot more enjoyable.
Too bad 0x10 is still 0. But you know people love this game because its very easy to jump into it. Its easy to understand, easy to play. I feel kinda bad for those guys who dream about becoming a pro player, and then fail miserably, and Riot is pumping this shit down on everyone's throat.

Not the game is the problem, but the false promises Riot makes and pushes down into everyone's throat who plays this game. They sucked out every single fun factor the game had in favor of money and e-sports.
>>
>>339695626
I hope so
>>
File: 1464800234735.jpg (61 KB, 666x632) Image search: [Google]
1464800234735.jpg
61 KB, 666x632
>>339718467
>>
>>339718509
This.
Its the curse of competitive play. Everyone wants to minmax everything so the game just turns into following meta builds and seeying who can complete a "to-do" list faster.
>>
>>339718782
Dota is a lot less forgiving than Lol with the lack of Flash, turn rates, bigger map, denial, gold loss on death, and more
>>
>>339717969
I actually found Dota 2 to be easier than LOL when I was still playing it because melee carries in Dota are way stronger so the game suited my playstyle more.
>>
>>339718782
>30 Games
They're different games m8, it's not that hard to understand
and
>30 Games
>>
>>339718782
>they should have better mechanical skill than the literal noobs they play
As someone who plays both games, mechanical skill takes you further in LoL than sheer game knowledge compared to Dota.

This is due to turn rates and move startup frames. The game isn't as "snappy" as LoL is. So all those twitchy last second dodges and shit you can pull off in LoL don't really happen in Dota.

Add in things like gold loss on death, couriers, town portals and a bunch of other shit.

You can lose before you even get to put your mechanics to the test.
>>
>>339718709
No, it's the game design. There has never been a time in multiplayer PC gaming where players egos weren't inflated. Again modern game design is so focused on making players reliant on team mates that just one person on your team getting outplayed or making mistakes can cost you the entire game. This problem isn't anywhere near as prevalent in games like Quake, Starcraft, or even CS or COD.

>>339718793
Not really. It's not as bad as League of legends but you're not going to win an entire game by yourself unless you're playing TDM (which nobody plays in BF)
>>
Still the top game on twitch by far
>>
>>339718939
Am i the only one who thinks that DotA 2 has really strange graphics that make it much harder to analyze the situation than lol? As i remember the original DotA wasn't plagued by it that much.
>>
>>339718467
Savage
>>
>>339696812
But it also drives players away after they eventually get tired of keeping up with the constant reiterations. I quit playing over a year ago after I got frustrated with riot's aimless rebalances. It's almost funny how riot claims they aren't enforcing a meta but immediately nerf anything that would change the boring stale meta.
>>
>>339719156
I think that both are clusterfucks, but Dota 2 at night is really dark so it's harder to see shit
>>
>Ghostcrawler gets into WoW.
>Retarded class design changes slowly kill the game
>Ghostcrawler gets into LoL.
>Retarded class design changes slowly kill the game

Ses like its easy for Rioto to fix their game. Just fire Ghostcrawler.
>>
>>339719156
I had a lot of trouble with DotA's graphics too, it kinda feels like everything blends together.
>>
File: american roomba.png (306 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
american roomba.png
306 KB, 499x374
>>339718467
holy fuck man
>>
>>339719339
I mean, DotA has better graphics than LoL (doesn't really matter in a MOBA). But i can see fuck all. And the new summoners rift always seemed to me like a turn to DotA.
>>
>>339719156
You get used to it, ever since the graphical change in LOL I cant tell whats happening

Its just a matter of preference
>>
If these fuccbois don't leave for Battlefield 1 they are cucks
>>
>>339719108
>This problem isn't anywhere near as prevalent in games like Quake, Starcraft, or even CS or COD.
Then you literally never played them.

here's the facts: The BEST players rise to the top regardless of their teammates.

If you're losing because "your teammates suck" guess what, you suck too buddy. Sure, not as much as them, but you still suck. You fucking suck and you will continue to fucking suck until you turn your blame inwards and improve the only thing you can: Yourself.

How do I know this? I was just like you. Then I got good. Modern games didn't invent team play and they sure didn't invent bad teammates. Pick up the slack or get whipped by it.
>>
>>339719156
Dota has the worst animations i fucking saw in a game.

I tried to play Dota 2 for like 10 hours but god fucking damn each fucking turn around of my character and AA was a fucking paint to watch and it was so fucking clunky.

In lol it feels smooth as fuck compared to it.

is it a "git gud" game mechanic or what?
>>
>>339704724
>Poo in the loo champion

Anyone else noticed how much "Tumblr" her art just screamed? She unironically had the Tumblr nose and freckles people keep meeming about.
>>
>>339719557
>battlefield 1
HOL UP!
>>
>>339714827
>Not "smurfs"
It's dying, Jim
>>
>>339719609
yeah its called constantly not turning
>>
>>339704897
>what is mid lane
>what is top lane
>>
File: 352.png (392 KB, 1024x572) Image search: [Google]
352.png
392 KB, 1024x572
>>339716370
>Overwatch becomes the king of video games for the next few years

if this actually happens i'm legit finding a new hobby
>>
>>339719793
>not already quitting when ASSFAGGOTS took over
>>
>>339719826
i was hoping the moba takeover was just something that will happen once in this industry

if god damn fucking OVERWATCH, the most casual piece of shit to come out this decade, becomes the inspiration for game devs for the next few years then you know that all hope truly is lost
>>
>>339719609
It's to balance ranged heroes
>>
>>339716370
>>339719793

Overwatch was ahead of LoL for like 1 week but now its already in like 5th place on Twitch.

It will be like Dayz at its peak.

More popular than most games but not LoL,Dota 2,CS tier
>>
>>339706901
Garen is a knight? I thought he's just a military commander without knighthood like Darius.
>>
>>339719937
Overwatch already set a very scary precedent, that you can sell a new game solely on marketing
>>
>>339719793
It's not free. Also most LoL/dota players wouldn't even be able to run Overwatch. Keep in mind most LoL players probably cant even max League
>>
>>339719956
I honestly think its to balance blinks more

without turn rates Anti mage and Qop would be near unkillable
>>
>>339719983
5th place is still way too high
i'm genuinely hoping that it's just a flavor of the month thing because it was hyped up so massively. i've played too much quake to even look at that fucking abomination without throwing up, and if it becomes "the new thing" then there's nothing left for me to enjoy anymore in this industry

>>339720041
just shows how intelligent the target audience is
>>
>>339720041
>that you can sell a new game solely on marketing
this has been true for almost 10 years now if not longer
>>
>champ gets a buff and a new skin
>once Riot gets enough shekels they gut him
>>
>>339720041
>that you can sell a new game solely on marketing
Shows how long you've been paying attention to the world around you.

When in reality you just REALLY want to dislike overwatch
>>
>>339720041
Naw it shows that a game company can sell based on their past critically acclaimed games. Theres a few companies that can do this

Blizzard has that due to their amazing run before, and it didnt seem diablo 3, and sc2 didnt ruin it.

Valve could probably do this, Rockstar aswell
>>
>>339712743
You're so right. Every fucking ability is now a skillshot with a gimp kind of shit.

Even Veigar... my absolute favourite champion... they turned his Q into a skillshot and made his R scale off the enemy's missing health ? What the fuck? Is this the reason why he gets so much free AP now? Because they reworked him into having so little AP scaling to begin with?

And dont get me started with soraka.. why is she such a play heavy champion now? Why can't she be as simple as she was? Why is the game getting so many gimp abilities and designs thrown into the champions?

Is it because the Chinese are fucking crazy annd addicted to gambling ? Is that why every fucking ability is pretty much some gimp shit nowadays?
>>
>>339702927

The dumbest part is they made this system to combat people arguing over roles in champ select, but didn't solve the problem of people being fucking tools, LYING about which roles they're queuing for and demanding mid as a support anyway.
>>
>>339720319
Is it so hard to fucking AIM

I fucking wish every ability in this game was a skillshot
>>
Ahri is fucking cute
>>
>>339720402

Never ever happend to me in Dynamo Q
>>
no, but I wish it was.

according to /v/ though, a game is dying if

1. they don't like it
2. they used to play it but don't anymore
3. they don't constantly hear about it

ex: Overwatch. People are so incredibly butthurt about it existing they actually are calling it dead, or dead in x time. It's amazing
>>
>>339720405
How would 1 target hitting skillshots work in laning? Mid especially. It would turn mid into top. Because stepping to the side could get you ganked, but you can't hit your skillshot head on.
>>
>>339720405
This.

Fuck anyone who thought old Veigar was fair to play against

Turn his gay ass ult into a skillshot while you're at it
>>
>>339720534
it's tortanic syndrome
>>
>>339720185
Name one instance of a new IP doing this well
>>339720316
Blizzard has been completely irrelevant for years now, what they released Hearthstone? Please.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.