[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought Elder Scrolls Online, did I make a wise choice? If
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: eso.jpg (499 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
eso.jpg
499 KB, 1920x1080
Just bought Elder Scrolls Online, did I make a wise choice? If not, why? Pic is random.
>>
You have to dedicate a good bit of time to it to get anywhere. New update is going to change end game leveling. Crafting takes months to master. Plenty of content for now but I started to get burned out over the last few weeks
>>
>>339695340
Also, don't go in expecting a game like skyrim or you'll hate it.
>>
>>339695396
...so dont expect a shit game? what?
>>
>>339695340
Is there any punishment for not having eso plus, or is there still plenty of content witgout it? I would like to know that I'm able to get atleast like 300 hours worth of content between story,dungeons,pvp etc..
>>
File: Ascended_Sleeper_MW.png (456 KB, 732x998) Image search: [Google]
Ascended_Sleeper_MW.png
456 KB, 732x998
>>339695780

You will have a long ride desu. The new Update only allows twinks to level faster. You will still have to do your Main and faction quests and THEN the Grind to get to 160 Championpoints.

>Is there any punishment for not having eso plus?

Well you get 10% inspiration(faster crafting) 10% exp all DLC's unlocked and a crafting Bag.

None of those besides the crafting Bag are worth the monthly pay. And even then you can get plenty of Space for your stuff, so its up to you.
>>
>Remove the Elder Scrolls name
>???
>????

Literally the only thing that makes people play it.
Trust me, It's not Elder Scrolls
The same way the Final Fantasy MMO's are not Final Fantasy
>>
>>339694968

Prepare to learn animation cancelling to be competent in anything but solo content.
>>
>>339699853
Final Fantasy MMOs look more like the Final Fantasy I want instead of what the current main series has been doing since 2009 though.
>>
>>339699853
>The same way the Final Fantasy MMO's are not Final Fantasy
11 and 14 are pure FF. I have no idea what the fuck you're going on about. They are more FF than 13 and 15 combined.
>>
>>339700049
What I'm saying is, they are MMO's
It's a whole different game genre, with completely different gameplay.
You can slap on the franchise's name and lore, but It won't be a Elder Scrolls/Final Fantasy game
>>
the mmo is actually really fucking good, im currently waiting to play through it and the DLCs, once i finish fallout 4 + witcher 3 DLC's

my biggest hangups on the mmo is the justice system which is just shit, but beyond that, its really fucking good

you can mod it and use addons and make the game immersion as fuck, i have all the ui hidden, concealed unless activated/ in combat. and its so good, im playing it like its skyrim

another hang up, is because its an mmo, the crafting system, instead of like skyrim, where you get 1 leather and 1 ingot, you make a iron dagger, because its an mmo you have to gather 10 iron ore, to make 1 iron ingot, and gather 10 raw leather, to refine to 1 leather, to ultimately make 1 dagger

those are the hangups i got on the game, like some fine tuning and the game would be fucking amazing as fuck, but the devs are pretty stupid, and their engine is pretty shit, if you cant run it at 64 bit expect it to run like complete shit,

also if you want to play it like its immersive and your character isnt like a typical mmo character, i suggest you play nightblade and use stamina build, all the other classes are retarded and use magic and all their skills are typical ranged/ glowing attacks

i think i rerolled like 5x and wasted a month of playtime trying to mod and figure out the game and figure out what works and what classes do, and ultimately everything the game has to offer.

dont do the DLC until after you finish your entire main storyline, or you will completely overlevel everything
dont buy ESO plus, its retarded and makes you overlevel all your content because you get +exp buff, so if you do all quests of a place, you end up like 5 lvls over the main story quest, making everything piss easy, esp when you want to sit around and explore and be immersed. because the actual game world is immersive as fuck and really fun to explore

and. when you loot shit, dont ever loot any food items, or food crafitng items
>>
>>339699853
>>339700184
you're a complete fucking idiot
just kill yourself, you say the most retarded shit, i bet youre like 12 years old or some fucking shit, holy shit just dont open your mouth again, fuck you are dumb as fuck
>>
>>339700450
So I'm right then.
Alright, good we cleared that up.
Have a wonderful day.
>>
>>339700184
>It's a whole different game genre, with completely different gameplay.
Except you're wrong. The MMOs are designed to still play like FF games with psuedo timers and all that. Again, they are pure shots of FF if you ever need one.
>>
>>339694968
Is the playerbase still alive?
>>
>>339702340
its ded
>>
>>339694968
Gets boring very, very fast
>>
File: 13dd7f68bcf828d5.jpg (14 KB, 375x366) Image search: [Google]
13dd7f68bcf828d5.jpg
14 KB, 375x366
>>339695494
>"D-do I f-fit in yet, /v/-sama?"
>>
>>339694968
I played it a few weeks after launch and thought it was so insanely boring and all the quests were fucking terrible. But I think I had more fun playing ESO than I did WoW and I don't really care for the Elder Scrolls series.
>>
>>339702340
If literally under 500 people counts as being alive.
>>
>>339700450
completely and utterly baited lmao
>>
>>339702340
Let me put it this way.

Remember the last days of Vanguard where you could sometimes go DAYS without seeing another fucking player?
>>
>>339704069
My issue with skyrim is it just became boring
I lost motivation and stopped around level 25

I think my main issue was repetition and how bosses almost felt like random chance at higher difficulty
Does Online have such issues?

Also how fast is online, how quickly do the most basic enemies die normally?
>>
>>339705215
Did you try mods for skyrim? It's the only thing that can save that game.
>>
>>339705660
yeah
a few visuals, tk dodge, and lock on

lock on I actually abandoned because my custom controller binds that were being inputted as scancode kept conflicting with the game detecting a controller even when the option was turned off

TK dodge just always felt off

I think I added a few spells, but the only one I ever actually used was the choose your familiar amulets
>>
>>339694968
look Angry Joe's Angry Review of this game. Fits for me. Played open beta, stucked so many times that i left the game
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.