[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> 15K USD > 15 with three zeros Holy shit. I was thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 15
> 15K USD
> 15 with three zeros

Holy shit. I was thinking about buying a ship and the squadron 42 combo for $60 but now I'm just turned off entirely by just having that option.

Is this a game to make poorfags feel like shit about their lives, or just there in case some ridiculously rich asshole feels like doing nothing even in video games?

Is this game worth even $20?
>>
>>339689947
>Is this game worth even $20?
If it ever comes out, sure.
>>
It's just a way to milk nostalgia fags that played wing commander games when they were kids but are now making big money they waste on dumb shit. I've not really followed their pricing structure, but there's even insurance and a second hand market for this shit.

Chris Roberts in a leadership position with tons of money just spells disaster IMO, just like how freelancer and the wing commander movie turned out.
>>
Yeah, each package comes with 6 month insurance for your ship I'm guessing.

I guess my question is, does this game leave any possibility for grinding your way to the top, or are you totally fucked if you don't plan to spend at least a grand?
>>
>>339690654
I recall reading that the most expensive ship available for in game currency purchase can be grinded in game with about a month or two worth of playtime.

I'm also pretty sure that these expensive bundles come with life time insurance. Maybe that's just the ones that are only sold for a limited time (thus have a second hand market that appreciates in value).
>>
Ah okay, got it. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>339690654
Their fucked either way. If the grind is easy then they just invalidated all the money people spent to have special snowflake ships. If the grind is hard then nobody will play because of the insured special snowflake ships constantly suicide running into their shitty space clunker special.
>>
>>339691612
Most people who buy these claim they are doing it to fund the game, not that they actually want the ships. I don't know why people would still throw money at it even more now that the game has exceeding it's original goal by the millions.

Probably just a justification to not look like a massive nerd who spent massive money on video game space ships.
>>
>>339691116

"$15,000 will save you approximately one month of grinding" is something I want to see someone bring up to the megawhales.

This is like, Puzzle and Dragon-level megawhaling. At least PAD has waifus.
>>
>>339692207

IDK if their paywall is up but goons are fuckin' obsessed with this game and have basically written up stuff about those guys who spent 30 grand plus on it. it is basically like "i want to live my life in space and SC is gonna let me do that".

I think people like that would buy in at any price.
>>
>>339692552
You mean goons have made up a bunch of shit about the game
>>
>>339689947
N E V E R
E E
V V
E E
R R
>>
>>339689947
they don't even follow EU / UK laws and refuse to give out refunds.

scam company.

I'm taking them to court later this month, only a 70£ fee for me. Going to cost them 20x times that just in legal fees to make a lawyer show up and push papers.

Fuck em.
>>
>>339689947

SON OF A BITCH
>>
>>339692668
You're doing god's work eurocuck
>>
I spent $40 I think back when this first started and have stopped caring altogether.
I'm just going to pretend that I spent that money on booze and move on.
>>
File: refund.gif (331 KB, 333x200) Image search: [Google]
refund.gif
331 KB, 333x200
Anyone who tries to defend the star citizen devs at this point obviously have invested thousands into their fake spaceships for a game that is never coming out.
>>
>>339692849
tfw put 1000$ into it and regret

tfw not derek smart and get entire sum refunded without noise

chris roberts has put in a company policy to refuse refunds to anyone asking for them, even if they break the law by doing so.
>>
File: 2917485-7472408189-14031.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
2917485-7472408189-14031.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>339689947
>Is this game worth even $20?
>thinking its ever going to get released
>>
>Spent $250 on this (about 8 hours wage)
>Playing other vidya and doing other things whilst waiting for release
>Can't help but feel sorry for people who feel like they have to justify their hatred for this game in threads like this
I can understand that people are pissed off, but going on about court orders and shit? Calm your farm, buddy.
>>
You could probably build a very very very small spaceship IRL with that amount of cash.
>>
Last I read about the refund issue, they were offering some. Did they change their policy, or was that refund just for some specific backing period or ship/bundle?
>>
I'm hoping single player will be released by Christmas.
>>
>>339692308
He said in-game currency though, I doubt these 5-figure pre-order bonuses will even be obtainable after the game releases (if it releases)
>>
>>339693253
Some of the variants are not obtainable with in game purchase, and some are no longer obtainable with real cash either.
>>
>>339693092
They offered refunds to people and set a change of date for their ToS which made it harder for people to cry about the fact they donated to a kickstarter and expected a game the next year from scratch.

PROTIP: Don't donate money to kickstarters that you would have a problem with never seeing again

>>339693369
>Some of the variants are not obtainable with in game purchase

Every single thing is obtainable in-game that has been sold, and/or plans to be obtainable.
>>
>>339693369
Every ship or variant that's been sold so far will be buyable in game (using in game currency) or capturable (steal it from an NPC or player)... assuming the game ever gets finished
>>
File: 622.jpg (55 KB, 991x902) Image search: [Google]
622.jpg
55 KB, 991x902
>>339693015
>waiting for release
>>
File: star citizen.jpg (116 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
star citizen.jpg
116 KB, 1024x768
but hes working so hard!
>>
>>339689947
Just think of how many delicious steaks you could buy with that much dosh.
>>
>>339693650
Did they change this? I recall reading (a long ass time ago mind you) that there would be certain ships that were limited. I do a google and there's now something called pledge buy back? Is this related to everything able to be purchase with in game money now or was I just remembering wrong?
>>
>>339693092
>>339693650
They never offered refunds to people.

Initially they'd pay people that made requests related to "tough times", and obviously derek smart.

Now they just pretend to not have any knowledge of the laws that specifically force them to issue refunds.

It's a dumb move on their end, i'll be filing a claims case against them in the UK and going to get them investigated for fraud.
>>
>>339694019
There are limited SALES, but everything is planned to be obtainable one way or another.

Pledge buy-back is a system where you can re-buy a ship or whatever that you refunded again.

>>339694053
They allowed it to happen, but its tougher now.
>i'll be filing a claims case against them in the UK and going to get them investigated for fraud.
Yeah, good luck with that one.

>>339693921
>Nobody is allowed time off
>>
>>339692668
The last chump who tried that (filing a claim in UK small claims court) lost, and CIG did send someone to make their case.

Fact is, pledging money to a crowfunded project is not the same as buying a product - it's seen as gambling by most financial institutions, you're taking a risk, you're made aware of the risks before you pledge, and you're entitled to nothing if it doesn't work out.

Case in point, see Paypal's new chargeback rules for crowdfunded projects:

>Crowdfunding initiatives, as well as online gaming sites, are no longer eligible for chargebacks. From PayPal’s perspective, there is little difference in terms of risk between contributing to a crowdfunding initiative or playing online poker. Consumers engage in these practices at their own discretion, and they are responsible for the risk.

> According to a statement released by PayPal, the new rule is specifically intended to reflect the “risks and uncertainties” associated with these ventures.

> Of course, crowdfunding is by nature an unsure practice for consumers. Crowdfunding involves paying up-front for the chance to potentially see a return later, and in many cases, that potential return never materialises.

>This policy identifies crowdfunding and online gaming as inherently risky, and PayPal does not want to invest resources in tracking down funds for consumers when they voluntarily gamble with them.

In short, stop being a little bitch - you gambled on something, so far it's very late (rather than being done for), accept it and move on.
>>
>>339694186
Well duh, I'm filing a case against them to have them send someone to counter it to waste their money.

If they refuse to give me a refund, I'll get them to spend money.
>>
>>339694186
>so far it's very late

Honestly, that perception is mostly due to Chris's inability to give deadlines that he could possibly reach. Its still well within normal timelines for game development, he just promises way too much.

>>339694267
..You're an idiot.
>>
>>339694186
This should be the death of crowd funding but people are retarded.
>>
>>339694321
>he just promises way too much.
It's freelancer all over again.
>>
>>339690116
>If it ever comes out, sure.
even if they fulfilled every promise and included every feature, it would still be shit
>>
>>339694321
No, I'm not an idiot.

I'm not doing this to get my money back, I'm doing this out of spite.

If they won't give me a refund, I'll give them legal costs and having to keep me a customer.
also....

n the European Union, The Directive on Consumer Rights (2011/83/EC) replaces, as of 13 June 2014, Directive 97/7/EC on the protection of consumers in respect of distance contracts.

the following is stated

4.2.5. The binding nature of pre-contractual information “Accordingly, the information provided on the trader’s website should be binding on the
parties and, if the trader wishes to alter any of its elements, he should obtain the consumer’s
express consent”

4.3.4.1. Time of delivery or performance “The agreed date would then constitute the ‘agreed’ time of delivery, as referred to in
Article 18 (see also Chapter 7 on delivery).”

6. THE RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL

“Article 9 gives the consumer 14 days to withdraw from a distance or off-premises contract
without giving any reason.”

“Accordingly, ’14 days’ in this provision should mean 14 calendar days starting from the day
following the day on which the relevant event occurs (i.e., the conclusion of the contract or
delivery of goods):”
>>
>>339691116
>I recall reading that the most expensive ship available for in game currency purchase can be grinded in game with about a month or two worth of playtime.

there is no game

>>339692641
how much are you in for, commando?
>>
>>339693059
CIG raised $114 million so far. Elon Musk literally made it to space with a prototype rocket for less money.
>>
>>339694409
Thing is the actual game itself is shaping up okay.

Its just he says things are happening by X date but its just such a retardedly optimistic deadline

>>339694469
>I'll give them legal costs

So you don't think you'll be paying legal costs yourself for losing on precedent?

oh, and thanks for being a petty cunt. I'm sure everyone appreciates you wasting the company's money. Next time think about your donation.
>>
File: 1463477148608.gif (2 MB, 468x278) Image search: [Google]
1463477148608.gif
2 MB, 468x278
>>339694514
>there is no game

Find me a definition of a game that doesn't qualify what is already out as one, friend.

I'd be fucking impressed if you did.
>>
>>339693650
>They offered refunds to people and set a change of date for their ToS which made it harder for people to cry about the fact they donated to a kickstarter and expected a game the next year from scratch.

They actually fulfilled the refund requests for a span of two months or so, because Derek Smart backed them into a corner. Nobody expected the game after a year, but they expected something other than Roberts blowing $60 million on unusable mo-cap and playing director with AAA actors, then fucking off to the Monaco Grand Prix and his own vineyard on Capri while nothing that isn't utterly broken has materialized after 3.5+ years.
>>
>>339689947
Game is in development hell, dont touch it with a ten foot jpeg, even for $35.
>>
>>339694615
I literally only have to pay a £70 fee to litigate them.

It's pretty much a straight forward case, CIG might have changed their TOS, but their ToS is not the agreement (trade) that was conducted.

Neither can they decline the 14 day refund period, or claim they cannot issue refunds after 14 days, because the definition of said law is that goods must be delivered before the clock starts ticking off those 14 days.

Technically every UK/EU citizen that has pledged/bought from CIG directly from their website can issue a refund claim, ACCORDING TO LAW!
>>
>>339694802
How much was your pledge for?
>>
>>339689947
>15k to the power of 0

sounds expensive
>>
>>339694723
>what is already out

lel

bet you feel like you already got your money's worth, yes? or are you not an actual whale, but one of the reputation management people they hired with backer funds to try to make it seem like the project isn't already irrevocably damaged
>>
>>339694329
No, it's a eye opener for the ignorant masses of what real game development is like - it takes years, it has major issues, it has long & unexpected delays along the way.

In credit to CIG, they've been extremely open all along about what they're doing and how development is going, people can follow everything, and most of the people crying foul are doing so because of how long its taking to do everything. The masses assume that because their favourite franchise pops a new game every year or two, that all AAA games take around 2 to 3 years to make.

The average gamer just doesn't have the patience to wait for a game if it takes longer than 6 months from initial hype trailer to release.
>>
>>339694873
Nice deflection!
>>
>>339694854
way below the legal costs they'll have to pay to employ a lawyer to counter my claim.

It's why i'm saying i'm doing this out of spite.

It's more of a case of principle. And to set the bar for the ones that surely will try next when i shitpost this at derek smarts forum.
>>
>>339694802
They already fulfilled their promises, and are in the clear regarding Kickstarter conditions. Also, they've already delivered a substantial portion of the game, so you can't claim it hasn't been delivered. Maybe if you asked within two weeks of the Persistent Universe going live, but you didn't. You don't get to buy an MMO, play for the free month, and then demand a refund seven months later. That's not how the law works, and trying to twist consumer protections laws to threaten money out of them is fraud.
>>
>>339694939
Yeah, so I was right.

Petty cunt, indeed. You won't get your money back, and you'll just have wasted everyone's time and money.

I'm sorry that you're so anal blasted that your £35 donation to a kickstarter hasn't been fulfilled. Be a responsible adult and check the URL of the site next time, because "kickstarter" should have rung some bells up there.
>>
>>339694876
>In credit to CIG, they've been extremely open all along about what they're doing and how development is going

then why is it that i have to learn about dropped features and blown release dates by derek smart's inside sources? cig produces dozens of hours of video a week, but none of it offers anything but a pitch for the next sale and promises of features that never come.

>justagamemode.com
>>
>>339694912
>he thinks a broken pre-pre-pre-pre alpha with no features, literally hundreds of crash bugs, broken animations, broken physics, and 7FPS on an $8000 2016 PC that shits itself when more than three people try to play at the same time is a "game"
>>
>>339695105
Derek's literally insane and 90% of what he says is never backed up or turns out to be completely baseless.

I have no idea why you're actually putting any kind of stock into that Soprano sounding moron.

>>339695207
Still haven't defined game for me, champ.
>>
>>339695060
That's what brits are like. They're incredibly spiteful and passive aggressive. Try dealing with them when they're anywhere abroad in Europe.
I sincerely hope they withdraw from the union so they'll hopefully have to go through more trouble to come throw up in the streets while hassling the locals here. I'd rather have niggers and muslims than brits.
>>
>>339695024
>they already fulfilled their promises

Son, I don't think you realize how a trade works.

They made a sale, it's a mutual transaction.

I'm not pledging, I'm purchasing.

I'm not filing this with kickstarter, I'm filing this with their website (store).

That is how the law works, kid.

Lets say you buy a landmower that costs £500 from a random store online.

They send you the generic "14 day warning notice" at day of sale.

14 days passes, you have not received product. Are you entitled to a refund still?

Yes.

another 14 days passes, are you entitled to a refund still?

Yes.

3 additional days passes.

Product has not been shipped, and obviously not been received.

Are you entitled to a refund?

obviously, yes. and by law after 30 days you can FORCE a refund.

sure it might be 'scummy' to file a refund against CIG, but who the fuck cares. They gotta play the rules like all other merchants.

No delivered goods (per agreement ) = refund elligble
product differs from initial agreement = refund elligble

Changing your ToS doesn't change any of this.
>>
>>339695325
>I'm not pledging, I'm purchasing.

literally wrong, right off the bat.

Perhaps you should actually read those terms of service by the way.
>>
>>339695383
You're the one who is wrong, friend.

I did not pledge a kickstarter, I made purchases from their website directly.
>>
>>339695325
what was it, strictly speaking, that you purchased and they failed to deliver? You're demanding a refund, but for what? What did you spend money on?
>>
>>339695060
Be fair here, kick starter is not a donation, it's advance payment for a product and US courts recognizes it as such. Kick start actually does not allow donations technically (even if pretty much every project has that 1-5 dollar "you have our thanks" tier).

>>339694876
>The masses assume that because their favourite franchise pops a new game every year or two, that all AAA games take around 2 to 3 years to make.
Star Citizen has been in development since 2011. 2012 if considering the change in engine (though that doesn't mean the had to restart from scratch)
>>
>>339695432
Yeah, so you didn't read the terms of service.

They're not purchases.

Hell, they haven't even "failed to deliver".
>>
>>339695549
Terms of service does not overwrite the law.

shit son, that's whats funny.

if they bring their TOS to court they'll get shat on.
>>
>>339695527
>it's advance payment for a product and US courts recognizes it as such

Trouble is it gets real fucky when it comes to software.

Can shit out half-broken stuff thats barely fit for purpose (which was SC even years ago) and they'd still be fine.

>>339695608
They wouldn't have to, they've already won a case exactly like this. Wouldn't go any differently.
>>
>>339695664
They won the previous case becasue the dingus who filed the claim didn't include any laws to WHY he was entitled to the claim.

That and he didn't issue CIG a 30 day notification before the case was filed.

this automatically gives you a penalty when your case gets into court.

Unlike him, I've done this before.
>>
>>339695773
Career moron? Impressive.
>>
>>339695527
>Star Citizen has been in development since 2011. 2012 if considering the change in engine (though that doesn't mean the had to restart from scratch)

They never changed the engine. StarEngine is a modification of CryEngine. Still, the game has barely been in full development for ~8 months, since it took them years to build up the company from scratch and get all their content pipelines finalized. Persistence is now done, so major features like mining, trading, exploration, etc. will be getting turned on very soon, and their cutting-edge procedural generation tech will be spawning tons of new content very soon. Game is in amazing shape considering how little time it's been worked on so far.
>>
>>339695325
Your complete and utter ignorance to the law is hilarious

You have literally no grounds to sue anyone for any kickstarter backed project, or even from purchasing off their website for incomplete products.
>>
>>339695825
thanks, friend.

I'm a perma-neet who do this kinda shit for fun.
>>
>>339695325
you donated money, and that money was spent. you didn't get your NPR tote bag yet because they're still sweing the best motherfucking tote you ever saw. go ahead and sue. the judge will slap you silly for being so retarted.
>>
>>339695883
>I'm a perma-neet

You didn't have to tell me, anon.

It basically seeps from your every post.
>>
>>339695245
>Still haven't defined game for me, champ.
you still haven't explained why their "open development" doesn't offer actually information on the state of development.

defend anything from justagamemode.com

i'll wait.
>>
>>339695894
>donated money
>taxes
*rubs hands aggressively*
yes goyim, donations.

You cannot claim donations unless you're a non-profit organization / charity organization.
>>
>>339695976
Thats your second deflection.

Really simple request, goonie.
>>
>>339696030
this is your fifth.

and i already said a broken, featureless alpha that crashes every five minutes isn't a game.
>>
FUCK OF BERSERK SHART

STOP ENDANGERING MY INVESTMENT WITH YOUR LIES

NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY LYME OF DEFENESTRATED ANYWAY YOU JEALOUS DINK
>>
>>339696084
>and i already said a broken, featureless alpha that crashes every five minutes isn't a game.

That isn't a definition, and such a thing would still qualify as a game, anon.

Not that SC could be called featureless, mind you.
>>
>>339695826
>the game has barely been in full development for ~8 months

wat
>>
>>339694469
Ganbatte your best anon!
>>
goons pls go

i love that goons shit on this game because their dead gay comedy forum no longer has the clout to direct community management so they are in control. they tried a powerplay to supllant the mods at the cig forums, and then they got bitchslapped back into their place they all cried and ran to hide under uncle derek's skirt, but they are so sad and cultish they couldnt just go back to their fading goon valour in eve, and have to keep relentlessly shitting on the game. honestly sad how some people just cant handle an ambitious game that they're not allowed to be in control of. that goes for goons and publishers who are trying to make it fail. sad all around, imo.
>>
>>339692668
Crowdfunding falls within donations/rewards/loans/equity

It is not considered a normal purchase like buying a game.

You have literally no grounds to sue them on. UK law is exceptionally clear on this. You are willingly surrendering money on the promise of a future reward, but there is NO obligation for the other party to obey whatever they promised.

Also, considering they have delivered on making a part of a game even if you could convince a judge that they lied (which they didn't) you would still have no grounds to sue them.
>>
>>339696157
Pedantry aside, the "game" is still hot garbage, and it always will be hot garbage.
>>
>>339696452
>Pedantry

No, it was you saying something pretty explicit and clear and it being fucking wrong, nigger.

Get out.
>>
>>339696407
If they ever were to claim they are donations in court, it'd set them in position to be charged with fraud.

They aren't an entity that is legally capable to claim donations / charity.

Their company simply is not registered in the proper fashion for it.

That is why all of their transactions are taxed, because they cannot claim they are donations.

the word pledge could arguably just be another word for 'donation' in this case, money held hostage because of terminology.

In the eyes of financial status, and law, the transactions that are not omitted to the kickstarter campaign are purchases, for legal reasons.

>You have literally no grounds to sue them on.

what are you, a CIG employee or something?

Or are you mad because I'm simply utilizing a system that is there to be utilized.
>>
>>339695247
That's why I life in east London.
>>
>CiG spends hundreds of thousands to move from affordable Austin TX to ultra-expensive Santa Monica
>now literally five minutes from the convention center where E3 is
>skips E3 in 2015 but promises to blow everybody's dick off with their 2016 presentation
>confirms appearance for 2016
>pulls out at the last minute, claiming that nobody can make the 5 minute drive to show off all of the amazing work they're doing
>Roberts' harridan wife accidentally posts pictures of him sailing in the Mediterranean when he claimed he'd be working on the game in the UK

game is still gunna be great but the optics on this are bad. derp shart doesn't even need shit to go nuts, and this is just handing him ammunition.
>>
>>339695826
I'm a software dev and have been quite surprised at the good progress they seem to be making.

It's very illuminating to see the kinds of unrealistic ideas people have about game development.
>>
>>339696513
nope. getting to justagamemode.com anytime soon? or was roberts right when he said "i get annoyed when people keep asking me 'where is [feature we hyped up for literally 18 months, claiming it was weeks away over and over again until we just stopped mentioning it]?;, well you have FPS, you have boarding in the game now, so uh... there you go."
>>
>>339689947
*rolls eyes*

ugh, you dont have to buy it, stop being such a hater, lol I bet you dont even have a girlfriend lol what a loser.
>>
>>339696254
Probably something about multiple internal and external studios finally working together at "full capacity"

Which is nonsense, since the game has always been in development in "modules". Doesn't matter how small the dev team was when it started, the game HAS in development since 2011 and preview modules being first released in 2013.

I'm not saying that they are dragging their feet, the game is ambitious, but to say that it's only been in "full production" for 8 months is dumb
>>
>>339696697
yeah it's not like the company has been selling those unrealistic ideas or anything

what was the original projected release date again?
>>
>>339696697
the check cleared
>>
>>339696645
>Or are you mad because I'm simply utilizing a system that is there to be utilized.

Well, not that anon but I'm certainly a little mad the state gives you any money to waste your fucking time on this kind of thing that you have no chance of winning due to your incompetence, sure.

>>339696761
>getting to justagamemode.com anytime soon?

Well you're not going to define game for me (because you can't) so why would I bother looking at anything you have to show me past that?

Silly little goon!
>>
frogbear for president

also PAAAARP
>>
>>339696796
No idea, what was it?

Either way I'm an experienced software developer so I tend to understand why release dates slip.
>>
>>339694186
Who the fuck cares what Paypal thinks? They're not a real fucking bank. Never have been. I keep waiting for them to decide to take the wrong guy's account so they can get their asses sued off, but they have a very good legal team as they've confiscated the dosh from multiple high profile donation drives in the past.
>>
For 15k, you should be able to meet with the devs, give creative input, be an NPC, and have shit named after you. There are literally people who make less than that a year, so it's beyond obscene to charge that amount for a fucking vide game.
>>
>>339696829
eh, your attempt to demoralize me isn't working out that well.

You're shilling too hard for it to seem legit.

Nobody defends a company/corporation that loyally in arguments without a cause to do so.

the people namecalling (idiot, ingorant, incompetent) in this thread are either paid, or some very delusional customers that have a sense of loyalty towards a game developer.

Either way, I'm still taking this to court.
>>
>>339696796
You mean back from when they had $3,000,000 instead of $100,000,000 or just from Squadron 42 when they showed it off last year?
>>
>>339697035
Wow, you actually do have legit autism don't you.

I'm not trying to "demoralize" you, and saying everyone calling you a moron (because you are) must be paid is literal paranoia.

They're saying it because its a stupid thing to do.
>>
>>339697127
right, right. friend.

stupid thing to do, to literally pay just £70 to try a case in court that you've won before on similar grounds.
like, you people aren't very subtle.
>>
NEVER
EVER
>>
>>339697127
shills gonna shill
How many thousands did you waste on this anon?
>>
File: 1449445718470.gif (962 KB, 320x260) Image search: [Google]
1449445718470.gif
962 KB, 320x260
>>339697285
$45, and for that I get all the content.

Funny how thats never mentioned in the ebin image macros xddd
>>
File: 0.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
It's amazing what stupid shit that gullible pissants throw their meager paycheck at.

You were a dum dum and paid for something that didn't exist yet. Have the humility to admit you made a bad judgement.
>>
>>339696513
lol

Not him, but this game is straight up never gonna be finished

Idk why any if you niggas is acting differently
>>
>>339695247
where you from senpai?
>>
>>339697412
Might want to change up your very obvious writing style, autismo
>>
Didn't this game run out of funds some months ago? It's the biggest scam of the century.
>>
>>339694939
people might hate anon but i like it. fuck them take every penny you can
>>
ITT why kickstarter is literal cancer.
>>
>>339697528
He won't be taking anything from them, anon. Don't be stupid.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-02-05-45-47.png (341 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-02-05-45-47.png
341 KB, 1080x1920
>>339697473
This is just getting kind of sad
>>
>>339697582
>Kickstarter is responsible for manchildren, financial irresponsibility and shitposting

I don't know about that one, anon.
>>
>>339697609
What the fuck were you trying to show in this image anon?

Really. Got to be more clear on your communication. Might be your autism thats making it difficult for you.
>>
Ive spent $4,200 so far over the past year and a half on this game. Worth every penny.
>>
>>339697720
kek
>>
>>339697473
>>>SA
>>
>>339692308
When retards start realizing that all they were doing was making a donation to the game with in-game ships being a minor side incentive, it's going to be a shitstorm.
>>
>>339697658
its just as responsible as casinos, and those short term high interest loan sites. its there to scam retards and shouldnt be allowed
>>
>>339697954
Darwinism at work, anon.

If you're stupid enough to waste money, you don't deserve it in the first place.
>>
>>339694186
>No consumer protection for consumers.

I would simultaneously like and hate to see this be the end of crowdfunding in this form, simply because it's exploitative.

Unfortunately that means a lot of great products and projects don't get made either.

>>339696960
>dosh
Stop saying this. It doesn't make you sound cool, it makes you sound like you have Downs.

Just say money.
>>
>>339698241
>simply because it's exploitative.

It isn't, in most cases.

There are legit scams, where someone takes the money and runs, but mostly its people not reading what they put money into and just being "hyped". NEET-faggot falls into the latter category.
>>
>>339694135
>it's okay to use work money on personal vacations

Found the child in the thread. You need to be 18 to post here, kiddo.
>>
>>339694615
>So you don't think you'll be paying legal costs yourself for losing on precedent?

Yurocuck nations don't all have the same civil court setup we have e.g. plaintiff pays defense fees and court costs when they lose their case.

In that respect the Yuropoor countries actually do protect their citizens.
>>
>>339698396
Sorry, do you have any proof that he used "work" money?

You know he was rich before this, right? He invested a lot of capital into the company in the first place.
>>
>>339694876
>it's a eye opener for the ignorant masses of what real game development is like

Anyone who knows about Star Citizen is likely aware that games aren't made overnight. But let's not pretend like it hasn't been continually pushed back with little more than an arena game and hangar simulator to show for it.
>>
>>339698554
>Anyone who knows about Star Citizen is likely aware that games aren't made overnight

So why do they cry like bitches?
>>
>>339698241
>simply because it's exploitative.

It's about as exploitative as a slot machine, lucky dip or a TF2 crate. If you can lose money that easily by pledging to an idea, you would have lost it countless other ways. All legal.
>>
>>339698554
Theres Arena Commander ("arena game") the Hangar Module ("hangar simulator"), Planetside Module, and now Crusader, which is a single-system persistent universe with free-form warping between stations and all that junk.

Its been pushed back many times, but its also proven a particular retard who said "x is impossible" wrong many times, too. Its getting there.
>>
>>339698396
>>it's okay to use work money on personal vacations
I'd also like a hot assumption stated as a fact for $3, berry
>>
>>339695873

Not that anon but

>You have literally no grounds to sue anyone
>Literally posted consumer protection legislation outlining why he was filing suit

I don't normally believe the shill conspiracy shit, but this is pretty unreal.
>>
>>339698847
I can quote law passages too, anon. Doesn't make them applicable.
>>
>>339698937
You're giving the wrong person a (you) there, friend.
>>
File: Assblasted.jpg (94 KB, 600x780) Image search: [Google]
Assblasted.jpg
94 KB, 600x780
>>339698009
>>339697720
>>339697658
>>339697473
>>339697127
>>339696829
>>339696513
>>339696030
>>339695976
>>339695954
>>339695664
>>339695527
Assblasted butthurt autistic shill detected keep projecting it wont stop your shitty game from being a shitty product shouldve spent more time fixing it than shilling it to space weebs.

Also to the britbong, go ahead and sue there asses then post the results here so you can drink in the extra salty tears from all of the autistic shills and maybe even take away some of there shekels. God this makes me so hard just the thought of these shill being so salty

PS. was gonna pay for this shit (not one of the shekle grabbing top tiers) but one of the low tiers until I all the shit these fuckers were stiring which made me think twice about droping a load of dosh for this load of steaming pile of donkey shit so thanks to some of guys who got burned by this don't be silenced or intimidated by shills.

PSS. Also YourSoAssblasted:^)
>>
>>339698631
>So why do they cry like bitches?

>When someone complains about claims made by an entity they paid money to, they're just crying like bitches

I bet you think your mom is crying like a bitch when you pawn her belongings to get money for more .jpg space ships.
>>
>>339698937
>I can quote law passages too, anon. Doesn't make them applicable.

It is if you post applicable legislation.

He doesn't have to win, he even doesn't have to be right to file suit. But the legislation is clearly applicable, whether it protects him or not.
>>
>>339694876
Yeah, whatever happened to Star Marine is just normal game development. Companies always produce games and shitcan them randomly while sacking the contractor without obvious reasons.
>>
>>339699330
Explicitly what claims?

You're very cagey on these matters. I tend to think you heard what you wanted to hear, and when reality rudely intruded, you had a grand mal seizure.
>>
>>339699454
Star Marine wasn't a game in the true sense of the word, wasn't shitcanned, and neither was illfonic.

There are reasons, too. But I believe they might be above your level of understanding.
>>
File: 1297552936936.jpg (10 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1297552936936.jpg
10 KB, 247x248
>>339699118
>Assblasted butthurt autistic shill detected keep projecting

This fucking chain of anus exploded buzzwords

Wow I ought to bring up star citizen here more
>>
>western games
>kickstarter shit

When will people stop falling for the biggest memes in vidya?
>>
File: 1302101379884.png (101 KB, 520x466) Image search: [Google]
1302101379884.png
101 KB, 520x466
>>339699118
>PS. was gonna pay for this shit

>implying you didn't already
>>
path of exile has dad some success in selling retardedly expensive supporter packs

they've had a pack cost 12.5k, and a number of other ones at around 1k usd; and people actually buy them
>>
>>339699479
>You're very cagey on these matters

You do realize you're replying to more than one anon, correct?

I'm not OP and I'm not the Britbongian who is planning to file civil suit.

>Explicitly what claims?

Multiple release dates for multiple modules and unrealistic product.

They've been giving Peter Molyneux a run for his money.
>>
>>339699661
>Multiple release dates for multiple modules

Specifically, what date was promised and what was the actual ship date?

I've been looking for info on it but can't find anything reliable.

Some of you people ought to figure out how to part with $40 with some grace
>>
>>339699731
Not that moron, but there have been multiple dates that have been and gone for arena commander, star marine and basically everything else.

Not really a point thats argued; they did miss deadlines.
>>
>>339699731
or 15k dollars. most importantly, dreams of galactic domination and internet spaceships.
>>
>>339699818

Ya I remember dog fighting module was over a year late. And Star marine was supposed to come out over half a year ago
>>
>>339699818
Yes but it's the magnitude of the delay that makes all the difference

Did it slip by a year? Then yeah I could understand a bit of anger

Did it slip by four months? Then no the outrage is pissy-pants stuff
>>
>>339699731
>Some of you people ought to figure out how to part with $40 with some grace

>Implying I spend money on this

I just like coming to these threads because I allow this as my one outlet for petty drama.
>>
>>339689947
It's not coming out
>>
>>339699921
Its complicated.

By the original kickstarter estimates, the whole game should have shipped years ago.
>>
>>339697945
>When retards start realizing that all they were doing was making a donation to the game with in-game ships being a minor side incentive
That's exactly what most of the people dropping that kind of money are already thinking though. They literally think this game is their savior and they're willing to refinance their homes to see it come to fruition.
>>
File: tears taste so good.jpg (96 KB, 643x720) Image search: [Google]
tears taste so good.jpg
96 KB, 643x720
>>339699621
lol go ahead and try just gonna get shut down more
>>339699621
Hahhaha this delusional to think everyone bought your indie game that hasn't even came out yet guess you really were assblasted

Honestly if you want me or anyone else to buy your game your gonna have have to step up your own game of shilling :^)cus honestly i'm not sold man these sweet sweet gold shekels i have are burning a hole in my wallet damn sooo much money to throw at kickstarters damn if I only knew which one ?Pro-Tip None is the best answer save ur money kids :^)
>>
>>339700443
>indie
>>
game (or development) is dying because they're running out of money. simple.
>>
>>339692641
>senior people leaving the company
>official forum posts
>remaking shit over and over
>coffee machines, sliding doors, and luxury furniture that costs thousands of dollars
>making it up

I don't like the goons either, anon, but it's kind of hard to make shit up when the company is incompetent and blatant about it.
>>
>>339700814
General reminder you're saying the game is in danger because of a fucking coffee machine.

You drank the kool-aid, and worse, it was GOON kool-aid.
>>
>>339700884
>General reminder you're saying the game is in danger because of a fucking coffee machine.

That anon clearly pointed out other issues.

Here's some more
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/features/14715-CIG-Employees-Talk-Star-Citizen-and-the-State-of-the-Company.2
>>
>>339694135
>>Nobody is allowed time off

Enough of this meme.

You have to admit that taking a picture like that sends out the wrong message when the game is still in sad state after 4+ years.
>>
>>339700998
This.

It might not actually mean anything, but it looks terrible. And looking like you're not a piece of shit is about as important as not actually being a piece of shit.

I mean

>Nah bro I didn't steal your PS4 to buy crack!
>Said while smoking crack with pawn ticket for PS4.
>>
>>339700998
>You have to admit that taking a picture like that sends out the wrong message when the game is still in sad state after 4+ years.
To retards with zero cognitive abilities, maybe
Everyone else realizes that holidays is something everyone has a right to, and unless you can prove he's embezzling company funds to go on 3-month vacations in the Caribbeans you're just getting upset for no reason
>>
ITT: Vedfurtrannies defending their shitty, minimally viable game.
>>
>>339700986
Is this the article that cited ID cards and Glassdoor reviews as a source of verification when the company doesn't use them at all?
>>
>>339695060

One man's petty cunt is another man's hero. I hope he gives CIG a bloody nose.
>>
>developer has a history of fraudulent and incompetent behavior in both Hollywood and in the vidya industry
>backers taking the developer to court
>shills and fanboys on constant damage control
>>"minimally viable"

So many red flags
>>
>>339701275
He sure is a """"hero"""" for being fiscally irresponsible and then inconveniencing a company!

I sure hope he wastes other people's money and actually causes problems for development, what a """""hero""""!

Yeah, nah, he's a cunt.

Still going to lose and not really affect CIG at all, but that doesn't change that.
>>
>>339689947
You can buy it with in-game currency when it comes out I believe.
>>
>>339695060
Can't believe you are seriously taking CIG's side here for pulling the scam of the century.
>>
>339701715

Sunk costs fallacy to the extreme.
>>
It's amusing. This whole charade.

The funniest part is how Something Awful goons like to think that they are more intelligent than 4channers, but they are the ones who got cucked by this scam.
>>
File: 32451265546.jpg (93 KB, 873x489) Image search: [Google]
32451265546.jpg
93 KB, 873x489
Everything's ok.
>>
>>339701132

Tell that to Kevin Costner
>>
>>339701451
>""""hero""""

Your plebbit is showing
>>
2014 /v/ called, they want their ebin memes back

Oh and they asked you not to use "vaporware xdddd" too
>>
>>339701715

It's probably some faggot from one of their European offices that's been asked to shill every so often.

Just proves how fucking stupid CIG really is when they think that /v/ is totally cozy with crowdfunding garbage.
>>
I can't decide guys

should I get the completionist pack for Chris Roberts' Star Citizen: An Epic Space Simulator from Chris Roberts

or should I get the INEZ 24-carat gold-plated vibrator: https://www.lelo.com/inez

on the one hand that's a lot of virtual ships but on the other hand i cannot stick virtual ships in my ass
>>
Reminder that the /vg/ guild, the Vederation, was overtaken by a group of former furries from SomethingAwful

Reminder that they have a furry moderator that policies the SC general whenever it's up because space autists cannot handle any banter or dissent

Reminder that their officer corps has tumblr and furaffinity accounts

Reminder that they do everything for free.
>>
>>339702405

Get with the /vg/ guild, the Vederation. One of their officers, Plaxinov, works quality control at Bad Dragon. I'm sure he can give you a good review

If it can fit up Plax's ass, it's good to go.
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.