[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hirokazu Tanaka
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1464846717801[1].jpg (33 KB, 800x621) Image search: [Google]
1464846717801[1].jpg
33 KB, 800x621
>The texture of the work was partially influenced by some salsa, reggae, and dub music.
>Speaking about Frank Zappa's Make a Jazz Noise Here (1991), Tanaka felt that Zappa would have been the best at creating a live performance of Mother music, but could not detail Zappa's specific influence on EarthBound.
>Additionally, he felt that the mix tape Wired Magazine Presents: Music Futurists (1999) presented a particular selection of artists which embody the ethos of EarthBound, running the gamut from space age composer Esquivel to avant-garde trumpeter Ben Neill, along with innovators Sun Ra, Steve Reich, Todd Rundgren, Brian Eno, and Can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=122&v=2pgXUChQcx0
>>
>>339684662
He's got good taste, can tell you that.
>>
File: bxw25h[1].jpg (26 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
bxw25h[1].jpg
26 KB, 500x376
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h71-oCBuJ3k&index=36&list=PL74EE7E6C2A3439BD
>>
>>339685923
love how playful the sound staging is with headphones
>>
Sad thing is that history will remember Mother 4 and tumblrtale as having better music
>>
>>339687421
>dwelling on what you believe is a shitty future instead of celebrating what you already

fucking /v/
>>
>>339689032
I'm dwelling because the future is now, and the celebration is over.
>>
>>339689214
Celebreation is forever anon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Fucking celebrate you dickless faggot

>>339685923
This theme always sucked to me because I only really ever heard the intro bongos with that synth. It's not bad but the rest of the song is so much better, not many fights last long beyond that intro.
>>
>>339689501
> the song is so much better, not many fights last long beyond that intro.
Agreed.

Makes me wish for a hard mode patch that extends battles, forcing you to use shields and things when hordes of enemies appear, rather than going full offensive.

I also I dig that Mother 4 sampled that.
>>
No offense to Mother 3 but it lacked the crazy techno vibe Earthbound had (Besides that fight against the electric robot guy).
>>
>>339689705
I know for a fact that Mother 1 has received several fan-made patches to alter balance/visuals without restructuring the core story/events; does Earthbound have a rebalance patch of sorts? Something that makes battles a bit more strategic would be real interesting.
>>
>>339689797
Natural Killer Cyborg has got to be my favorite theme in Mother. The Micheal Jackson influence is obvious but so well executed.

Earthbound had the better standout tunes, but Mother 3 had better battle music by far imo
>>
>>339689831
I recall hearing about a kind of rhythm patch where he combat was to the beat like in 3 but idk what happened with it
>>
File: Starman[1].png (73 KB, 402x493) Image search: [Google]
Starman[1].png
73 KB, 402x493
>>339689797
It was good in a far less experimental way. I really love Earthbound's ambiance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOCkTgJPZ_s&index=8&list=PL74EE7E6C2A3439BD

>woOOOOoooOP!
>>
File: 1464281041566.png (303 KB, 672x694) Image search: [Google]
1464281041566.png
303 KB, 672x694
>>339690000
That would have put 2 so far above the others that it would be insane.

Why can't mother fans ever finish their projects. At least the Mother remake isn't dead yet.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.