[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think the next 3D Mario will be like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: mario_moves3.jpg (3 MB, 3500x2500) Image search: [Google]
mario_moves3.jpg
3 MB, 3500x2500
What do you think the next 3D Mario will be like?
>>
>>339680386
>Not including Sunshine in that in fear of faggots worrying their game has less than 64
>>
>>339680386
3d world shouldn't be up there. It's not a real 3D Mario game.
Also, omitting some moves really isn't a big deal. How often did you actually do shit like the trip?
I'm hoping for something like 64 though. It had strong variety. Plus, I enjoy being IN the Mario world and not floating in space above it.
>>
You forgot the Spin Move in Galaxy,

crouch rolling, crouch roll jump, and spin jumping in 3D World
>>
>>339680386
To be fair the crawling and melee in 64 was fucking useless and I've never really seen anyone complain about it.

And adding 3D World is kinda unfair because that shit was meant to play more like the 2d games.
>>
3D World was a real 3D Mario

Wii U was great

War is Peace
>>
>>339681484
>I don't like it so it doesn't count
cry harder
>>
>>339680386
But first...
>>
The 64/Sunshine/Galaxy series shouldn't really be called "3D Mario" to alleviate the confusion as to why most fans don't think 3DW belongs among them, as it's obviously 3D and obviously Mario

I'd prefer to call them Open World Mario games (OWM) which 3DW is distinctly different from.
>>
>>339681651
>isn't really a big deal
>cry harder
I...what?
>>
Why don't you include the new mechanics too, faggot?
>>
>>339681651
Comparing 3D World to everything else is like comparing A Link Between Worlds to every other 3D Zelda Game, they play completely differently.
>>
>>339681790
More like Mario Collect-a-thons.
Galaxy 2 is barely Open World.
>>
>>339681543
>You forgot
she didn't forgot anything

it's a troll picture and was intended as such

she didn't even play these games
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 400x386
>>339682130
>she
>>
>>339681128
Sunshine isn't included because a lot of mechanics are replaced with FLUDD which would pretty much ruin the chart
>>
>>339681942
I don't include Galaxy 2 in the same list either, it's much more like 3DW. 3DW is incidentally also a sequel, so it seems like a requirement is that it can't be a direct sequel.
>>
>>339682130
>she
Why the fuck
>>
File: 1461251911730.jpg (8 KB, 220x276) Image search: [Google]
1461251911730.jpg
8 KB, 220x276
oh boy its this thread again
>>
>including moves that have disappeared from mario 64 but not including the moves that have been introduced to replace them
>counting hats in mario 64 as 'moves' but not counting galaxy's items which were considerably more numerable
>implying crawling, climbing, and cannons were removed from mario galaxy
is this a troll post or is OP just really dumb
>>
>>339680386
Galaxy had a powerup that was identical to wing cap, and also had cannons
>>
>>339680386
But in SMG you can crouch and also walk while crouching which basically counts as crawling. You can also fly using the red star and swing up on tall objects like in SM64. You also got cannons in SMG2 I think and I believe you can side step as well in both galaxy games.
>tfw got baited
I got nothing to do anyway
>>
>>339682236
>>339682452

Sorry, meant to say xhe
>>
>>339680386
>only using 64 images
3D World has some decent movement of its own (like the cat suit and the momentum tricks you could do with it, DJing with rosalina, floating as peach, the roll thing you could do), and youre forgetting the spin for Galaxy too
>>
>>339681484
Yeah lets make a Mario enemy image and omit goombas, they arent really a big deal
>>
File: 960.jpg (80 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
80 KB, 960x540
>>339680386
there now this entire image is worthless and OP is retarded lets stop replying now
>>
>>339684305
Goombas have been present since the first game, and many spin offs. Tripping was present in one game. Are you implying they hold the same importance in the mario universe?
>>
>>339680386
Literally omitting all the powerups in 3D World and Galaxy that alter your moveset and abilities
>>
>>339684693
not really a big deal
>>
Galaxy had crouching and crawling.

Fuck off with this weak ass bait.
>>
Why do people obsess over the amount of movement types when the vast majority are incredibly niche or are never particularly useful, and consolidating them doesn't actually make the gameplay worse?

Also why did you skip sunshine faggot
>>
I'd really like to know if the maker of that chart made it so shitty so he can fish more (you)s or if he actually had the audacity to believe nobody would notice.
>>
won't be one.
>>
I always wonder what happened to the punching from SM64. How come melee attacks have never been included in Mario platformers again?
>>
That annoyed me too, OP. I took Mario 64 for granted, and now we have to take a nostalgia safe route with Mario every game. It says a lot when SM64 would be considered risky today.
>>
>>339686710
Miyamoto said it's to difficult for players to hit things in the cruaazy world of Galaxy so he got a spin instead.

In 3D world you have powerups and somee give melee attacks.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.