[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what would you want from a sequel? i enjoyed Year of the Snake,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
what would you want from a sequel?

i enjoyed Year of the Snake, and think an sequel with the chink working directly under HKPD in uniform and all would be based.
>>
>>339669570
More Shen
>>
More Chinese.
>>
File: raptor pepe.jpg (81 KB, 540x272) Image search: [Google]
raptor pepe.jpg
81 KB, 540x272
Wouldn't mind an extension of the story in San Francisco or something with King.
>>
Something set in Cuba or Brazil something would be cool, perfect for the parkour mechanics and you could learn mix/match different martial arts, maybe string combos together like in Godhand.
>>
>>339669570
>Sequel never ever.
The only thing I can think of is make the next one longer and try to set a perfect atmosphere with a different culture/location. Make them the spiritual successors to the True Crime series and bring set them around the world, since GTA only takes place in America now.
>>
>>339669570
Do you mean another True Crime-like or another Sleeping Dogs? If they do Sleeping Dogs again I want the whole game in Cantonese except for where they'd actually speak English to each other. Also I want to be able to play proper Mahjong, it's not that hard.
>>
I think they need to have another True Crime NY. Or remaster the original
>>
>>339669570
New Characters. Same Setting. New Story.
>>
>>339675605
Or maybe have it set somewhere in America like San Francisco or New York where it's something like Triads vs. Yakuza and you play as an undercover cop in the Triads again. It could be neet.
>>
>>339669570
>what would you want from a sequel?
do what True Crime and GTA did by being disconnected from the 1st.
Another setting, new characters.
Would like to see it set in seoul.
No guns allowed.
Seoul being crowded as f in terms of traffic, road/building layout would make some interesting missions.
Bang wannabe korean idols.
Combat system with some actual combos.
>>
>>339673892
I mean sleeping dogs, that's why I mentioned YOTS. it wasn't the best DLC, but playing as Wei decked out in HKPD uniform and strolling HK was fucking cool.

I'd like to see the setting of the second one like that, playing as Wei as a street cop rather than undercover.

I also agree with you that making the majority dialogue cantonese would be far superior than majority English and just a little cantonese.

Of course there is also the non brainer, such as increased map size. I'd definitely like to see some surrounding cities included, such as Guangzhou, though I guess that contradicts my wanting of Wei as being a man in HKPD service.
>>
>>339676347
Make Sleeping Dogs 2 a homage to Super Cop
>>
>>339669570
> the chink

I assume you mean the MC, but in a game where everyone is fucking Chinese chink isn't a specific description.

>>339672636
They hinted at a sequel when they shut down the MMO nobody asked for, but specifically mentioning they knew it wasn't what we wanted.

>>339673892
He means another Sleeping Dogs. SD has nothing to do with the True Crime series, other than being considered for release under that name before the publisher dropped it.

As for me, I want more character interaction like dating and friendships, and a more robust combat system.

They sort of experiments with different move sets as dlc costumes. If really prefer that integrate different fighting styles into the main system, and have the differences matter.
>>
>>339676764
>more character interaction like dating and friendships

>phone rings
>WEI! IT'S YO BROTHA LET'S GO KARAOKE!!
>Wei, me so horny. want sucky sucky and live you long time
Nah
>>
Just MMO my shit up, senpai. While you're at it, put out as little news about it as you can so people won't give a fuck about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 273x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 273x325
>>339676927
> not wanting more Not Ping

Ishygddt
>>
a bigger more realistic hong kong
>>
>>339677512
second SD needs to be the San Andreas to GTA3, desu.

Bigger HK, and a city bordering Guangdong to top it off late game.
>>
>>339669570
If this ever does get a sequel, I really hope United Front sticks with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" formula. Sleeping Dogs was fun, had a solid Grade A double cop story, and terrific voice acting so keep on with those. Add a bigger map, more missions, maybe a custom combo option, etc. I'd like to see Wei's story also continued, but if they do decide on a new protagonist, I hope they keep the setting in Hong Kong.

Also, I'm always surprised with /v/'s opinion on this game. The majority of /v/ always praise this game, with very few haters in the threads.
>>
File: a-better-tomorrow-ii.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
a-better-tomorrow-ii.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
If they bring the gunplay back then they should ditch the cover based bullshit and make the gun play full on John Woo style. Double Guns, lots of acrobatic shit while shooting, things like that. It'd be cool if they had you do some John Wick type stuff where you mix guns with your melee attacks.
>>
>>339678057
trip to macau would be cool too!
>>
>>339669570
Center the next plot around an undercover cop in kowloon walled city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EacVa0Ge1sM
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.