[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what did you think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 640x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 640x325
So, what did you think?
>>
The characters aren't very interesting
>>
File: 2016-06-01_15-48-59.jpg (473 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-01_15-48-59.jpg
473 KB, 1920x1080
Starts great
Becomes really meh once Regis leaves and you hang out with the Duchess doing bullshit
Becomes good-great in the fantasy world.

That part where you, Regis and Dwhatever his name was fight like 30 guys was fucking awesome.
>>
>>339666765
also, the side quests are really fucking bleh and don't have satisfying endings. Wine Wars is legit the worst quest in all of Witcher games/expansions.

So much bullshit busy work side quests in B&W.
>>
File: 1449201493872.webm (3 MB, 1278x716) Image search: [Google]
1449201493872.webm
3 MB, 1278x716
I haven't played any of the DLCs, but I received the base game as a gift on Steam and have to say that it isn't a very good game. It winning so many GOTY awards is really a mystery, especially since Bloodborne came out the same year.
>>
>>339666864
Is the first witcher worth playing? Really loved the second and third.
>>
File: memer4.png (345 KB, 853x437) Image search: [Google]
memer4.png
345 KB, 853x437
>We have witnessed many great and weighty events. I believe we deserve a bit of a rest

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>339667049
Its good. Its hard to get into the combat but if you can get past that it should be enjoyable till the end. Its the most accurate when it comes to Witchering. Requiring you to read books, do the oil and potion prep work in Alchemy etc

However, the notice board quests are super fucking awful and most people say just don't do them.
>>
Story is honestly on par with base Witcher 3, which was kind of bland. Neither was as good as Hearts of Stone storywise.

Loved the area itself though. It's probably the best designed world space.
>>
>>339667193
>the notice board quests are super fucking awful and most people say just don't do them
They're wrong, you just do them while you're on the story quests.
>>
File: Svalbard-Islands.jpg (74 KB, 550x330) Image search: [Google]
Svalbard-Islands.jpg
74 KB, 550x330
>Bought the game and season pass during a sale
>Have barely touched the game since the open world feels bland and boring to run around
>Not to mention all those points of interest I can't help but go to because muh autism and power gaming
I really want to like the game...
>>
>>339667323
I liked the area, but I wouldn't say its better than Velen. Better than Skellige? Sure

Touissant always had the same look. Velen had the swamps, green forests, Novigrad, beaches, spooky bits and shit.
>>
>>339667093
No more Geralt adventures :( Its so sad wandering around an empty Kaer Morhern knowing everyone is far away doing their thing and that the group will never be together ever again. And yes, I know about Keira in Kaer Morhern but she said she was gonna travel with Lambert so it doesn't count.
>>
>>339666917
Whos the angry cuck in the row behind?
>>
>>339666917
>muh souls
You fags aren't even subtle anymore, every fucking time in witcher thread bunch of you fucktards show up
>>
>>339667685
I liked Novigrad, but I couldn't bring myself to like Velen outside of the set pieces.
>>
File: rick-scott.jpg (31 KB, 250x313) Image search: [Google]
rick-scott.jpg
31 KB, 250x313
>>339666917
>Bloodclone
>GOTY
>>
>>339668636
Marcin IwiƄski, co-founder of CD Projekt
>>
>>339668636
cdpr's co-founder
>>
>>339668973
>CD Projekt
The fuck is he so mad about then?
This has gone from funny to confusing rapidly.
>>
>>339666061
Haven't finished it yet.
I like it so far, but I have encountered a few very annoying glitches which prevent progress.
I will await the hotfix patch and give it more attention then.

As for what I have played I'm glad they finally added in some form of housing for Geralt, and expanded mutagen slots which was long overdue. The environments are great, skellige deck seems like it will be amusing to play with for awhile, and gear dye will add a lot of fashion role play hours for me.

I can see getting a lot of extra hours out of this expansion so overall I call it a success, just needs a hotfix.

>>339668113
>he didn't kill keira
she's ugly bro, kill that skank.

>>339667685
>Velen is 90% swamp with poor visibility and no scenery worth noting
>its his favorite area
bad taste bruh

Kaer Morhen > Novigrad > Toussaint > Skellige > Velen
If we are judging pure aesthetics, and not quests within them.
>>
>>339669183
don't think hes mad
just confused
he jumped up and accepted the reward with a smile
he just didnt think he'd win
>>
>>339670253
>>339669183

Jade Raymond, who was presenting the award for best voice actor performance, announced the winner as 'Viva Seifert from the Witcher 3'.

Viva Seifert is the woman from Her Story - which is why he looks so confused.
>>
>>339666864
Don't tell Reddit that. That treat the Witcher 3 like it's a god among men.
>>
>>339666061
Fairy tale part was great,everything other was alright.

It's still better than the main game, but not better than HoS
>>
>>339671930

Just like they treated TLoU like it was a god among men.

Give it another few months for the underage casual normies to forget about Witcher 3 and then it will get shat on even by reddit
>>
File: good combat 4.webm (3 MB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
good combat 4.webm
3 MB, 1024x640
>>339668757

Glad you agree
>>
>>339667093
it was basically the devs saying we need a break from this world. the names on the tombstones in that cemetery at the end were names of devs
>>
>>339674467
Just saying, human soldiers shouldn't be able to do anything to spell casters. This seems like an entirely plausible thing in any fantasy setting
>>
I really kinda liked it. The new region was fun. It felt like less of a chore than Velen, and especially Skellige.

I chose to go find the sister instead of meet the Uber vampire. Was a fun intense fight. I loved that look in the camera at the end.

And of course Ciri moving in with best dad Geralt at the end was the perfect icing on the cake.
>>
>>339666061
Meh.
>>
it honestly sucks. hearts of stone is a billion times better. this might be even worse than the main game.
>>
>>339677404
Me too, I don't understand why it's getting so much hate.
>>
>>339676137
Its a videogame though, realism absolutely has its place but not at the price of well designed gameplay.
>>
>>339677682
The problem with that is that is the last Igni talent which gives it 100% burning chance and Witcher doesn't use diminishing returns or makes it so a unit can't be perma-stunned. Its an issue since launch, they have yet to rebalance the skills.
>>
File: 20160601114236_1.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160601114236_1.jpg
321 KB, 1920x1080
It was decent I guess. Maybe on par with the base game (slightly above average) but it wasn't as good as Hearts of Stone.

Can anyone answer me why the FUCK CDPR thought it would be a good idea to drop the vampire plotline half way through and focus on some boring as fuck black mailers and other nonsense that involved her wine shit? The vampire plots are what saved this DLC from being complete dogshit.

I genuinely preferred Dawnguards plot. Also, what the FUCK is with the side quests? They were for the most part repetitive busy work.

The world looks nice I guess (better than Velen and Skellige imo) but outside of that it had little substance to it. The Old Hunter and Hearts of Stone were better DLCs and I even enjoyed Far Harbour more.

Vivienne best birdfu tho
>>
>>339677996

>
Can anyone answer me why the FUCK CDPR thought it would be a good idea to drop the vampire plotline half way through and focus on some boring as fuck black mailers and other nonsense that involved her wine shit? The vampire plots are what saved this DLC from being complete dogshit.

Fuck this. Regis single handedly saved this abortion. Also, WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING WITH THE WINE WARS SIDE QUESTS?!?!?!
>>
>>339666061

Both princesses are fucking retarded. I liked the rest of the characters tho. Being a wigman to my knight bro on the tournament and selfie shooting count were the most memorable side quests.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.