[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's this game? looks pretty cozy and I need a cozy game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Autumn_RoG_poster.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Autumn_RoG_poster.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
How's this game? looks pretty cozy and I need a cozy game.
>>
gets tiring soon
>>
>>339652349

It's good but gets repetitive eventually.
All the variety they added (DLC/Characters) helps a lot to keep it from getting TOO repetitive. But sooner or later you will find out the best survival strategy and from then onward each time you play you will feel like you are playing the same way. Unless you sort of make a self imposed challenge.
>>
>>339652349
Beginning is rough obviously. You get a satisfying feeling when you're basically set for life at one point but you still feel nice just doing chores around the campsite. I recommend making quite a few effigies and venturing around in cave systems when you start to wonder if you're getting bored.
I found a way to survive just off Monster Jerky and Straight Honey.
>>
>>339652349
if you keep your sanity high you can consider it to be cozy
>>
>Autumn and Winter are comfiest seasons
>Bearger is comfiest Giant
>End Game is where you make it
>Have 800 hours on it myself
>Still like it
Can't all be as autistic as me.

That being said, I'd recommend you buy it when it's on sale
>>
>>339652349
It's not fucking cozy at all, it's literally Anxiety Simulator.

I got pretty disheartened after collecting 50 honey to hopefully survive winter and one night of rain killed all my sanity. I don't even know how the game expects you to make progress.
>>
Get Banished instead
Or both
>>
I've only tried Don't Starve Together with friends.
It just wasn't fun...
>>
>Cozy

you mean comfy? than no, that game is not comfy. there's always a sense of dread.
>>
This game is like the opposite of comfy for most of the time you're playing it.
Constantly stressing out about not having certain materials, managing three meters (sanity, health, and hunger), having a fucked combat system, never having enough room in your inventory, chests only holding 9 items.
The game is like one big bother to play, and yet I still played like 60 hours.
Once you find a strategy that gets you set for life, there is little incentive to play more, seeing as you've accomplished the objective of not starving.

Winter is comfiest season, rarely have to do anything besides worrying about freezing bc food goes rotten way slower so as long as you had jerky reserved you're good
>>
Play Prison Architect or Banished instead.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.