[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A friend of mine is telling me he's going to buy a 3DS for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: DSCF6667.0.jpg (272 KB, 2040x1360) Image search: [Google]
DSCF6667.0.jpg
272 KB, 2040x1360
A friend of mine is telling me he's going to buy a 3DS for the third time, after getting both 3DS and 3DS XL and selling them in immediate remorse.

Now he wants to buy a new 3DS. How can I stop him of becoming a nintendrone? He even went to V recommended games and didn't see any game that he's interested in, but he needs to buy something to feel remotely alive.
>>
>>339649925
Are you his mom? Let the guy do what he wants.
>>
>>339649925
tell him to buy a vita
>>
>>339650003
He actually told me to open this thread so I'm sure he's lurking around to read your responses.
>>
>>339650071
He already owns every console from the past three generations and some old ones aswell.

He's depressed and needs to keep buying in orther to alleviate that feeling.
>>
>>339649925
Tell him to buy a guitar, so he can start playing something else.
>>
>>339650264
no better way to alleviate depression than to play Nintendo games, unless it's neonintendo games...
>>
>>339650264
That sounds exactly like me, anon. Nothing will ever fill the void. No matter how much I consume, I'm always hungry.

Or maybe things will change after I get that next console or game I want...
>>
File: 1452654059667.jpg (67 KB, 604x354) Image search: [Google]
1452654059667.jpg
67 KB, 604x354
>>339650089
Why didn't he make the thread?
>>
>>339649925
>Let him get his 3DS
>Let him hack it and have access to the entire NES, almost all of SNES, GB, GBA and 3DS games
>Let him enjoy vidya
>>
>>339650680
He's telling he won't buy a ps4 neo but I don't know what to believe at this point. He also gets any game he wants, but he isn't specially keen to play them.

>>339650647
He has every Nintendo console and the only Mario he likes is 3D Land. He also doesn't like any other Nintendo series. He just wants to buy something.
>>
>>339650781
I think he wants /v/ to convince him to buy one or not.

>>339651034
He has all those consoles, with games and all, and won't play any.
>>
>>339650264
I know a guy like this. Owns literally every current system and handheld + almost their entire libraries. When he does play games, I'm pretty sure he does it entirely to farm trophies/cheevos.

Pretty bizarre.
>>
>>339651042
Same anon here.

I used to know a guy who had a rich daddy. He had every game and console imaginable, though he only played the same handful of them. He always invited "friends" over for parties as well. Yet, he was one of the lonelinest people I've ever known.

At least I know that when I try to buy myself to happiness, it's a futile endeavor, and the void can never be filled externally.
>>
Call him a retard for buying any system with no games he wants.
>>
Your friend is an idiot. You should stop being friends with him
>>
>>339651461
At least he plays, man. You should be thankful for that.

Mine just sits lurking here all day, since it seems /v/ gives him the kind of feeling of acomplishment that playing gives, I guess.
>>
>He needs to buy something to feel remotely alive
Try another hobby. Like models.
>>
>>339650089
So basically you're this guys bitch who does whatever he asks.
You gonna suck him dry in a little bit too?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 266x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 266x400
>>339651823
I don't think OP's friend wants to go down that path...
>>
>>339651998
Well fuck it looks like he needs to constantly buy something. What better hobby than one where you do literally nothing but buy things?
>>
He's reading you so you can all send a message to him.

What would you tell him?
>>
>>339652154
Treat your depression. See a doctor, get a job, try a new hobby.
>>
>>339652131
A fulfilling life with fulfilling relationships sounds like a more fun hobby, anon. Bonus points for being comfortable in your own skin.

I'd suggest reading the book "In The Realm of Hungry Ghosts".
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.