[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this the only relevant RTS game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: starcraft 2.jpg (145 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
starcraft 2.jpg
145 KB, 800x600
Why is this the only relevant RTS game?
>>
>>339636846
>beta screenshot

I'm still mad how much they downgraded the visuals from the beta. The final game looks NOWHERE near as good as this.
>>
>>339637416
This.

SCII ended up looking so much worse than the first game even.
>>
>>339637416
I'm more mad about the kind of people that float 15 thousand fucking minerals/gas are the people that decided how to balance it which resulted in the game turning into a turd.

I'm STILL mad at how bad blizzard maps were and how we were forced into playing them because their ladder was the only game in town
>>
Because the RTS community is unwilling to try new games.
>>
Build order fatigue.
>>
>>339637527
>SCII ended up looking so much worse than the first game even.

Holy nostalgia goggles batman you need to stop glorifying your shitty old outdated game.
>>
>>339637610
Like I can't say this enough. People say spore or whatever - SC2 was my disappointment of my lifetime. I have played SC1 and BW continuously FROM RELEASE to this day.

I wanted nothing more than a sequel and I got it. And it was SHIT.
>>
>relevant
maybe in 2010-2014 , now it's basically on life-support
>>
>>339636846
I loved the beta of SC2. The 1v1 was fun as fuck, and then they took it down for 2 weeks for a new update.
>>
>>339636846
I tried to like it....but it's fucking boring.
>>
If you can just adjust the goddamn game speed in SC2 I would play it again in a heartbeat. It's way too fucking fast to do anything meaningful.
>>
The game is in its death throes, Anon.

RTS is dead and its going to stay dead until someone comes up with a way for the genre to actually be about strategy and micromanagment instead of just slapping away at your keyboard for build orders and MUHH APM.

Only gooks enjoy that kind of gameplay.
>>
>>339636846
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

I'm sorry... you were saying?
>>
>>339638096
If there are multiple ways to do something, someone will find the most efficient way to do it. Build orders are just something you can't avoid in RTS.
>>
>>339636846
Because its one of the few skirmishy fast paced style RTS games out there from recent years where as most RTS games I've found more recently tend to be slower paced. It is literally king of a subgenre within RTS and the only other competitor for it really is its predecessor.

Also RTS is dying and only getting any sort of resurgence in the form of resource management games. Warhammer seems to be the only other big player in RTS these days.
>>
>>339638293
Looks like a mobile game and they were throwing around words like "MOBA" and "most accessible DOW yet" in their interview.

It's going to be shit.
>>
>>339636846
Because it's the only rts made today?
>>
>>339638454
They most definitely are, you just need to shake up the core gameplay elements, or the genre is going to die.

There's so little strategy in RTS games like StarCraft and Warcraft it's hilarious they're defined by it.
>>
File: Selendis face closeup.png (676 KB, 1112x668) Image search: [Google]
Selendis face closeup.png
676 KB, 1112x668
Selendis a cute!
A CUTE!
>>
File: 1390984677454.jpg (5 KB, 175x182) Image search: [Google]
1390984677454.jpg
5 KB, 175x182
Warcraft 3 still has a tiny, but very active community.
>>
People just seem to fail to make good RTS games anymore. I thought Grey Goo was going to revive some of the genre, but it has only 50 players because the devs had no clue what they where doing.
I'm kind of looking foward to seing what Halo Wars 2 will be like.
>>
>>339636846
because blizzard made it and people lap up blizzards cold dirty spunk
>>
>>339638096
>>339638454
>>339638661
You do realize those games already exist right?
It's called RTT.
Men of War perfected the art of removing "math" autism. There is no build order of any sort, everything is situational and everything is viable.
>>
>>339638801
The modding scene still seems to be kicking, least Hiveworkshop is regularly getting new models / the forums are still seeing activity.

I've tried so many times to get in to SC2 modding but that editor is so god damn bulky that I just say screw it and go back to Wc3.
>>
>>339638096
Maybe when technology progresses to the point where you can send commands directly and effectively with your thoughts and mental impulses.
>>
Company of heroes is fun and has a cozy community.
>>
>>339639267
Sure, now somebody just needs to do it well and in a setting that isn't WW2.
>>
>>339639547
Battle of Empires
Call to Arms

And the countless fucking mods.
You've got a literal fucking Star Wars mod even for MoW:AS2
>>
>>339639974
>more shovelware
>>
>>339640283
Here's to (You)
>>
>>339640458
Thanks, have fun with your shitty early access games.
>>
>>339637638
This

Every single RTS thread is just idiots talking about nostalgia and how they just want a new AoE, C&C or Sup Com
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.