[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you all like this game series? Is it because it lets you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9
File: persona-series_00414406.jpg (727 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
persona-series_00414406.jpg
727 KB, 1600x900
Why do you all like this game series? Is it because it lets you be a popular high school student with the ladies? Or does it fulfill some weaboo fantasy to be inside a real anime?

Honestly asking these questions, not trying to troll/bait anybody.
>>
>>339624586
I like JRPGs, music's pretty good, micro-managing days s also something I like (P3 micromanage is insane). Persona 2 had Hitler in it.
>>
>>339624586

Nobody sane plays any video games for reasons like those. The whole "I want to live the fantasies I can't in the real world" is lunacy.
>>
>>339624586
I don't like the entire series, I dislike P1 and P4. On the other hand though P2 is cool as fuck and P3 has some gameplay mechanics you never see anywhere else. I know P4 had them as well but the whole management is just too simplified for my taste and the story isn't good enough
>>
File: 2FgWtTr.jpg (222 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
2FgWtTr.jpg
222 KB, 1080x1920
>>339625808

What specifically do you like about P2, and what mechanics did you like in P3?
>>
File: stick-rpg-107104-1-s-307x512.jpg (36 KB, 512x307) Image search: [Google]
stick-rpg-107104-1-s-307x512.jpg
36 KB, 512x307
>>339624586

I like the social link and dating sim style mechanics more then the actual RPG combat or tartarus

Because it reminds me of my fun days with Stick RPG as a kid.
>>
>>339624586
It's the industry's best anime simulator.

Also catchy soundtracks.
>>
File: UcQpWDz.gif (791 KB, 651x651) Image search: [Google]
UcQpWDz.gif
791 KB, 651x651
I think that P3 is better.

I love the atmosphere, it reminds me of my school days and some of the music and characters are fucking great.

Designs of Personas are pretty good, gameplay is enjoyable (especially in the lategame) and visual design is nice.

I really liked Adachi in P4, I think he had a really important role in the story. Too bad they nailed it correctly in The Animation, not the game.

I'm not really into waifushit - I don't really find any of the characters attractive to this level. Sure, I can jerk off to some r34, but I don't really care about them while playing the game.
>>
>>339624586
>Is it because it lets you be a popular high school student with the ladies?
Yes
>>
The music and atmosphere in P3 were great, and it had a really fucking good ending
Wasn't too big on the rest of it and I never bothered with more than a few hours of P4
The other Personas are on my backlog
>>
Persona 3 is a legitimately good RPG and a fun time waster and micro manager. I hate cliched anime stereotypes with a passion, yet I found myself really enjoying P3.

P4 only gets points with me because I'm a sucker for Detective/Thief/Noire stories, and P4 is basically a cartoony murder mystery ala scooby doo, which struck a cord with me. I vastly prefer P3 but I don't hate P4.

P5 has me completely sold just for the concept of Phantom thieves alone. I'm a fucking sucker for Phantom thieves since Kid kaito, Lupin and Conan, and there aren't nearly enough games portraying them.
>>
>>339626310
not him, but P2 is generally well liked due to its story with is pretty good. I, like him, also prefer P3's mechanics simply because there are a few more affinities to watch out for than P4, and the fact that P3's Party Autonomy makes the game more challenging and slightly quicker due to not having to select a move for each party member every turn.
>>
File: 2941842-2.jpg (142 KB, 1070x588) Image search: [Google]
2941842-2.jpg
142 KB, 1070x588
I'm loving the art direction.

Especially in P5. Main cast has dull, dark and toned colors and everything else is full of neon colors - locations, UI, enemies. That's fucking awesome.
>>
File: 20-SMT228.jpg (43 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
20-SMT228.jpg
43 KB, 600x450
>>339627482
>P4 only gets points with me because I'm a sucker for Detective/Thief/Noire stories
Nigga you better have played Raidou
>>
>>339627920
I have not, but I will now.
>>
Never understood the whole escapism thing, I just like playing through JRPGs
>>
>>339624586
The music is always good
I love all the symbolism in the personas both lore and design wise (i'm a sucker for all kinds of mythology)
Persona fusion system touched my hidden OCD
I legit love a lot of the Persona characters, waifus are a plus i guess but that's not my main reason
As a design buff, I love all the pallet choices made for every game, specially 3
>>
If you can't even spell weeaboo right, you should probably just play it yourself.
>>
It feels like Monogatari Series of videogames with more shallow story

so yeah, it's pretty good and fun.
>>
I loved it years ago but tried replaying P4 and it's kind of a chore to get through. There is way to much dialogue and it feels like it takes forever to do anything in the game.
>>
File: Dimension W - 02 - Large 04.jpg (172 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dimension W - 02 - Large 04.jpg
172 KB, 1280x720
>>339624586
I thought this guy looked familiar. It's "Loser" from the anime Dimension W.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.