[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: MGS4_European_Cover.jpg (39 KB, 450x518) Image search: [Google]
MGS4_European_Cover.jpg
39 KB, 450x518
Apologize
>>
File: 558000013218301.jpg (30 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
558000013218301.jpg
30 KB, 500x346
It was a good game in 2008 and it's still a good game in 2016. Replaying it for the trophies made me appreciate MGS4 more.

The same cannot be said about MGS5 The Phantom Pain. Even at Peace Walker's worst, it just wasn't as boring as MGS5's codecs or "plot" about faceless soldiers wanting to be extracted 50 times.
>>
>>339604664
It's more of a Metal Gear than MGSV.
>>
>>339605083
This right here. V can fuck off, what a horrible MGS game.
>>
I don't have to. I big bossed it when it came out. I know it's a 9.5 out of 10. MGS 1-3 were 11/10 so it's still the worst real MGS game as nothing worth mentioning came after it.
>>
I beat you 100%. Then when trophies came out I 100%ed you again.
>>
>literally less than 3 hours of gameplay, out of which at least 40 minutes is rail shooter shit or the shitty act 3

yeah nah i aint gonna do it
>>
>>339605017

Oh give me a fucking break. You're right about MGS 4 but V is night and day better than Shit Walker. That game was the definition of handheld mobile junk. The constant loading, the awful controls, the awful gameplay, those stupid fucking boss fights (yes, they're even worse than V's "boss" fights). It was just as grindy as V was. In fact, most of the problem with V, you can thank Shit Walker for starting in the first place.

You cannot hate V with such a passion and love Peace Walker that much. They are one and the same, with the caveat being that V is an actual full fledged game with no shit controls and not shit gameplay.
>>
>>339605410
You can beat Super Mario World, Resident Evil 1, and MegaMan games under an hour. Guess they were all shitty games. Nothing compared to MGS5's 100 hours of gameplay.

Which mission was your favorite in MGS5? The one in which you extracted a soldier? Or the one in which you extracted the same soldier with no equipment on the highest difficulty? What a memorable game.
>>
>>339605410
>Hear shit like this for years
>finally play the game a little over a year ago
>it's fucking incredible

Take your bullshit somewhere else
>>
>>339604664
>mgs4 comes out
>REEE TOO MUCH MOVIE
>mgs5 comes out
>REEE NOT ENOUGH MOVIE

/v/ has the worst mgs fans
>>
>>339605625
No it's more like
>MGSV comes out
>NOT ENOUGH MGS
>>
>>339604664
It's my second favourite
>>
>>339605582
In those games your gameplay isn't interrupted every load screen with a 10+ minute cutscene or codec call.

It's like if every time you got to the flag in a Mario level you had to watch a nonsensical cutscene for 10 minutes before advancing to the next level. If SMW was like that, hell yeah it'd be a shitty game.
>>
>>339605017
>>339605083
>>339605289
>>339605348
>>339605552
>>339605608

I don't want people this incapable of understanding video games to post on /v/.
You don't like MGS4, you like MGS1, MGS2 (somehow), and MGS3. And MGS4 takes advantage of that with nostalgiabait and cringe shit to make you THINK you like it. You really only like the better games it evokes.

MGS4 is fucking trash in a world where 1, 2, and 3 don't exist.
>>
replayed this last week, easy as fuck you can literally kill or put to sleep every enemy you encounter
compared to the the games before where it was better to avoid enemies or they charged at you with fucking shields and getting out of trouble was hard
>>
>>339605552
>You cannot hate V with such a passion and love Peace Walker that much.

Peace Walker had a more interesting setting, a more interesting cast of characters, and as for it's fatal flaws in game designs we can list them but in the end that won't change the fact both Peace Walker and MGS5's game structure are largely the same. The reason Peace Walker never annoyed me as much as MGS5 was the absolute padding and borefest that took hold of Phantom Pain.

You can do shitty missions in Peace Walker but they're only 5-10 minutes long. MGS5 exacerbates all of Peace Walker's shortcomings with a much bigger budget. So really there's your answer, they have the same kind of problems, but MGS Peace Walker had a largely more interesting cast of characters and the missions were much shorter. The decline of boss battles started with Peace Walker, which is a shame as they easily can turn people off if they don't play Online to grind faster.
>>
>>339605881
Someone didn't earn the Big Boss title in 4. You're opinion is less than nothing.
>>
>>339606025
>compared to the the games before where it was better to avoid enemies or they charged at you with fucking shields and getting out of trouble was hard

The non-lethal tranq gun was introduced in MGS2 and since then all MGS games have used it one way or the other. You got laser sight, high accuracy, and non-lethal ways of taking control of an area without endangering yourself.

To say MGS4 introduced this gameplay concept shows much of a rage boner you have against MGS4. You don't like the game, fine, don't make up bullshit that isn't true. Literally the first thing MGS3 did right was take away the guns in Operation Snake Eater....and then you get them immediately after and you're back to taking out guards 1 shot with the tranq. Only difference is suppressor could run out. Which can be farmed and stacked so it's literally a non-issue.
>>
>>339606225
What is that supposed to prove? All it proved to me was how little gameplay there actually was and how often you have to skip a bunch of cutscenes.
>>
>>339606353
Metal Gear Solid 1 average speedrunning is 3 hours. Fastest being under 2 hours.

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=5908

Guess MGS1 was shit with no gameplay by your logic.
>>
>>339606342
calm down son
>>
>>339606498
>>339605767
>>
File: 1464127296916.png (207 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1464127296916.png
207 KB, 400x400
>>339605881
>you THINK you like it
oh ok good to know I don't actually like it, turns out I only thought I did, my brain really bamboozled me on that one
the things I read on this board I swear to fucking god
>>
Im sorry you were such a disastrous piece of shit that took a dump on every single bit of Metal Gear lore you possibly could
>>
>>339604664
Why should I apologize? I played you, enjoyed you and defended you against my retard friends who watched a playthrough and called it shit.
>>
>>339606554
>MGS4 IS TOO EASY YOU CAN TRANQ EVERYTHING
>Every game after the first one did this too

Stay assblasted when you're corrected, faggot.The special snowflakes get triggered when they can't back up their hate for MGS4 and start spewing bullshit. I have no problem if you dislike the gameplay/ratio of MGS4, but the tranq gun thing is 100% bullshit and you know it dude.
>>
>>339606615
Heroin addicts think they like heroin. I can't imagine being so weak willed I just accept what my brain does without any kind of introspection or analysis.
>>
>>339606693
I didn't even say there wasn't a tranq gun in the earlier ones, I just said it was easy to tranq enemies in 4
>>
>>339605625
Because one thing can't have too much of something while the other different thing can't have too little of something at the same time.
>>
>MGS4 had one million hours of cutscenes
>MGS5 had no cutscenes and barely had a story
why is there no middle ground for developers? Especially when they had gotten it right for 10+ years before
>>
>>339606864
I've seen a lot of retarded analogies on /v/ but I think this takes the cake.
>>
>>339604664
>People will defend this pile of shit
>After it retroactively ruined 1,2, and 3
>After the B&B fights (minus wolf)
>After Act 3
>After Johnny
>After Drebin and his fucking retarded monkey
>After turning sneaking to *lie prone and crawl slowly across the map*
>After turning Raiden into a retarded edgelord
>After Vamp
>After ruining the continuity so completely it took 3 games to make it even make some minuscule amount of sense.
>After the worst use of cutscenes in any video game to date.

Fuck this game. I'll take a million Peace Walker clones before another turd like this.
>>
>>339604664
Apologize for? Game was fun. I wish the entire game was more similar to the first couple sections, but still great overall.
>>
>>339606353
It proves that you haven't really played the game. All the bad parts are far better during the Big Boss run.

All the boss fights are better this way (Especially crying wolf) the motorcycle section is crazy as fuck like that. The fight with ray, the jeep sections. It's all much better when doing the Big Boss run.

The shitty stuff like the wedding or Otacon crying can be skipped. The only thing I hate is how faggy they made Raiden.

MGS 4 is excellent. Had fan service out the ass, but it mostly worked. It wasn't the abomination you claim it to be.
>>
>>339605017
>MGS5's codecs

you what
>>
Not only does it have a worthless story that takes up like 80% of the game, the gameplay isn't even that good either.

They took Subsistence and hamfisted on TPS controls. Completely fucking over the balance of the game.

>BUT YOU CAN CHOKE PEOPLE WHILE LYING DOWN.

Yeah that's all well and good, but it doesn't mean much when the fundamental gameplay mechanics are one step short of being Twin Snakes tier.
>>
>>339607548

If you like the gameplay of casual fag grind-a-thon PW then you're a joke.
>>
>>339607782
how does a big boss run make chapter 3 more enjoyable? Seems like being on a timer would just make that slow-moving whistling asshole even more of an annoyance
>>
>>339608075
At least PW doesn't grind the game to a halt and explain the same shit 3 times every 10 minutes.

Fuck I'd take any of PW's generic "find the dude" missions over everything in Act 3 and most of act 5.
>>
>>339606864
Stick to food analogies, numb nuts.
>>
>>339604664
Masterpieces that hold all the weight of the plot

AKA Ocelot tier
MGS3 > MGS2 > MGS > MG2

Dissapointing but neat AKA

Raiden tier
GZ > TPPiss

Spinoffs that are better than some of the main fucking games but are forgotten AKA

Grey Fox Tier
MGR > Metal Gear Acid 2 > GB game > Metal Gear Acid > MGS1 VR training

Kusoge that never should have existed AKA

Johnny Akiba Tier
MG > Kojima hates Old Snake and his fans: The 9 hour pissfest > Piss walker

Cucked to death abominations and spinoffs AKA

Huey tier
Any PC port of the games > PO > Twin Snakes > NES MG > MGS4 IOS game
I would love to put MGS3 after 2 or even 1, because its success is the reason PW and MGS4 exist, but the game itself is fucking godlike, so there is that.

MGS4 is bad on purpose so there is that.
>>
>>339605695
>casual fans who hopped on the series after Subsistence and think 2 is the worst try to classify what is and what isn't MGS
>>
>>339609249
you have played through MGS3 with the original camera, haven't you, anon?
>>
>>339609327
I don't know what you're trying to imply but I started with MGS1 and 2 is my favorite.
>>
>>339605017
>When you have to go through your Big Boss run and some stealth scenes get super tense
>The satisfaction when Victory Song comes at the end and you see Big Boss' background saluting you
Man that felt so good
Too bad you have to leave the console in idle for many hours for chicken emblem
>>
File: 1461950538915.jpg (114 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1461950538915.jpg
114 KB, 720x960
>>339609249
>Metal Gear Acid
>better than anything
>>
File: 1429820948170.jpg (234 KB, 569x571) Image search: [Google]
1429820948170.jpg
234 KB, 569x571
>>339609249
>Metal gear Acid is better than MGS1 VR training
Get the fuck out of this board
>>
It's good but there are too many awful cutscenes with shitty direction.

V is the best game by far
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.