[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
classic RE thread yo. Whats the last one you replayed and when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: nemesis.jpg (89 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nemesis.jpg
89 KB, 500x500
classic RE thread yo.

Whats the last one you replayed and when?
>>
File: becky.jpg (169 KB, 729x1096) Image search: [Google]
becky.jpg
169 KB, 729x1096
the only resident evil I ever played was the first one on playstation
about 3 years ago
I have 2 on ps1 as well, need to play it
>>

Probably around last October. It's either that one or 4 I'll play every October, or occasionally REmake.
>>
Just here to say resident evil 4 fucking sucks
>>
>>339600890
That one, like 3 months ago.
>>
when I was a kid I replayed 3 about 19 times
never learned how to dodge properly tho
then I bought re4, got to the part where a statue chased me, and then some elevator and I dropped the game
I wasn't feeling it

end blog
>>
File: JillValentine.jpg (294 KB, 900x1400) Image search: [Google]
JillValentine.jpg
294 KB, 900x1400
>>339600890
RE2 on my vita last year, when it was $0.99
posting the best Jill ever, I still cannot understand why anyone would like her down syndromed version in the latest games
>>
>>339603117
>never learned how to dodge properly tho

Press the dodge button on the very last frame before the enemy connects with you. Mashing doesn't work.
>>
Played through the first one last week.

Jill playthrough.
>>
>>339603259
oh I know how to pull it off in theory, I just never got good at it
especially when fighting Nemesis, too tense
>>
File: 1.jpg (43 KB, 702x428) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
43 KB, 702x428
>>339603198
>Jill will never sit her beautiful arse on my face
>>
>>339603482
I never dodge nemesis, fuck that. Equip handgun, fire off two shots, run to the opposite corner. Rinse, repeat. Handgun is easily the most efficient weapon against him. Especially the STI Eagle later on.
>>
I had resi three for ps and gamecube.

My autism was such that I was able to finish it in three hours in a single playthrough. Good times.
>>
>>339603259
Not him but I'm not a SF tourney player and can't react to frames that fast. I always dodged on accident when I meant to shoot them. Pissed me off a bit. Should've had it as a different button.
>>
I replay Resi 2 at least once a year. I could probably literally play it with my eyes closed using my mind's eye I've completed it so many times.
>>
>>339603620
>arse
I dont think 4chan is allowed in britanistan pal, I will take you to sharia court
>>
>>339603889
Ireland, actually.
>>
I am on-and-off playing Code Veronica on the DC.

Some parts I am not totally feeling it. It feels like some zombies respawn, which fucks with the conserving ammo mentality. That and the map feels a little dragged out, which funnily enough I don't feel was a problem with RE3's sprawling city streets. The damage sponge larger enemies that monkey jump everywhere are very annoying.

I just got to Alexia and Alfred's bedrooms; should I keep on going?
>>
>16, 2011
>playing re5 mercs with your friends and random foreign dudes
>not having a mic but your partners know what to do all the time
>https://youtu.be/IMTT6q5t8IE Plays at the end
Good times
>>
>>339603976
You guys are all right
>>
Replayed REmake this winter, now I feel like replaying RE3 sometime soon. It was my first Resident Evil game, yet I'v only beaten it once!
>>
File: re_0.jpg (50 KB, 991x545) Image search: [Google]
re_0.jpg
50 KB, 991x545
>>
>>339604250
>Northern Ireland
>Ireland.
>>
>>339604604
Now that I think about it, since i have a hori fighting commander (no analog), I wonder if that will work for the tank-control RE games on Steam, + the REvelation games.
>>
File: RE3butcha.jpg (36 KB, 334x1000) Image search: [Google]
RE3butcha.jpg
36 KB, 334x1000
>>339600890
I'm currently replaying Nemesis. Fucking love it, might be in my top 3 RE after all
Popping heads with the Eagle feels so good
First time I'm playing on Hard.

The only issue I have with the game is the poor dodge system and the city could be bigger. Also it's hilarious to see Nemesis losing sight of you after running a little bit, but he's still a great concept and I hope RE7 takes cue from RE3
>>
>>339603976
Get out and enjoy the good weather instead of sitting here on /v/ lad
>>
>>339604109
Keep going.

Zombies respawn in a few rooms only, literally 3 or 4.
How can you not enjoy that genuine 90s dreamcast charm? Also that save theme.

Protip, there is a Chris scenario after Claire's. Its a bit shorter but still.
>>
>>339604887
>Dreamcast
>90'

>>339604109
I know for a fact there's enough ammo in CV to kill absolutely everything no matter what unless you can't aim or miss ammo maybe. At worse, the knife is actually good.
The monkeys (?) get btfo quickly with explosive arrows, or even normal arrows, but save some for bosses.
>>
>>339605306
Dreamcast was released in 1998 newfag.
>>
>>339605556
In japan
Also CV was released in 2000
>>
>>339604887
>>339605306

At least I know why no one likes Steve. It's impressive. Like he was lifted directly from Titanic, a total Leo rip-off.

I guess I'll continue on. I've played several DC survival horrors over the last year or so (Illbleed, Blue Stinger, Carrier, attempted D2*), so I want to try to get through the major ones... I hope The Ring: Terror's Realm doesn't count as a major one. Blue Stinger was the most enjoyable of that list, even if its controls were fucked for the US release.

*this game kinda sucks. Kenji Eno's games I think are way over-hyped.
>>
>>339605651
How dense are you? I am not talking about year of release, I am talking about that "90s charm". If you dont think CV screams 90s, which it does, its your problem.
>>
>>339600890

Replayed 2 and 3 in winter for some comfy time. Great games, need to do another Hard playthrough for 2 with Claire A/Leon B.

Really sucks that it was the only classic RE game with an actually challenging difficulty that wasn't tied to some stupid gimmick but it was also the best, better than knife/melee only modern RE playthroughs.
>>
What do you guys want out of RE 7?
It's definitely revealing itself at E3.
>>
>>339605776
If you managed to get through fucking Illbleed and its retarded combat, I dont see how you arent thinking that CV is the best game ever made. Its easily better than all the DC horror bunch.
>>
>>339605787
>First RE with 3D graphics
>Dat crazy quality at the time

Yeah I felt like I was playing a game from the future
>>
>buy 0 HD
>want to use qt Rebecca with cheerleading outfit
>dies in 3 hits

What to do
>>
>>339605821
RE2 hard mode? You mean on Dreamcast/PC right?
>>
>>339605556
Actually, 9/9/99 outside of Japan. Don't you remember, anon?

Of course not, you're an underage piece of shit.
>>
>>339606016
Son I an legitimately sure that I have ps1 memory cards older than you, go fuck off to some other thread.
>>
>>339605986

PC, yeah. The one and only time I felt I had to conserve ammo and needed to decide how many hits I could tank and when.

Not even my 12yo self had that much trouble when first time playing RE2, even though I didn't know shit and tried to kill everything I meet.
>>
>>339605776
I hear enemy zero is good, if a bit hard
might wanna try that one
I think it's also by kenji eno
>>
>>339606125
I am not saying you dont know your shit, but let me run this by you.
PC version is unplayable on modern systems, meaning that you are probably playing the 2006 rerelease that is Jap only, right?

Jap release has difficulties switched around (meaning that New game is japanese easier difficulties, and Arrange game (what is normally easier in western releases) is actually original western difficulty. Both categories have their own easy, normal and hard.

Jap's Arrange game's Hard mode is the hardest by far. Zombies take a random amount of bullets to die, but there is a RE1DC-style critical headshot which is satsifying as fuck. Far more rarer than in RE1DC tho.
>>
>>339600890
Outbreak file 2
Shit is fun as fuck online still
>>
>>339606371
>Jap's Arrange game's Hard mode is the hardest by far. Zombies take a random amount of bullets to die, but there is a RE1DC-style critical headshot which is satsifying as fuck.

That is precisely what was happening so I'm sure I played the correct "hard" difficulty. I also had less ammo for weapons other than the handgun, which had a little more per ammo pack, and characters had less HP. There might have been an increase in enemy placement, though I might be mistaken.

I downloaded all three games ripped into one ISO file. Haven't played the classic RE yet (only REmake), maybe I'll bite the bullet one day. Hunters have to be one of the best enemies ever made - hard hitting, fast but not too durable.
>>
>>339606745
Oh, fair enough then. I usually share that kind of info in these threads because its relatively undocumented fact.

Yeah, I think you get 4 shotgun shells per item pack instead of 7 etc. Same with handgun and any other kind of ammo really. Makes for a relatively intense playthrough. Also dat high quality FMV resolution.
>>
>>339604109
Keep going. The beginning of the game is slow but the pace picks up at exactly where you are.
>>
>>339606745
Classic RE is by far harder than REmake. Especially when it comes to hunters, and here's why - in REmake you can literally run and clip through them. In RE, a bit different story. Plus their hitboxes seem to be a bit bigger meaning dodging is harder.

Gameplay itself is obviously the same sans defensive items and layout is the same so it's not exactly rocket science but it does play differently in some ways. REmake was designed to fuck with peopel who are overly familiar with RE1, meaning it also works the other way around. The only flaw is that background resolution/attention to detail is very subpar compared to RE2/3 but if you play on a real system/tube TV that is rectified to a degree. Overall very, very playable game. I still go back to it at least once a year. I am not as familiar with it as I am with RE2, so those two scenarios with respective New Game/Arrange Game really keep it fresh for me.
>>
>>339606191
I actually beat the Saturn version (though there is a full PC port floating around online). The game's saves are spaced out waaay too far in the beginning, meaning if you die (to the one-shot invisible enemies), you might replay a 10-15 minute stretch, with much of that filled with slow-moving FMVs investigating side rooms.

The final maps are enormous pains in the butt because they are incredibly huge, have no defining landmarks and take foooorever to find an exit (which you won't know if it's an exit because everything looks exactly the same for 2-3 floors of this shit out of 5).

>>339605882
ha! The trick to illbleed combat was to never engage in combat unless you had to! It really did suck, but everything else in the game made up for it. But can you tell me who was Killerman???

>>339607112
Thanks; I'll soldier on.

>>339607175
I really need to play through REmake properly. I never got too far on the GC disc, and my Wii is near-permanently shelved. I wonder if the HD steam release is serviceable enough, though its textures look far worse. As I said up above, I hope my Hori PC controller can do the game because I don't want to shell out for an analog controller, especially for games meant to be played with d-pads.
>>
File: re2soldout.jpg (17 KB, 352x500) Image search: [Google]
re2soldout.jpg
17 KB, 352x500
>>339606371
Unplayable on modern systems? No it's not. I got pic attached 2 years ago and it works great when I run it on the Intel graphics and not my graphics card.
>>
>>339607175
>I've never played REmake: the post
>>
>>339607709
Yep, that is a very valid argument that proves me wrong.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.