[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC Gayman thread? PC Gayman thread. Do yourself a favor everyone.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: waste.jpg (453 KB, 1289x1080) Image search: [Google]
waste.jpg
453 KB, 1289x1080
PC Gayman thread?
PC Gayman thread.

Do yourself a favor everyone. Don't go SLI or Crossfire. Don't do it. It's not worth it. My reasoning?
>a lot of games do not handle sli support or crossfire, and often times if you attempt to force sli or sli is set by default (Which if you have it enabled, it is)
>This means both GPUs are handling alternating frames to maximize the performance.
>Games that support this it's excellent
>Most games however handle this very badly, alternating the frames and dropping the ones on the secondary card, causing you to recieve the processing of SLI making the card slower than if you were to go SLI.

I've noticed this with CS:GO and other lower graphic games. Apparent in Fallout 4 as well. World of Warcraft, my modded morrowind especially. (Heavily modded running at 4k running single gpu hits 45fps. On SLI it hits about 20)

Sad really.
>>
>he fell for the sli/crossfire meme
>>
>>339599521
>Seemingly cool technologies are a meme.
I think you've been fucking around too much with the kids man.
>>
>>339599415
I fell for SLI with dual 9890TI, biggest waste of money ever.

That being said though... maybe DX12 or Vulkan will change that
>>
>>339602553
I purchased a GTX 1080 now on back order so I will be removing my 770 SLI units and selling them for cheap on craigslist.
>>
Pc gaming is a waste of money period.

After I finish Blood and Wine I'm selling this shit and getting a modest desktop for web browsing.
>>
>>339599415
Crossfire would be worth it, I think, if it worked with two different video cards. That way, when you upgrade, you could keep your old card to get a hair more 'power' and make it feel like the money was better spent. Maybe even get an extra year or two of life before you need to upgrade again.
>>
>>339603501
not worth. Yes you recieve performance increases in games designed to handle it but most games are not programmed for this as most people dont use SLI
>>
>>339603490
With your logic, gaming in general is a waste of money
>>
>>339603815
But it is a waste of money.
>>
File: dalailama_blog.jpg (110 KB, 300x403) Image search: [Google]
dalailama_blog.jpg
110 KB, 300x403
>>339604403
>>339603815
Money is money.
Enjoying life is never a waste of money.
Enjoy your life by doing as you please.
If you gain fulfillment playing video games so be it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.