[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else miss the "comfiness" of older RTS games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
Anyone else miss the "comfiness" of older RTS games?

I've gone back to WC3 RoC and TFT, god damn the maps are fun to explore and finding items to buff your heroes etc.
>>
>>339594080
I miss comfiness and design of many older games in general.

RTS is pretty much dead nowadays.
>>
Playing Warlords Battlecry 3 right now. It's even more of a rpg than WC3. Pretty comfy as well whatever that means
>>
>>339594401
I've tried Starcraft 2, while it's a lot more streamlined than other Blizzard games, it doesn't give me this "man my base looks sweet".

Bought Age of Empires 2 HD, hits the spot pretty ok but the AI is awful and the MP is rushing: the game.
>>
File: cohop.jpg (327 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
cohop.jpg
327 KB, 1280x960
yes
>>
File: cw8.png (3 MB, 2192x2704) Image search: [Google]
cw8.png
3 MB, 2192x2704
>>
The "comfiness" of "older" RTS games is also stuff like absolutely ridiculous amounts of shit thrown at you by the AI (Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert 1) and stupid victory conditions like "Kill EVERYONE on the map, including that one peon who is now hiding in the corner of the map". The most egregious example of that last one is the final mission of Nod campaign in TD, where a single GDI soldier is stationed in a random house on the map and you absolutely have to find him and kill him.

Still a GOAT genre, too bad it's dead. I'm replaying WC3 myself now, had some troubles with Andorhal defense on Hard because I wanted to do the sidequests.
>>
>>339594890
Fuck the surrounding villages. Lordaeron will be overrun by scourge anyway.
>>
>>339596313
But you get a pendant if you get that wagon shit.

Arthas should be able to have Divine shield 3 by that point so he can solo that shit.
>>
>>339596794
Just 1 rank in Divine Shield should work. Did I level up my Arthas wrong? (the aura -> the heal -> the shield) I didn't find much use for harassing the AI, as it runs away when being punched anyway.
>>
>>339594080
ofc we do. but i'm glad we won't have a warcraft 4
>>
>>339596910
I can't remember the tryhard way, aura is good but I prefer to level heal-> shield->Aura, since Arthas can solo armies with the shield lategame.

Didn't it last something stupid like 45s in vanilla wc3?
>>
>>339594792
Is R.U.S.E. even any good?
>>
File: 1463572715236.gif (3 MB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
1463572715236.gif
3 MB, 426x426
>>339594080
>the largest panda ever
>penguin king
>>
Heroes were a mistake.
>>
Blizzard need to do a movie of this by using their cinematic animation team and not a terrible live action and CGI.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.