[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to start playing pic related for the first time.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: fnv.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
fnv.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
I'm going to start playing pic related for the first time.

Which mods should I install?

and any build do you recommend for a noob?
>>
Go to /vg/ and look for fallout in the catalog. They have recommended mods there
>>
T6M mod
>>
>>339593659
Thanks Heaven, will do.
>>
>>339593682
Looks interesting, thank you
>>
>>339593550
Play it vanilla first you spastic. You won't even know what the mods are improving upon if you don't play it normally first.
>>
>>339593550
no matter what build you make, just remember never to max out your science or lockpick skill. there are skill magazines in the game that temporarily raise your skills by ten points, and a perk that doubles the bonus to 20 points.
>>
>>339594458
I probably wont play the game twice, so I would prefer to get the most enjoybable version and just play that.
>>
>>339594904
Also agility/science gear to boost it a bit
>>
>>339594984
New Vegas can be played multiple times with a fresh experience.
>>
You, >>339594984

Listen to >>339595158

It is sage advice and you would be a fool not to take it.
>>
You'll be okay as long as you level at least one weapon skill. Also a reminder that some skills synergize, f.ex.
>Repair (allows recycling and creating custom ammo for Guns in addition to weapon and armor repair)
>Science (allows recycling and creating custom ammo for Energy Weps in addition to hacking terminals)
>Survival (allows creating poisons for Melee and Unarmed weapons, plus some buffs that f.ex. increase melee attack speed and food / buff items in general are better)

For recovery skills it's recommended you invest in either Medicine or Survival
>Survival: improves food HP recovery, food items are almost everywhere but pretty heavy, also some nice buffs
>Medicine: stimpaks are much better healing items than food, and also much lighter but they're also very expensive or require high Science skill as well in order to create them

Other character creating stuff:
>STR is usually a requirement for many heavy weapons, even non-melee ones like bazookas, miniguns etc.
>INT increases the number of skill points at level up, allowing you to max skills easier
>END increases the max amount of extra SPECIAL points you can add through implants
>CHA increases companion attack and defenses by a huge amount

Play on Hardcore mode. Combat difficulty is a separate setting from Hardcore mode. Hardcore mode adds immersive stuff like ammo weight, need to sleep / drink / eat and other stuff. You can change both Hardcore mode and combat difficulty mid-game.

For mods I'd heavily suggest JSawyer. It's a balance patch by the game's actual devs that didn't get into the official patches.
>>
File: 1464485271847.png (840 KB, 2001x2800) Image search: [Google]
1464485271847.png
840 KB, 2001x2800
>>339593550
There are only 3 mods you need.
> YUP Unofficial Patch
> One Tweak
> Invisible Wall Remover

You could also get New Vegas Stutter Remover, Weapon Mods Expanded, NMCs Texture Pack, EVE, and Nevada Skies. These won't ruin anything in the vanilla game.
>>
File: 1436090609083.jpg (1 MB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
1436090609083.jpg
1 MB, 2480x3508
Just get the unofficial patches to prevent crashing, high res textures and ENB to make the game look good. Rest is just autism you shouldn't have for your first playtrough.
>>
>>339595905
more like this?

i dont care if its fake or not, its cool and fun to read.
>>
>>339595371
>>339595158
It's more a matter of time than anything else, (and having a lot of games to play that I still haven't tried out).

If I end up enjoying it a lot I'll take time from those other games to give it to this one, but since I'm not sure if that's going to be the case, I would like to try the game first with mods.
>>
>>339596084
That's just it though. If you don't play a vanilla playthrough then you don't know what you want to change. The mods you install afterwards will fix most little things with the game. Maybe you want the cut content. Maybe you want your favorite weapon to do more damage. Maybe a quest is bugged and a modder fixed it.
>>
>>339593550
http://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas
>>
>>339596084
Anon, as someone who has played NV many times, modded and un-modded, an un-modded playthrough is essential first. You came here asking for advice and this is it.
>>
>The IMAGINATOR - Visual Control Device
>Snow Globe Quest
>Special Snow Globes
>Fallout Shelter - Lunchboxes
>New Vegas Anti Crash
>New Vegas Stutter Remover

These are all pretty good mods. Also in terms of build...

>Guns
>Speech
>Science
>Strength 4
>Perception 5
>Endurance 4
>Charisma 7
>Intelligence 7
>Agility 6
>Luck 7
>Small Frame
>Trigger Discipline

I'd say that's a pretty solid build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G9tKkTKs6Q
>>
>>339596654
>>339597247
I see, thank you very much for your advice.
>>
>>3395985
Does the game crash often? (since Im seeing an anticrash mod there)
>>
A ton of small fixes and quality of life mods that I wont bother to list

Most importantly though, New Vegas Bounties.
>>
We should really compile a list of little mods that don't really change the game but just make it better and correct things. Off the top of my head:

>Collision Meshes
>Invisible Wall Remover
>Lonesome Road True Faction Allegiance
>New Vegas Uncut series
>People are strangers
>Yukichigai Unofficial path

What else?
>>
>>339593550
High speech is useful in many quests. Guns and melee are probably the most straightforward combat skills.

>>339594984
This is stupid.

>>339602562
MTUI to clean up the default interface (if you're not gonna use an elaborate UI overhaul)

No autoaim

Fellout or a similar mod to remove the Human Revolutionesque piss filter

And YUP is the better "unofficial patch" right?
>>
>>339602562
Enhanced Camera
Delay DLC
Stutter Remover
CASM
Improved Transportalponder
Tmt - Open Broken Doors
Helpless Falling
Burning Campfire
Working Crimson Caravan Traders
>>
Play vanilla with bug fixes only, and don't be a faggot about time spent if you're going to waste time installing mods you don't even know what changes make

>>339598585
>Snow Globe Quest
>Special Snow Globes
Why would you even give yourself those cheap extra stats?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.