[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The best Hack and Slash game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Sengoku-Badara_ps3_US_ESRB.jpg (981 KB, 1000x1148) Image search: [Google]
Sengoku-Badara_ps3_US_ESRB.jpg
981 KB, 1000x1148
What do you believe to be the best Hack and Slash game and why?

For me it's Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes.

Most (though not all) of the character stories are pretty good. Branching story lines for each character that actually tell different stories if you pursue them. All of the characters are different from one another. Solid action. Lots of unlockables. And Even a couple different anime series to watch if you want to get more of it.
>>
File: 14671598_p0.jpg (241 KB, 454x650) Image search: [Google]
14671598_p0.jpg
241 KB, 454x650
>>339592138
My nigga. I don't understand how people can prefer Sengoku Musou after playing Basara.
>>
>>339592138
Basara 3 basic is pretty garbage though.
>Small roster
>Somehow still manages to have shit characters (Who the fuck thought Tsuruhime was ok? Or Yoshitsugu?)
>Maps are boring as shit
>Grind

>>339592692
Because they're different. I like both.
>>
File: 24126431_p6.jpg (483 KB, 616x864) Image search: [Google]
24126431_p6.jpg
483 KB, 616x864
>>339592925
I like both series as well, but Basara just has a more fluid gameplay style that makes me prefer it overall. I'll admit that Musou has much better maps, though. What the fuck happened to the cool stages they had back in 2 and Heroes?
>>
Is Lollipop Chainsaw considered hack n slash?
>>
>>339592138
Yeah OP. Every character is unique and needs time to control. Compare to Musou, every character movesets are same repetetive.
>>
>>339592138
>tfw the new game is yukimura focus game
looks good anyways
>>
>>339594975
Musou's combat is getting staled as fuck
>>
>>339592138
ya i had fun, Punch Jeesus was #1
>>
>>339592692
And is it just me, or is the ending with Mitsunari where he actually kills Ieayasu epic! Seeing him finally get what he wants and then realizing that because he devoted his life to it, once he kills him his life is empty with nothing in it. NNGGG That's some good story telling!
>>
>>339595881
Funny you should say "Punch Jesus" when refering to Ieayasu...
I ran an oriental themed D&D game where I used heroes from Sengoku Basara and Musou as in game heroes, and after introducing the party to Ieayasu they started referring to him as "Jesus Tokugawa"
>>
>>339595464
Even until Musou 9, the gameplay still the same. Abundance of characters with copypaste attack styles.
>>
Diablo 2
>>
>>339593307
>Better gameplay and gimmicky stage
>Simple as fuck gameplay and cool stages
Why can't we have both, Capcom?
>>
>>339592138
>Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi will never be localized

it hurts /v/
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.