[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So went wrong? And also with Black Desert? And ArcheAge? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: tos2.jpg (687 KB, 1099x824) Image search: [Google]
tos2.jpg
687 KB, 1099x824
So went wrong?
And also with Black Desert? And ArcheAge?

Why couldn't Koreans strike gold recently?
>>
Pretty graphics with grinding has zero depth and little lasting appeal for the majority of people who play games these days.
>>
>>339588301
They all f2p
f2p games can't be good by default
>>
>>339588374
Then why did it work ages ago?
>>
>>339588301
They're all stupidly restrictive unless you keep dropping cash on them, and even then there are retarded restrictions build ingame like black desert's "no player trade outside auction house" and other cancerous community killing "innovations"
>>
>>339588432

The money is in theme park MMO's. Time-investments and skill are barriers to getting a wider player-base, which means less money.

It's the same reason there are far fewer "hard" games than there used to be. People like to push buttons and receive gratification.
>>
>>339588301
>gearing is essential number changes and dont correspond to the visual aspect (costumes)
>Skills sucks (well tos was pretty good)
>games are to easy
>no endgame
>gold_sellers.avi
>pay for large advantages
>Small world
>items arent flushed out
>skills arent either
>nothing to explore
>no freedom to do anything
>farm fests endgame
>wait to play for ArchAge
>>
>>339588384
path of exile nigga
>>
>>339589050
Not a mmo
And it's worse than b2p games in genre anyway
>>
>>339589186
how so? I played it over 32k hours total and still keep playing since cb. Like its a legitimately good game doe its Pay2Continue. Nothing good has comes out that even close to as flushed out as it is and its still getting large updates, new unique skills etc.
>>
>>339588301
>ToS
They fixed the servers a lot recently, but i'd say still needs a couple of months to deal with the worst problems.

Tbh I think Valve killed this game, since they have no bot verification for accounts people can create all the bots they want with no effort, so it's 100% up to the amateur devs to deal with hundred of bots everyday.

If the server worked properly and we had less bots this is a super fun game. Until level 200 when the unbalance and content recycling starts kicking, so it needs more than just fixing.

In my opinion they should just realize and stop making quests lines at all, it's boring and no one has done anything new in the past years. It's the same talk to this npc, kill x monsters, collect x things. protect thing, talk to npc, etc. Instead of quest you can add so much more content, like just random events. The game has like 900 quests/subquest or something right? it's insane just stop it's not fun in the long run.
>>
I think the problem is that the socializing just isn't there anymore.

I have a million theories as to why that, and none of them are probably correct, but at the end of the day if people don't talk, and aren't interested in getting to know one another, there can be no community.
>>
>>339588301
>Korean MMO
>What went wrong
>>
Grind is not the same thing as content and these games are lacking content, there's nothing to get really invested in.
>>
>>339588301
i tried it a bit but felt a bit wierded out by my first spell being able to cast it 3 times then it gets a coldown, rather than giving it a cooldown for each use. other than that then its pretty much what everyone else says
>>
File: 1410692897069.jpg (137 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1410692897069.jpg
137 KB, 960x720
What I like:
>art style
>maps
>planning my character from the get go (subjective definitely)
>how easy it is to get into a grindan party and just talk with people (one of my favourite things, honestly. It's why you play mmos)
>classes are fun, I like the class system as a whole

Things I dislike:
>cash shop jew shit
>pig disgusting performance what THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IMC?
>too old to grind ridiculously any more
>limits they put on free players
>it's not RO2
>too much quest following

It's pretty good with friends, too. I'm a wizard, friend is hahaman, we get shit done easily enough. It gets a 6.2/10 from me, they needa sort their shit though. Can't even get more friends into it so we can run dungeons and full party grind cause the game is so fucked they won't allow new players.
>>
>>339589536
no grinding is alright but only when theirs something worth grinding for and if the process is actually fun. People play fucking warframe for longer then an hour because the combat is their and you need to pass the time somehow while waiting for new wep/frame
>>
>>339589334
I'm gonna disagree with you there, I disagree its a pay to continue, its more like pay for convenience. You can play decently comfortably with the 4 base stash tabs as long as you're willing to stick with one a few builds a league, and you don't care about selling to players. But you're correct otherwise.
>>
File: header.jpg (48 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
48 KB, 460x215
It's a shame about pic related.

After playing Wow for 10 years and trying every other MMO to come out, I never thought I could have fun with the genre again. Archeage was as fun if not more fun than Wow for me. Too bad that only lasted two months at best.
>>
>>339589893
wep/frame isn't content, but the game plays well enough that people are content with non-content.
>>
>>339590178
i only consider is pay to continue because if you want to end up being top bracket of player (ya know the 0.1% of rich people) you will need more stash tabs. more room = more shit to gather = more possible sales = higher chance to profit
>>
>>339589794
Dude, almost any game is good with friends.
>>
>>339588301
Catered towards a Korean audience. Are you too fucking retarded to figure that out?
>>
>>339590467
I mean I guess, but you don't even need more stash tabs to push ladder, you can get 90+ easily. I think pay to continue is still mislabeling it, since its not an economy based game. You can play the market, but its not where the content is.
>>
>>339590596
Definitely. Mmos being the best genre. I didn't give it too much props for it being good with friends, though, the gameplay just fits with interaction very well and was a reason I loved RO.
finding reasons to continue too lol
>>
>>339588301

>Cannot into networking technology
>Cannot into compelling gameplay
>Cannot into graphical fidelity without horrendous framerate/pop-in

Can into random number generators.
>>
>>339590738
well played it for so long that for me market is endgame. that could be it
>>
>>339589334
>I played it over 32k hours
I sure hope you missed a decimal point there fella
>>
>>339591917
honestly i feel like that number is in the 40-50k range but dont know specificly so
>>
>>339592105
>honestly i feel like that number is in the 40-50k range but dont know specificly so
assuming you played since beta
assuming beta started right when alpha ended (August 2011)
That leaves you with roughly 5 years to play 32000 hours, that's 6400 hours per year
6400 hours per year mean just about 17 hours per day on average

40000 hours would mean you would have had to play 21 hours per day on average

50000 hours would mean you would have had to play 27 hours per day

you're full of shit
>>
>>339592398
>i say i dont know specificly
>thinks i know specificly
>"i feel like..."
literaly i dont calculate my shit. but i am an autist who play 19h straight every day for since cb so.
>>
>>339588384
this

>>339589050
not a mmorpg
>>
because the game is shit. the grinding in ToS is atrociously bad. you get 0.01% exp per kill at level 70 or so. and killing shit at that level isn't even fast.
>>
>>339592742
Are you not doing quests?
There still should be plenty at that level.
>>
>>339592398
Yours is my favorite kind of autism.
>>
>>339592742
If you're in a party you level stupid fast, something like 50% extra exp for each unique base job so you get 200% bonus exp, even then you get 600% bonus if you're in a instance and do search for a party.
>>
>>339592859
I think I'm 77 and the monsters in the Royal Mausoleum Floor 3 are like 86.
>>
>>339592980
Install betterquest.

https://github.com/Excrulon/Tree-of-Savior-Lua-Mods

https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4fa88z/betterquest_an_addonmod_for_the_quest_ui/
>>
>>339592980
I haven't had much time to play it since the cbt so I'm only 60, but now that you mention it I do vaguely remember having to grind for a bit around there, did you remember to do the settlement area?
>>
>>339588301

Korean games will always go wrong because korean developers will always design their games for the korean playerbase. Koreans love boring grindy pvp garbage so this is what your getting.

>/thread
>>
>>339588301
They did strike gold, they make tons off the retards that play these grindfests
>>
>>339593134
Looks good. Thanks. I'll give ToS another chance I guess.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.