[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gameshop horror stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9
File: ebgames.jpg (40 KB, 468x312) Image search: [Google]
ebgames.jpg
40 KB, 468x312
I've heard that EB Games/Gamestop is a horrific place to work for.

Post your best horror stories from your time as an employee there.

Horror stories of being a customer if you've got nothing else.
>>
one time the clerk asked if i wanted a new or used copy of the game, and i said new, and he gave me a confused look as if i didn't know what i was doing.
>>
>>339585532
Sounds traumatic.
>>
Where the fuck are the sale posters in OP pic?
how am i supposed to know hen a sale is on?
>>
>>339586164
EB ha sales?

Every time I see their stock it's way overpriced, regardless of how old the stock is.
>>
Im actually a store manager for GNC, the supplement shop. I find it kind of funny because alot of the big nig higher ups from gamestop have been swapping over to gnc. We're starting to feel the wrath now.
>>
I wouldn't call it horrible, but they tend to really abuse managers by basically not giving them enough people and hours to do anything in the store so they have to work 60 hour weeks constantly. More like 80 near the holidays.

I get a lot of the hate stories, I don't even enjoy going into other stores simply because it isn't easy to just browse around and buy something. I try to avoid doing most of the do you need all this bonus shit stuff, but we can get fired if we don't have high enough warranty's per day and shit.
>>
This shit takes the cake
http://prosjekt.eidvgs.no/ovedvik/
>>
>>339585318
>on holiday in murica, san fransisco
>go to gamestop, want to buy a GBA sp (only just released)
>"This one has altered esp settings, you can't find this anywhere else"
>bought into the hype, I still don't know what esp settings are to this day
>paid my dollarydoos
>left it on a tram the same day

FUCKING GAMESTOP
>>
File: 310.jpg (62 KB, 600x359) Image search: [Google]
310.jpg
62 KB, 600x359
>>339586425
yeah for some ungodly reason Every single EB games I have been to has had the entire store plastered with Sale stickers and shit all over it.
In fact the store that is closest to me has had their Sale shit up for 2 fucking years straight, I don't know whether they are too lazy to remove them, ot what but I chuckle every day since I work at the store across from it
>>
>>339587860
That store looks like a sale threw up all over it.
>>
>>339588492
That happens with every EB
>>
>>339588621
I honestly haven't walked past one in so long. Most of my shopping I know what I want when I'm going in and I get in and out as fast as I can. All I really shop for in malls now is clothes. I bought an iron about 3 months ago and a book about a month ago. Pretty sure that's the only things I've bought from a mall in like a year.
>>
>walk into gamestop to pick up my preorder
>hand the girl at the register my receipt
>she hands me a little sign with a number on it and tells me to sit wherever
>sit down at a booth and wait for my game
>10 minutes later the girl shows up and puts a burger and a tray of fries on my table and walks away
fucking gamestop
>>
>>339588845
wut
>>
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 960x540
>Walk into GameStop
>Looking to buy the Sly Cooper Collection
>Go to checkout
>"Do you have our edge card?"
>She holds up a credit card with shadow the hedgehog cutting himself
>"no thanks."
>"Oh are you sure!?" Her eyes are really wide and creepy
>"Yes I'm sure."
>"Well maybe you'd like to preorder Madden 2092, that'll be coming out eventually!"
>"N- No thank you.."
>Bitch pulls a gun and shoots me, killing me.
>Fucking gamestop
>Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1405472515287.png (7 KB, 399x332) Image search: [Google]
1405472515287.png
7 KB, 399x332
>>339585318
>Go to EB games
>They're having one of their constant sales.
>If you buy any two marked games you pay half the price of each game combined.
>So I buy a Shadows of Mordor ($60) and some ten dollar game, and pay $35 bucks all up.
>Get home, realize that Shadows of Mordor on PS3 plays like hot dog shit, take it back the next day.
>Girl behind the counter rings up my refund.
>All $60 bucks of it.
>Say nothing.
>Leave.
>A couple of days later come back in to return a game I bought at the other store in town.
>Same girl behind the counter.
>Her manager looks over her shoulder while she's doing my refund and reminders her to make sure to refund the proper amount.

FUCKING TOP JOB EB GAMES.
>>
I worked for a gamestop for about two years. The biggest issue I had with them is that they work culture is super corporate more so then other companies I've worked for. It's super jarring for the kiddies that signed on in holidays thinking it's fun times talking vidya when it's really time to shill that call of duty game.

Another thing is that they get away with hiring the least amount of people. My store never had anymore than 2 people working a shift except for holidays.

And for the love of god don't be an employee and try to steal from them. My old AM got busted fir that and they tied him up in court purely out of spite. Sure he got caught and gave everything back but I hear he would have rather just gone to jail then have to deal with being dragged through the mud.
>>
File: 1391283557307.gif (2 MB, 200x174) Image search: [Google]
1391283557307.gif
2 MB, 200x174
>walk into Game Crazy around march 2010
>qt redhead working at the counter
>shelf behind her is completely empty, this was around the time locations were starting to close down
>ask if they have any copies of Pokemon Soul Silver (i asked at another location in my town and all of their copies had already been sent back to the warehouse or something like that)
>cashier girl smiles shyly and turns around
>a fuckton of copies of Heart Gold and Soul Silver are sitting in rows on a red velvet blanket fringed with golden thread on the shelf behind her
>she grabs one and giggles a little bit while ringing me up
>walk out feeling confused as fuck
tl;dr magic ginger

Seriously though, this really happened and I still can't explain it to this day. I try not to think about it because it still freaks me the fuck out.
>>
File: Star Sapphire wondering.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
Star Sapphire wondering.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>>339587860
But how will I know if they have a sale on?

>>339591827
Onya Johnno
>>
>>339586971
This is absolutely true. The district manager of the store I was working at would consistently clock in 70-80 hours a week; he calculated his hours to pay ratio, and was making about 75% of what I was as a low-tier peon per hour.
>>
I used to work in one of their distribution centres. The safety standards were pretty bad. They'd encourage you not to wear safety footwear so that they wouldn't be liable if shit fell on your foot. Worked out nicely for them when a guy had a pallet of Wii Fit balance boards drop on his foot.
>>
File: huehuehue.jpg (12 KB, 208x147) Image search: [Google]
huehuehue.jpg
12 KB, 208x147
>>339589683
>"Do you have our edge card?"
>She holds up a credit card with shadow the hedgehog cutting himself
>>
>>339587039
Kek wtf
>web page is in Norwegian
>nynorsk instead of bokmål
Fuck nynorsk
>>
>>339589684
KEK
>>
File: FUCKING GAMESTOP.jpg (145 KB, 900x591) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING GAMESTOP.jpg
145 KB, 900x591
>>339589412
>>
>>339586000
>>
>>339593260
This place has some pretty good burgers
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.