[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong /v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: wp_ss_20160601_0001.png (291 KB, 396x455) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160601_0001.png
291 KB, 396x455
Why was this the worst version?
>>
Because it gave him absolutly no tactictle advantage.
>>
>>339577273
Troy Baker
>>
>>339577273
Because he had very little dialogue and didn't serve much purpose in the grander plot other than juxtaposing Kaz and instigating BB's grand ruse. PP is game full of missed opportunities and there are plenty for Ocelot

>no duel at high noon with Skullface
>no codec calls where he talks about westerns
>>
>>339579137
>no technology either
>>
>>339579352
That too. Goddamn I enjoyed PP, but it really should've been a 10/10 game that ended up being 7/10.

If only they gave Kojimbo another year.
>>
File: LiqOcI1.png (358 KB, 670x716) Image search: [Google]
LiqOcI1.png
358 KB, 670x716
>>339577273
>Expected Ocelot to be a gun slinging monster like he was in MGS3
>Expected amazingly cheesy revolver juggling
>Expected constant codex calls about Western movies
>Expected him riding with Venom on horseback shooting convoys of Russkies with a Wild West music playing on the background.
>Expected a High Noon shootout with Skullface, who's presented as the evil sheriff in two games.

Instead we have the creepy uncle who just loiters around Mother Base. I'd say V is worse than 4 simply because of all the missed opportunities.
>>
>>339579939
i expected a revolver stand off like when you equip his revolver in snake eater

but konami just wanted money
>>
>>339577273
inconsistent accent
>>
>>339579468
>If only they gave Kojimbo another year.

If only Kojimbo managed his time instead of being a money sponge.
>>
>>339579468
>If only they gave Kojimbo another year.
We'd probably get one more good trailer and that's about it. Also some Joosten photos.
>>
>his revolvers don't even remotely remind S.A.A.

>MGS3 - Hurr durr SAA best gun ever
>MGS5 - Hey Boss, where's my UR A GUN hurr
>MGS1 - Hurr durr SAA best gun ever
>>
>>339579939

V is definitely worse than 4 because the gameplay, while still solid, is just 40+ hours of doing the exact same shit over and over and over. Give MGS4 shit for being too short, by all means, but at least each chapter tried putting you in a different scenario, be it a battleground, tailing mission, stealthily infiltrating a robot-infested complex, etc.

Guess it also doesn't help that V is obviously incomplete and most of its characters seem two-dimensional because of it. Kaz for example is nothing but MUH CIPHER REVENGE every fucking mission, and you do jack shit to Cipher in V. Ocelot, like you said, is just kinda there. Eli just fucks off randomly.
>>
>>339580124
That would have been an awesome Easter Egg. Pull out a gun near Ocelot on base and he pulls his own revolver out, pointing it at him saying something like, "Sorry boss, I'm still the quicker draw."
>>
>>339577273
Because hes just a plain character and he adds nothing to the game.
>>
File: 1460939774145.png (294 KB, 524x602) Image search: [Google]
1460939774145.png
294 KB, 524x602
>>
>MGS1: duplicitous cool vain asshole with a gun
>MGS2: duplicitous cool vain asshole with a gun
>MGS3: duplicitous cool vain asshole with a gun
>MGS4: duplicitous cool vain asshole with a gun
>MGS5: some guy
>>
because he didnt do anything
>>
>>339581045
>Sorry boss, I'm still the quicker draw.
B-but you drew the gun before him ;_;
>>
yeah this is why i dislike this game.

mgs4 went from 6/10 to 8/10 when i realized that ocelot faked it all to revive his husbando, that's some fucking impressive dedication.

in this game he's like 'eh'.
>>
File: cba.jpg (563 KB, 3508x2480) Image search: [Google]
cba.jpg
563 KB, 3508x2480
>>
>>339577273
>Why wasn't it the worst version
>>
>>339577273
Choosing texas man for the voice was a garbage mistake.
>>
Different character with a similiar name
>no torture fetish
>no stylin
>just a lexicon that read ahead of the script
I believe he is kojimas self insert to handhold the player and defend his shitty waifu
>>
>>339582335
Kojima always self-inserts as Emmerich.
>>
>>339582803
But Huey is a terrible person.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.