[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOLY SIGMAR, BLESS THIS RAVAGED Vermintide thread. Did you enjoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: vermintide.jpg (344 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
vermintide.jpg
344 KB, 1080x1080
HOLY SIGMAR, BLESS THIS RAVAGED Vermintide thread.

Did you enjoy the free weekend? Did the population increase? Is there still hope for this gem in the rough? Discuss away.
>>
>>339559359
I think I'm done with this game for now, but if they release a vermintide 2 it'll be a day one purchase for me.
>>
>>339559467
Have they not hinted or announced any kind of upcoming content?
>>
I read that there is numerous bugs and issues. I had a lot of fun with this game last free weekend. It's been on my wish list for a while and I'm not really playing any online multiplayer games right now. Maybe I willbuy when it's on sale but idk if the dev are supporting their game.
>>
>>339559772
the free weekend was to promote the first dlc they released
>>
File: Heroes of the Endtimes.jpg (427 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Heroes of the Endtimes.jpg
427 KB, 1920x1080
>>339559359
>tfw m8s and I got the Cataclysm banner about a month ago
>tfw the DLC was just released
I don't understand why the game has been getting so many bad reviews over the free weekend. I think the game's pretty good. The bugs do cause problems certainly, and it's probably just that I've become so used to them that they actually seem like features now. I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys either the Warhammer universe of LFD sort of games.
>>
What new characters would you want added?

What new Skaven do you want added?
>>
File: 1460167657216.jpg (26 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
1460167657216.jpg
26 KB, 318x318
>>339559359
>Did you enjoy the free weekend?

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>339559998
>new characters
I know fuck all about Warhammer so I don't know.
>new Skaven
Stormogre
It's like an ogre, but with stormvermin armor and a large hammer, sort of like what Kruber can use, but upscaled for an ogre.
>>
>Free weekend during the first weekend of Overwatch, and it's a holiday weekend.
They really didn't think they should have waited one more week? The free weekend wasn't even extended for the holiday.
>>
I played it during the free weekend and enjoyed the fuck out of it but i didn't see a point in buying it since none of my friends play it and it seems like it would get pretty boring playing with randoms all the time.

I might pick it up at some point down the road.
>>
>>339559998
They're probably not going to add anything else, but I'd enjoy seeing a Slayer or a Bretonnian Knight. The classes already cover the essence of Warhammer Fantasy so, like I said, there's little chance of that happening. As for enemies, I think it'd be hilarious to face a Doomwheel.
>>
>>339560247
These things are planned months in advance.
>>
>>339559998
MOTHER
FUCKING
LIZARDMEN
>>
>>339560329
This.
The game is much more enjoyable with 3 friends and VoIP.
>>
>>339560247
Total warhammer was just released too. Can't think of a worse fucking time for vermintide.
>>
>>339560416
So was Overwatch's release date. And that still doesn't explain why the free weekend wasn't extended for Monday. The game's 25 gigabytes, a good portion of gamers can't even download that in a weekend, and that's if they don't have a bandwidth cap.
>>
>>339560496
Are we to autistic to talk to people in game and make new friends?
>>
It's kind of meh.

Also everything is so muddy and blurry on highest graphics.
>>
>>339560364
I myself would love a Warrior Priest, but I can't imagine there's many weapon options (especially any that aren't already in the game), or spells that would be useful/fit in the game either.
>>
>>339559998
A Bretonnian peasant that uses a bunch of wooden shields as his weapon.

Like he just has a rack on his back so that when one breaks he can pull another off.
>>
>>339560671
Not necessarily. I've played around with random people and it's alright, but I've just found that it's more enjoyable, and generally more successful if you actually know the people you're playing with.
>>
>>339560671
I'm a misanthrope, i have a hard time liking new people. I generally think everyone's a cunt until proven otherwise.
>>
>>339560516
Not the anon you responded to, but that likely made sense considering both total war warhammer and warhammer - vermintide deal with the warhammer fantasy universe.
>>
I tried the game out and ended up refunding it.

Chivalry hit the spot for first person melee but this game just felt like a spam fest. also every match with players some dumbass would go YOLOSOLOFOLO and die, i found the computer controlled players infinitely better
>>
Hope the PS4 version has split screen

who the fuck am i kidding though
>>
File: Emtional-Skeleton20.jpg (61 KB, 630x467) Image search: [Google]
Emtional-Skeleton20.jpg
61 KB, 630x467
>>339559905
DLC looked like a pretty cool idea. I thought it was going to be a vampire based expansion where you're running through a Vampire Count castle fighting skellies and crypthorrors because mad vamp wanted to invade city. But nope, just more fucking Skaven, in a cool looking environment.
>>
>>339560875
I found that the AI would just refuse to use healing items no matter how low their health was
>>
>>339561089
I've found the exact opposite. The bots will take any and all healing items even if I'm about to fucking die, and they won't use anything else. No bombs, no potions, just all the healing Shallyas that I may need.
>>
I love the shit out of these game but I got some complaints.

>Game is basically dead and the AI are so unreliable youre better off just not playing
>Graphics have the ability to look amazing, but somehow end up looking more brown than Gears of War
>No playable skaven joke character
>>
>>339561673
I know you're joking, but imagine the triggering that would cause. The Witch Hunter is already stretching it by fighting alongside the mage and an elf.
>>
>>339561861
I honestly would like to play a Skaven simply because the entire situation would cause the best bantz this side of Saltzpyre seeing the Elf die
>>
I really enjoy the game and even though people say its dead I've never had any trouble filling my lobbies (although usually I play with friends like any sensible person).
The new DLC was pretty great, got through them on Cata to get the new banner and now I'm just waiting for the next update that's coming this month.

I don't understand the free weekend reviews. Some of them complain about matchmaking and the way they do it makes it obvious they never used the lobby browser. Some complain about performance which is fine I guess, but I can play it fine on a toaster.

As for any new characters/enemies. I'd rather take new weapon types instead of characters. There's a lot of banter and dialogue between the characters so incorporating a new one would force every other voice actor to do stuff as well.
For skaven I think there's a lot of special enemies that they can still utilize.
As for new factions there's no way in hell they will add something like undead. Get your head checked if you think something else.
>>
>>339561089

still better than having to revive some dumbass who decided they were a special snowflake and thought they were playing CoD
>>
File: liberator.jpg (24 KB, 276x280) Image search: [Google]
liberator.jpg
24 KB, 276x280
>>339562246
>As for new factions there's no way in hell they will add something like undead. Get your head checked if you think something else.
It's the End Times. The Empire ends up working with Nagash and Mannfred von Carstein to stop Chaos.

They failed, by the way.
>>
>>339559359
>decide to give the game a try
>dont find any matches, decide to just play solo
>it really is a L4D clone
>despite having more than half my hp, get downed by some special
>bots around the corner just sitting there while rats beat the shit out of me
Uninstalled immediately. I know they were bots and bots usually are retarded... but in L4D the bots would at least come back for you.
>>
File: Beasties.jpg (55 KB, 620x250) Image search: [Google]
Beasties.jpg
55 KB, 620x250
I wish there was more variety in terms of monster encounters, with the same kind of elite monster variety of course.

There are far more frightening beasts in Warhammer universe, and Skaven weren't the only thing running around ravaging and pillaging. Beastmen were let loose and literally raped the Wood Elves.
>>
>>339559980
>I don't understand why the game has been getting so many bad reviews over the free weekend

Matchmaking doesn't work, at least for newcomers. It's the default way to start a game and many don't have a clue about lobbies because it's not part of the game's hub area like matchmaking is. So it kills the point of a multiplayer game when you can't find anyone to play with.
>>
>80 hours in
>STILL no exotic Dwarf 2H

Yeah fuck this game.
>>
>>339563123
>150 hours in
>not one orange trinket
Such is life with a physics based roll system
>>
>>339563427
It's not, though. You can tell if you get an orange since it gives you the achievement before the dice are even rolled.

It's purely cosmetic.
>>
File: img4fceaed2ded5d.jpg (350 KB, 1348x906) Image search: [Google]
img4fceaed2ded5d.jpg
350 KB, 1348x906
Never going to happen, but imagine an Ogre Merc hero able to carry a handcannon. Imagine firing it on Rat Ogres.
>>
>>339563678
Wouldn't that only work if you've never gotten an orange before? Having already gotten an orange, it wouldn't do much good to try and rely on that.
>>
>>339563008
I only ever played this game during the free weekend I had no problem finding the lobby. You do have a good point about a design flaw.
>>
>might buy it
>have to grind forever to have proper fun

No
>>
>>339560683
this.
it's just boring. it plays things too safe for my tastes. woulda been better if you actually leveled up and had skills and possibly an ultimate. the spellcaster is basically a charge attack clusters while hiding behind swordsman. really boring gameplay.
>>
>>339562575
I know my lore. However the point was that the amount of work for a new faction is so immense that you might as well make a new game at that point
>>
>>339562663
They were suppressed by a ratling gunner. Otherwise the bots stop at nothing to save you.
>>
this criticism of the bots is confusing to me

my experience with the bots made me think they were really well made

they stay on you close, they duck for cover when shot at by ratlings and gassers, they heal both themselves and each other and you, and even with the variable surfaces they never got stuck or get lost
>>
>>339560875
Too bad chivalry sucks dick now with everyone using that dragging spin to win shit and generally being tryhards
>>
>>339559998
What new characters would you want added?
Ogre mercenary would most likely be the next logical step.

What new Skaven do you want added?
We've already seen Clan Eshin with the gutter runners.

We've already seen Clan Skrye with the Globadiers and Ratling Gunners.

We've already seen Clan Moulder with the Packmasters and Rat Ogres

But what about fucking Clan Pestilen? We could use some plague monks who can be infantry unit that does massive AOE damage when you get near him up close when you get close to them and require the rangers to take them out fast.
>>
>>339566905
Stormfiends would be neat, though I'm not sure what gimmick they could have that doesn't overlap with Stormvermin/Gunner.
>>
When's Drachenfels.
>>
>>339559998
I want to see a Skaven from Clan Skurvy. It'll just be a Skaven in a gay little pirate hat and that's it
>>
>>339571425
It's already out m8
>>
>>339559998
A Bretonnian, Knight of the Blazing Sun, and an Ogre merc sound reasonable. I'd love any of those and would gladly lay down coin.

If the added in an orc, I'd cream my pants. But there's no way that'd happen.
>>
File: hurr.jpg (27 KB, 583x278) Image search: [Google]
hurr.jpg
27 KB, 583x278
>>339560976
>VERMINTIDE
>just more fucking Skaven
>>
File: Gotrek.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Gotrek.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1280
>>339559998
>What new characters would you want added?
Fuck all this shit I want a Gotrek and Felix game with Chivalry-level combat.
>>
>>339559359
me and my LAN of 4 people really enjoyed L4D2.. is this worth picking up? how much depth is there to it?

Watching videos it looks like Skyrim combat, is that the case?
>>
>>339559905
DLC is too expensive.
>>
>its going to get so much content and new characters!
>this is just the release, it will have way more content!
>dead a fuck, DLC is overpriced and gives fuck all, developers have effectively abandoned the game
Called it.
>>
>>339575176
Hell naw. Skyrim is floaty garbage. Vermintide has a few problems but the one thing it does well is melee. It has weight, it has great sounds and it feels really responsive and meaty. Sending a pack of skaven flying with a swing of your hammer is satisfying, and practically the reason I keep playing.

Its a cheap game, I suggest you give it a whirl
>>
>>339576124
>devs have abandoned it
Are you pretending to be retarded?
Half their team is working on a console port and the other half is working on bug fixes, optimization, and new content.

Also if you don't want to pay for the DLC the game has the same system as PD2 where you can play with someone who owns the dlc
>>
>>339561861

Elf should really be no issue for a Witch Hunter.
>>
Game is fun, but everyone just plays Horn of Magnus over and over since it's the easiest mission, it's the one everyone knows and the loot is the same. Certain weapons like the trueflight bow, bolt staff and drakefire pistols are OP as fuck making other weapons useless.
>>
no host migration means dead game
>>
Whats the best dwarf primary
>>
>>339576954
Axe and shield.
>>
>>339576954
I personally use the Axe and Shield because the shield bash is faster than the Hammer and Shield. Not doing much damage doesn't matter when skaven shits can't stand up to attack your team for more than a split second before being knocked down by constant shield bashes over and over again. Axe is the secondary only ever used on special skavens like Sotrmvermin and the Rat Ogre. Use potions of strength because otherwise the shield bash will swing so fast with a potion of speed it won't register the hit on the enemies.

Great Axe if you want to kill shit, though get a health regen on kill rune on it before using it.
>>
>>339576954
I go with the 2h hammer. Hammer and shield is also fine.
I cant see a benefit for 1h weapons with no shield somehow.
Overall this game is worth it. Purchase it if you find a discount or not.
The game is far from dead.
Grind is a lie. Only if you are a turbo sperg. Skill compensates everything.
>>
>>339576501
>console port
Entirely wasted time and money

>new content
PFTHAHAH, good fucking one anon, good one.

I dont think a couple of rehashed maps and an equally shit itemization system counts as 'new content', but nice try.
>>
>>339576501
>and the other half is working on bug fixes, optimization, and new content.
That explains why the game runs well now- oh wait no, it doesn't
>>
>>339577285
>The game is far from dead.
>2k peak
The game is dead.
>>
>>339577486

Unlike say online shooters, Vermintide still works fine at these low player numbers.
I mean yeah its "dead" in one sense, but you can play it to the fullest, I never have trouble finding people to play with in the EU
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.