[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: Red_Faction_Guerrilla_Cover.jpg (30 KB, 378x456) Image search: [Google]
Red_Faction_Guerrilla_Cover.jpg
30 KB, 378x456
What am I in for?
>>
>>339559240
Great game, awesome destructible environments. Really fun cheats, too.

Avoid the "sequel" like the plague.
>>
>>339559297
MERCY A SHIT
>>
>>339559240
Being a literal terrorist.
It's fun.
>>
a good time
>>
>>339559240
Actual fun destructive enviroments and buildings. Also just aimlessly wandering around fucking shit up. Avoid armageddon thoufh because it was shit.
>>
>>339559240
literally ripping and tearing everything
>>
>>339559240
A grand old time.

Don't ruin yourself with playing the sequel to Gorilla, though. It is a bad game.
>>
>>339559297
McCree is the most OP piece of shit in the game
Can counter every hero and kill them in 1.5 seconds just by pressing E then M2
fucking stupid
>>
A great time. Wrecking shit in this game is so much fun.
>>
>>339559240
Troy Baker
>>
>>339559240
its boring but it is fun knocking down buildings
>>
>>339559240
Open barren landscape with barely anything to destroy, but the times you do get to destroy is fucking awesome.
Shitty main story, but surprisingly fun side quests.
good, but probably dead multiplayer.
and as >>339559384 said, great cheats. Something you don't expect from a 7th gen game.
>>
>>339559240

Very dynamic destruction that somehow didn't catch on in the sequels or adopted into other games.

Wish you could control the demolition mechs more and be able to fly the aircrafts.
>>
>>339559240
Last game I played that had good, fun cheats.

The ones that make your sledge super-powerful are especially fun for slingshotting vehicles into buildings.
>>
Fun

One of my favorite games in recent history. I got onto top ten rankings for all the MP leaderboards. It's so much fun fucking with guards with buildings
>>
>>339559826
And uninstalled, thanks.
>>
>>339560239
>im an autist maximo
>>
>>339559240
An amazing game that I am absolutely surprised that no one has ripped off yet.
Seriously though Red Faction Guerrilla is one of my favourite games and no one else has matched its level of destruction or physics yet. Crackdown is shit so I have no hopes for the new one overtaking Guerrilla's level.
Are developers genuinelly retarded? Clearly everyone loved Guerrilla and the destruction in it, wouldn't it be smart to copy the model?
>>
A game that needed a sequel but never got one.
>>
>>339560480
kek
>>
>Have to kill some guys in a building
>They give you guns adn ammo
>Go around and instead steal a massive building truck on the streets
>Rampaging through everything, go to the mission point and just smash the hulk into the building, collapsing it in seconds with everyone inside
>OBJECTIVE DONE

Yeh it's fun
>>
>>339559240
A video game.
I've never understood these threads. If you bought it, you probably have some idea of what it is. If you don't, then you're a shitty consumer who will probably buy anything.
>>
>>339560458
Well seeing as we got Armageddon afterwards is say they are retarded

Seriously how the fuck did this masterpiece not get a sequel a proper one? Destroying shit so dynamically was pure fun
>>
>>339560602
It's crazy how much fun the game was despite its shit-tier story and formulaic structure.
Goes to show that gameplay > story 100%
>>
Really fun destructible environments but not a whole lot else.
>>
>>339560695
I am with you on this.
>>
>>339560720
It makes no sense at all how Armageddon turned out.
The 1 amazingly good aspect of Guerrilla was the destruction, so they make a sequel where that aspect barely exists..?
I hope whoever was behind that decision was fired immediately upon the games release
>>
>>339560602
That's why I love the side missions, they are surprisingly open-ended.
>mission to save some hostage and get her to safety
>in some small edf building near a road
>rather than smashing my way in guns blazing I calmly park my car outside the wall behind the hostage
>blow open the door using explosives, kill 2 guards
>kill the rest with superior hammer
>release hostage, smash down wall where my getaway vehicle is waiting right outside
>drive away like a madman
Was so much fun making master plans to blow up a whole fuck-ton of shit.
Especially if tribals decide to join in.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 540x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 540x390
>>339560908
Your post made me realize that this game is basically an insurgent terrorist simulator. The best tactics are always the conniving, hit-and-run plans.

Hell, now that I think about it, the actual story (bland as it was) is about you being a terrorist. There's even a public support/propaganda element.
>>
>>339561269
its literally called red faction GUERRILLA
>>
>>339561472
I wasn't a very bright teenager
>>
>>339561643
I actually hired it out from a dvd shop when it became $1 for 8 days. They had those terrible photocopy cases and I thought it was gonna be some FPS style game. Ended up loving it.
>>
>Take a jet pack ontop of a building
>Set C4 charges ontop of it and go full tactical breech mode leaving the inside a warzobe

Or
>Take a sledge hammer and knock the thing down from the outside till the roof gives in s crushes the guys inside

Or
>Knock down a tower next to the building and let it crush the building

This is why I love this game
>>
>>339563476

>Driving a semi full speed up a ramp and into a building, getting out and shooting the surviving stragglers.
>>
>>339559240
Amazing game that will just depress you that there isn't a sequel.
Great destruction physics, though the buildings are as easy to destroy as cardboard.
A sequel with larger more complex cities and larger structures would be amazing for the destruction.
>>
>>339560458
They're the same developers that followed up Saints Row 2 with Saints Row 3, 4 and Gat Out of Hell...
Volition must have had something happen to them between these games...
>>
>>339559240
Put it on easy and break everything. This game is seriously fun, one of my favorites.
>>
>>339564121
>Load a truck with C4 and drive it full speed into a building. Bail out at the last second and blow the thing up as it crashes
>>
a bug laden piece of garbo. on PC anyway
>>
>>339565512
What's wrong with the steam version?
>>
>>339559240
A great fucking game.
>>
>>339559240
A real "smashing" time
>>
>>339565512
They've updated the game with steamworks. It seems much more stable than the GFWL release.
>>
>>339559240
Destruction the boredom. Mostly because destroying a bunch of empty buildings can get boring sometimes. I was hoping there would be a place where its city like, but each area only has like three or four buildings to destroy.

Sequel ain't bad. They went back to linear game-play instead of open-world.
>>
>>339569015

Fuckin this, the game sucks. Don't know why Armageddon gets so much hate. Red Faction 2 for the PS2 is the best one though.
>>
File: 1460471881256.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1460471881256.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>339570098
>Red Faction 2 for the PS2 is the best one though.
There are times when bait can go too far.
>>
>>339559240
good game at the time, boring sandbox looking like shit right now.
>>
>>339570292

Guerrilla sucks, I want my $2.99 back. You fags tricked me.
>>
A whole ton of fun if the online play is still alive. I must have spent 5 minutes in the actual game and 60 hours online.
>>
>>339559240
Best of the series.

Guerrilla>=1(The only thing dragging one down are the sneaking levels)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Armageddon=2
>>
>>339560602

>he didn't max upgrade for mines and blanket dump trucks in them then crash into the building
>he didn't get the small fast buggy and cover it in mines then launch it off a hill and into the objective
>>
File: 2014-10-07_00002.jpg (224 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
2014-10-07_00002.jpg
224 KB, 1440x900
I don't think much people has noticed this, but the stealth in this game is also somewhat decent. You can perfectly do the Rescue missions without being caught, and destroy entire EDF bases without them noticing you, if you don't let more than one soldier see you at the same time and kill him quickly.

If you do fuck up, you can hide and they will set up a perimeter looking for you. I've ever seen scout cars go out of their garages and look for me, then give up and park again.

Also, remote charges won't reveal you if noone sees you setting/detonating it, but they will attract soldiers to the location where they exploded.

Playing the game at the highest difficulty and going the stealth route was the most fun i've ever had in years.
>>
File: 2014-04-17_00010.jpg (238 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
2014-04-17_00010.jpg
238 KB, 1440x900
>>339572943
Pic related.
>>
>>339559240
The best destruction in any game ever made that oddly no company has even attempted to come close to.
>>
File: hulk.png (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
hulk.png
19 KB, 500x500
>>
and now I have to reinstal this game, fuck you op.
>>
>>339572943
he looks like drake from these angles
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.