[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 2ee.jpg (34 KB, 612x344) Image search: [Google]
2ee.jpg
34 KB, 612x344
So after finally getting around to playing Dark Souls in its entirety I decided to start Dark Souls 2.

I have the Scholar of the First Sin edition and despite similar mechanics I really can't get into it.

Everything seems off, the game play doesn't seem as fair as the first and the level design is terrible.

Any words of advise to get me through this game or should I skip it and go to the third one

inb4 git gud
>>
Alot of the mob placement and level design in scholar of sin plays with your expectations from previously beating the game. Beat it without expansion first, then when youre not so terrible at the game play scholar you fucking casual
>>
>>339557901
its shit dont bother

ds3 is just bloodborne so if you didnt like that then dont bother either, heavy weapons are all extremely shit and poise doesnt exist so light weapons are king in pve and pvp
>>
>>339558109
can you disable it? I just bought that version
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 425x481) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 425x481
>>339558109
>Trying to make OP play worst game twice

Who #DEVILISH here?
>>
>>339558304
>weapons that can't be parried, have hyper armor, and stun the enemy even if you only hit the ground near them are bad

I bet the estoc and dark sword are op huh
>>
>>339557901
2 fixed exploits from 1 by going to the extreme so a lot of things you did in 1 will never work at all in 2.
>people keep circle strafing and backstabbing everything instead of learning the combat mechanics
>lets make all the enemies turn during all animations so they can't backstab anything!
>>
>>339558109
>SotFS's enemy placement is "better"

No it isn't. I can't believe people still repeat this blatant lie.

Different isn't the same thing as better, and enemy placement was the LEAST of DaS2's troubles.

The movement, combat and generally fucking everything are terrible.

Dark Souls 2 is irredeemable, and no last-minute polish job can change that.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (9 KB, 254x52) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
9 KB, 254x52
>>339558327
mine looks like this so i dont know.
>>
>>339558460
>holy shit wow i cant trade with a ugs and win so they're really good

try using one against someone who can locate the roll button
>>
>>339558852
SotFS's story content and patches were applied to the vanilla game.

But you also bought the upgrade on Steam that makes the graphics slightly better and adds 6 player PvP.
>>
>>339557901
I've been playing this for the first time over the past couple weeks, I swear the only reason they made the enemies despawn was not to prevent grinding, but to make up for the shitty ass enemy placement.
>>
>>339558905
>enemy rolls away to estus
>astora great sword l2

Literally get good, I've played with all the sword types and ugs is the easiest by far, the only valid criticism for straight swords at this point is the dark swords broken as fuck phantom range which isn't unique to that weapon
Did you know the nameless kings weapon has more range than the washing pole and some spears, that's bullshit
>>
I'm 25 hours into my first playthrough. I felt like you in the begining but now it's gotten better. Still, I'm not as invested as I was with the first one. Most of the bosses and areas so far were forgettable. Hopefully the end game+DLC will raise the bar
>>
File: Old Iron King.png (1 MB, 1106x767) Image search: [Google]
Old Iron King.png
1 MB, 1106x767
>>339558365
worst game in the only series worth playing in years so yeah

dont listen to these faggots op, they do nothing but shitpost all day and have lost all context. dark souls 2 is great
>>
>>339559125
>I swear the only reason they made the enemies despawn was not to prevent grinding, but to make up for the shitty ass enemy placement.
Git gud you fucking casual, how do you even despawn a zone involuntarily?
>>
>>339559613
dont listen to this faggot, op, he does nothing but shitpost all day and has lost all context. dark souls 2 is terrible
>>
>>339559860
Don't listen to this retard, he's just a bandwagonner, Dark Souls 2 is good. Not great, but good.
>>
>>339557901

desu OP, I'd skip Dark Souls 2 if I were you.

Dark Souls 1 > Demon Souls> Dark Souls 3 > Bloodborne > Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls 2 SotFS
>>
>>339559613

Yeah, but bosses range from frustrating as shit to downright laughable, I spent hours on lost sinner becauset he road to get there takes a lot of patience, also, you don't have a lot of estus, which doesn't really matter since some idiot at from thought it'd be great to make the estus animation take like 8 seconds or some shit, it's great of PVP but fuck you up in PvE.

Old Iron king is a joke, got him alone on my first try, smelter demon gave me more trouble.

My problem is also the enemy placement and level design, more often than not you will find yourself in a small as shit corridor getting ambushed by a lot of the same enemy, and this games does this a lot, place you vs two or more strong foes.

Also some bosses are way too far away from a bonfire, and getting to the boss again is a chore due to said small corridors and enemy placement.
>>
>>339559843
By having close to 300 deaths in total at the moment.
>>
>>339560230
holy shit hahahha
>>
>>339557901
DS2 is the least good game of the souls/borne games.

It made things pretty interesting with the addition of powerstancing which gave us great new ways to fuck around with dual-wielding, but it's world design isn't something that necessarily has something obviously wrong with it, but it fails to make the world as good as it was in DaS1 because they didn't make the world plausibly contiguous.

If you look at how the entire world of DaS1 fits together, it actually does fit together really well, like a giant magnificent puzzle, but DaS2 has all sorts of shit overlapping or not making sense in horrible and obvious ways even without looking at a render of the map files.

There was also the way they seemed to not really want to touch the stuff from DaS1, and looked like they were presumably setting things up to be a longer running series, talking about how the whole thing was just an endless cycle.

The enemy design was mostly fine, but they goofed with layouts and numbers, and mostly just made things "difficult" by ramping up the number of enemies, who didn't necessarily feel like they fit with wherever they were located.

DS2 isn't a "bad" game, but if you want more of what DaS1 offered, it's certainly skippable, and you should play DS3 for a game that takes what little DS2 did right and incorporates it into a game that is as well made as DS1.
>>
>>339560860

annnnnnnnnd /thread
>>
>>339557901
>git gud
But seriously, if you've beaten a Souls game (doesn't matter which one), any subsequent Souls game should NOT be an issue for anyone even half competent. Or did you grind and grind until you could just power through with no skill? Probably grind.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.