[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UN-COMFY SUMMER GAMING THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: sweaty_guy.jpg (58 KB, 474x350) Image search: [Google]
sweaty_guy.jpg
58 KB, 474x350
>Outside temps in the 80's
>So much pollen from the trees outside that I don't dare open my window
>Upstairs bedroom where I have my PC is hot and stuff thanks to shitty AC in a house that was built in the 1920's.
>Just spent almost $70 on a huge new fan but it's still not enough
>Palms sweaty
>Vomit on my sweater
>Mom's spaghetti

And summer is barely beginning...
How do we cope with these un-comfy times, fellow gamers?
>>
I don't do much gaming during summer anyways.
Mostly zone out in front of computer and watch netflix.
>>
>>339532457
Try living somewhere where civilised humans were meant to live.
>>
>>339534110
>Northeast Ohio

Nah, you're right. This place is too savage for gentlesirs such as you and I, good anon.
I really should move somewhere more patrician like Britain or the Norwegian region.
>>
>sun down
>still sweating
>want to play witcher 3
>will probably burn myself doing it
i want death
>>
File: aint no thang.gif (769 KB, 429x241) Image search: [Google]
aint no thang.gif
769 KB, 429x241
>>339532457
>you have a basement apartment
>>
>weekend that doom comes out
>GPU is at around 50 degrees Celsius
>aw fuck yeah

>past few days
>76 degrees
FUCK
>>
>>339532457
>live in England
>summer is a total of 9 days with > 25 degC and occasional sunshine
>just keeps on raining otherwise
>windy
>the sun is nowhere to be seen, just the eternal grey sky

I've always thought that living in a cooler climate would suit me more than goddamn heatwaves, but not having seen the sun for several weeks turns your mood to shit, that's why everyone in England is so fucking miserable all the time.
>>
>>339532457
Picking up a new fan soon. I didn't replace my second one that broke because it was winter and I didn't need to worry about airflow. Now it's Summer and I need it like a bitch.

Until then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0xBCwkg3E
>>
>live in a third world Country
>still have to listen to Americans use Fahrenheit
get fucking real already
>>
Fans will only make your room warmer.
>>
>>339532457
>temperatures in the 80s
>hot

Try 120 degrees. That's what it's going to be here this weekend
>>
>>339534578
>Northeast Ohio
>Hot

Try living I'm AZ from June to August and see how quickly your mine changes. 77 degrees isn't hot, nigger.
>>
>>339532457
It's supposed to hit 116 here over the week. Not looking forward to summer also containing monsoons and big ugly beetles.
>>
I realize that not every living area can accomodate this, but make the effort to close a space off

foil (or at least cardboard) on windows, towels under doors, close vents to rooms that dont need AC

my electric bill is usually under 100 and I never let myself sweat

because I keep to one room once the temperature rises
>>
Just get a window AC unit. I run mine all day. It's loud as fuck but at least I'm not dying.

I just wish I had my old headphones that blocked almost all noise
>>
>Outside temps in the 80s
>80s
You baby motherfucker. I work outside in 94+ weather regularly.
>>
>have to drive for a couple of hours today
>warm as fuck, back gets sweaty and sticks to the leather
>on the way back thunder and lightning and retard rain making me fucking hydroplane every three feet
>can't play games because there's lightning going off all the time and i don't want to fry my computer
Fuck El NiƱo, fuck global warming and fuck this weather
Just leave me with my boring cloudy summers
>>
>>339538398
Arizona?
>>
>live in a two-story house
>ground floor is well insulated, cool as fuck all summer and hot in the winter due to the fireplace
>first floor, where I keep my rig is a living nightmare, with my windows facing west and almost no air movement
>tfw you sweat in your room with your roller-blinds almost completly closed as you experience mood swings from 'I have no friends' to 'I might finally score this weekend'
>>
Got a 5000 BTU ac for my room, feels good.
>>
>>339538828
Yes. I also have no ACin my car so it's extra suffering.
>>
>>339538801
Must be nice living with no humidity.
>>
File: housecentipede.jpg (25 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
housecentipede.jpg
25 KB, 400x320
Don't mind me anon, just passing through! Enjoy your game!
>>
File: hamlet-laurence-olivier.jpg (45 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
hamlet-laurence-olivier.jpg
45 KB, 500x450
>>339539578
That's it I'm just going to embrace death. The only true time for gaming is during fall and winter. Other times of year there is literally zero reason to live
>>
>>339539107
As long as you don't live in Buckeye, South Chandler, or Apache Junction, at least the monsoons and dust storms could be worse.
>>
File: fug.jpg (4 MB, 3480x4620) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
4 MB, 3480x4620
>tfw allergies are finally kicking in
>humidity makes going outside a pain in the ass
>on again/off again rain and sun doesn't help at all

It's comfy in the apartment but staying outside for prolonged periods of time make me want to die.
>>
>>339538284
Try 86. Probably still not bad compared to Arizona but shit gets hot.
>>
File: 1456862214664.jpg (176 KB, 926x875) Image search: [Google]
1456862214664.jpg
176 KB, 926x875
>>339537909
>>
>>339540320
Nigger, 86 is considered beautiful springtime weather here
>>
>>339539578

But these guys are your friends
>>
I once spent a summer in a wooden house with no AC.

I slept on the top floor and sometimes it would get so hot I would lay garbage bags down on my mattress just to keep it from getting drenched.

I'd wake up, butt naked, in a pool of my own sweat.

Good times.
>>
File: 1461041991857.jpg (65 KB, 784x444) Image search: [Google]
1461041991857.jpg
65 KB, 784x444
>>339540530
>shitposting form Hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id6nCa_OTEM
>>
I just play games until I get a headache and then masturbate a couple times until I pass out from what I assume is heat exhaustion.
>>
File: 1457346357980.png (244 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
1457346357980.png
244 KB, 480x368
>start playing UT4
>graphics cause my PC to reach 70-80c
>hotboxes my room, which was 80F to begin with

And I forgot to buy popsicles today, fug.
>>
>>339532457
>Have the day off
>Ooh boy what a beautiful sunny day I should go outside
>Walk up to glass door
>Notice there is actually so much pollen in the air I can see it
>Turn to look at thermometer
>91 degrees outside
>Go back to bed and don't even bother getting dressed for the day

It's still technically spring
This is gonna be a rough summer
>>
>>339537598
Where you at? North yorkshire has being 15+ for a while
>>
>live in Phoenix
>first floor of the house is nice and cool
>second floor where my room is is pretty much an oven in the summer because of the vaulted ceiling in the living room
>can't open the window at night to cool my room off when the temperature is nice because the neighbor has three olive trees in their backyard and that shit makes my eyes itch and swell in less than 5 minutes
>been mid-90s at the highest this year so far, but going to be 120 this weekend

Kill me
>>
>>339541573
Isn't it at least a dry heat, so it gets cool during the night?

Here in PA its fucking humid and raining every day and during the nights you often wake up in a pool of sweat thanks to all the moisture in the air.
>>
>>339541923
In theory it should get cool at night, but during the worst part of the summer (when it's 120+ during the day), it's still low 90s at night because the asphalt radiates so much heat. Either way though, my room gets stuffy as hell and remains so, even at night since I can't open my window due to the olive trees outside. If I open it, my eyes itch and swell, and I look like I have pinkeye for the next 2 days.

Also, for about a month and a half or so from early July to late August, we get dust storms and monsoons at night and the days are humid on top of ~110 degree heat
>>
>be Ottawan
>45 C w/humidex in mid-May

Where the fuck did my arctic wind go?
>>
>>339534578
I live near central Ohio, it's like 86 and I'm dying already. Not even fat, I'm a skeleton, just don't deal with heat well. PC is cool as fuck though.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.