[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have these games neutered the ambition and inventiveness of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: TM_NDS_NewSuperMarioBrosDS.png (172 KB, 438x370) Image search: [Google]
TM_NDS_NewSuperMarioBrosDS.png
172 KB, 438x370
Have these games neutered the ambition and inventiveness of the Mario series beyond repair in favour of safe, stale complacency? Discuss.
>>
>>339526359
the first game was great though
Wii was where they went wrong
>>
>>339526359
BUT FIRST
>>
>>339526359
Maybe for 2D Mario.
>>
>>339526549
NSMB wii is fun with friends. probably why you don't like it.
>>
>>339526359
I've only played one completely and some of two others with a friend. They are pretty good, especially in multiplayer mode. I'm going to buy the Wii U game soon.
>>
New Super Mario Bros U/Luigi was the best one.

These games aren't even bad. And besides, we haven't had one in 4 years.
>>
>>339526549

Wii is better than the first one
>>
>>339526549
The games themselves are all perfectly decent platformers, I just worry that the direction they've taken the franchise in has turned Mario from an innovative, genre-leading series into a lazy, laurel-resting nostalgia throwback.
>>
>>339526625
>>339526834
that may be true but it marked where they got lazy and started to make everything too similar
>>
>>339526549
>>339527154

every NSMB game that has been made is a direct result of the first NSMB selling well

I don't understand how Wii specifically is to blame for anything
>>
The first one was pretty cool. Just what the NDS needed at the time. But then this shit came out like five more times and only one new item was added each iteration.
>>
>>339527857
>5 more times
actually 3

>only new item
So you're gonna completely disregard new/improved level design, revolutionary 4 player co-op for a 2D sidescroller, return of koopa kids, challenge mode, and New Super Luigi?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.