[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's Hitman Marrakesh going Anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8
File: hitman-marrakech.jpg (551 KB, 1920x1070) Image search: [Google]
hitman-marrakech.jpg
551 KB, 1920x1070
How's Hitman Marrakesh going Anon?
>>
>>339518956
Played through it once so far.
I was more impressed with Sapienza and Paris.
>>
It was okay but I liked the first two maps more, this one sort of feels like 2 little areas with a big useless area in between. The other maps did a better job of making the entire map feel important.
>>
File: 20160531211900_1.jpg (274 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160531211900_1.jpg
274 KB, 1920x1080
Good other than the crashes

Anyone done pic related yet?
Don't want to spoil it as it really hits the nail on the head. But I'm not sure what it's purpose is besides being incredibly amusing, doesn't seem to even be an unlockable discovery.
>>
>>339518956

Much better than Sapienza, and on par with paris i would say, since it's a bit more challenging but uglier.

I managed to kill everyone with no map and instinct. If anyone is interested I'll record and post video.
>>
>>339519974
what was your kill number?
It seemed to cap at 295ish in Paris
>>
Haven't explored the map enough to say for sure but at first glance it seems kind of bland compared to the other levels. I'm sure it has a few cool things hidden in it somewhere though.
>>
I bought paris, can I buy this and play it too? Or do I need ep 2.
>>
>>339520327
no idea but 2 is commonly thought to be the best yet, not sure why you'd skip it.

Biggest downside to the level is the accents I find. Level is a bit brown but there is a lot hidden away, it's easily the hardest yet though so it's not welcoming at first
>>
>>339520296

Well when I say everyone I mean all the hostiles, I probably killed around 5 people with no guns, my kill count was 121 so I guess there are around 110-115 hostiles
>>
>>339520638
because I can't get both.
>>
>>339518956
Pretty cool. Like the increased difficulty and better challenges. Nice setpiece, even though i expected street vendors speak some sort of arabic or something. We'll just pretend 47 translates it in his head.

also
>that one annoying dude that's following you around wanting to sell you some tourist bait
>>
>>339520638

2 is my least favorite, dont know why people like it, i would go as far as to say that theres no problem skipping it
>>
>>339520785

Oh yeah right, they made automatic rifles shoot faster and also pistols do more damage in the head now, so dont have to worry shooting twice in the head if you're not at point blank
>>
>>339519862
its a assassination challenge. u want both discovery+assassination points??? u greedy
>>
>He hasn't found the sniper briefcase

Feels good man
>>
>>339520725
Oh. Well if you plan on doing a mass murder run, there are atleast 6 remote mines in the level I found.

>>339520773
>>339520831
Well most people seemed to think Sapienza > Paris, I quite like them both.
Can't judge the new one very well, but I'd say Sapienza is more open to fucking about in and Marrakesh is more restricted but more difficult
>>
>>339520638
>Biggest downside to the level is the accents
this
it's would be much more cool and add to the atmosphere of the game if the people had arabic accent.
>>
>>339518956
Anyone else hit with a huge performance drop on this one? Sapienza and Paris ran a pretty solid 60 but I'm getting drops to 40 here even after lowering the settings to medium.

i5 3.5 ghz and a 970 btw
>>
>>339521907
always got garbage fps in all levels, same specs. graphics settings dont seem to change shit. i wish we could turn off the weird motion blur on items/doors/vegetation. theres a bunch of garbage effects that sap my fps
>>
>>339521907
Yeah I drop down to the 20s on high with a 770.
I think it's all the people in the market area
>>
How viable is mass shooting in thus game is?
I think of it as my reward for getting slient assassin
>>
I haven't finished it yet, been exploring it.
I'll say this: Not as comfy as Sapienza.
>>
>>339523269

It's easy, I can do it without map nor instinct like 1-2 hours after every episode release, you just have to figure out where to camp and let them come to you, mostly

Here is how to aggro Paris guards, I didnt upload Sapienza yet, it's shittier than Morocco guards are all over the place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YGII0sEx4I
>>
>>339523616
>flat out kill in public
>the security does jack shit and just point guns at you
They got Europeans right atleast.
>>
I don't know much about Marrakesh, but isn't this crowd a bit overly white?
>>
>>339524084
Not really, there are a lot of white Moroccans. It's the voices that are off
>>
Does the game have a substantial amount of content yet? I like the looks of the game mechanically, but the absolutely nothing it launched with had me hold off.
>>
>>339524259
The voices I'm fine with. Would be dumb if they spoke Arabic or had a shitty accent. Although I have to say I'm very familiar with all the voice actors of this game at this point.
>>
File: 1461084141360.jpg (293 KB, 868x884) Image search: [Google]
1461084141360.jpg
293 KB, 868x884
>>339523946
>>
Marrakesh has a very annoying lighting bug going on on the PC version where, when inside, the roof lets light through as if its shredded paper.

Other than that, fairly decent, think I prefer Sapienza tho. Anyone know how many fucking children's paintings there are and if you need to find them before killing the General when dressed as the Headmaster for the Challenge?
>>
>>339524359

>no sniper rifle case
>only 1 difficulty
>regenerative health
>all npcs speak the same language no matter where you are
>no 1st person

I wish they would bring back the BM fiber wire animation where he turns around and choke the guy on his back.

The game is fun but god damn it lacks some things. Also this new 47 looks like shit, I wish they would bring back Absolution's 47.
>>
>>339524359
yes. it's has three out of the six levels out
Paris is just a massive house
Sapienza is a comfy town
Marrakesh is a more challenging less comfy Africa village
>>
>>339524359
>>339524843
I believe they are now saying there will be 7 chapters in total I believe. 3 are out now.

>>339524414
Most Morrocans are white arabs though. And how is it a good thing you can identify the voice actors? That's immersion breaking
>>
File: 1462487161599.jpg (41 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1462487161599.jpg
41 KB, 396x385
>>339524759
>i wish they would bring back Absolution
stopped right there you disgusting swine of an "Anon" what kind of vile sick pervert would want anything from that game? are you mentally ill or you twisted? you're sick, you're sick.
>>
>>339524951
I wasn't saying it's a good thing I recognized the voice actors. But I'm still very glad they aren't using accents.
>>
>>339524843

I dont like sapienza a whole lot because it's a small town with 90% of the shit in it totally not needed to complete it. You can just wear an easy suit and you're in the mansion already
>>
>>339524951
the seventh chapter is reusing a map
>>
>>339525013

But by itself it wasnt so bad I kept revisiting it I even made a playlist on youtube of me killing all the guards in every level on purist difficulty
>>
>>339525085
I prefer silly accents over wrong accents

>>339525130
Is it? Maybe it will be a variant of it, that changes it signifanctly though?
Maybe a day and night version of the Japan level..
>>
>>339525482

Do we have any ideas what kinda locales the US, Thailand, and Japan will use? Jordan Cross'll probs show up.
>>
>>339525762
In a previous thread anons it will be in Hollywood and relate to scientology (which is called church of ascendants). They might even satire Tom Cruise.
>>
>>339524759
>Also this new 47 looks like shit

There was this wallpaper where he looks older, not sure if it's the one from the beta.
>>
>>339526487

that one would be better, current one has a permanent dead fish face
>>
why did they rush to release this so early? the lighting bugs and the shisha pipes spazzing out are probably the reason it's lagging so heavily
>>
http://www.hitmanforum.com/t/io-really-need-to-hire-new-voice-actors-this-is-getting-beyond-ridiculous/7851
>>
>>339529189
I have a feeling they already recorded all the lines in one take, so i think it's too late for that. Not to mention much cheaper.
>>
IT'S OUT??

FUGGGG
>>
Voice acting aside, love the level. It's really densely packed with shit to do
>>
have they fixed the way 47 holds rifles yet? he used his left hand to grab the mag until now. full retard
>>
Sapienza is better
>>
>>339529635
Voice acting doesn't cost that much, especially for what they need it for. I'm hoping they change it when they start making sales on this game, but it's pretty optimistic of me.
>>
the sniper briefcase is in the level anons. Have fun.
>>
Just got SA AO.If you get the Swede via an accident they don't do a lockdown, some woman on the intercom panics and keeps telling everyone to stay call and "do not discuss the incident."
Nice.
>>
File: smiling snake.png (243 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
smiling snake.png
243 KB, 500x281
>>339532541
Now all we need is Dual Silverballers and this bitch is ready to go.
>>
>>339532541
Is it?
I'm only at level 5 atm, when is it?
>>
>>339531758
Casting calls for a bunch of different accents, multiple auditions, renting studios out for multiple days, etc.

The actors themselves don't cost much, but everything else quickly adds up.
>>
Is there a way to crack the DLCs if i buy the first episode?

Something like the bethesda games with their DLC?
>>
>>339533721

cant be that much dammit
>>
>>339533721
How low budget is this game?
>>
>>339533825
a anon posted a method when sapienza was released that consist in trick steam to make it believe you got the dlc and then download the files somewhere else, sadly i lost the link and im in the work PC.
>>
>>339526031
they had a contest between killing Gary Cole or Gary Busey (Busey won) in an upcoming mission. I bet that's when we'll see it
>>
>>339526031
No, I imagine the America level is going to be NYC, given all the times that it's been referenced in-game.
>>
>>339533879
>>339534228
and yet people complain about how over budget the games are. The older games had very little dialog, this one is much more intensive and the dialog that is present does have an effect on gameplay since they mostly hint events and opportunities for the player to use.

In this case the amount is more important then the "quality" (the attention to accents for example), so if one of them has to suffer it might as well be the accents.

I much rather have them do an Hitman game that may not be that viable commercially and keep it low budget (Hitman is for a niche audience after all) then trying to appeal to an wider audience because they have to sell a lot more to make a profit.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (89 KB, 1306x548) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
89 KB, 1306x548
No saving, no HUD, accidents only.
feels good lads
>>
Am I the only one who hates the design of the embassy?

It's far too small it has a serious lack of alternate routes, and you can't blend in with your suit once you're inside.

Getting SA SO in this map is a nightmare because of this.
>>
>>339537901
best route to the top is through the tunnel m8, get the keycard and you can go through the door which will lead you behind the guy who is guarding the back staircase. It's pretty easy to get up from there. I'm loving this actually, it's so hard the top score is under 190k and it's only the third mission. Definitely not courting the casuals here
>>
>>339533657
How the fuck do you get good at hitman? Any tips? I'm really good at mgs but hitman kicks my ass
>>
>>339538596
What is giving you problem specifically?

I would say Hitman is a lot more about planning and observation. Get a good grasp of the layout of the map, observe the patterns of your targets, see where disguises can/cannot get you. Then you'll be able to do a perfect run.

This is also how a lot of the challenges in this Hitman work. You basically receive a very vague prompt (e.g., kill your target in his plane with a cannon) and will have to figure out and plan the route: how do I get the target in his plane? where are there cannons? etc...
>>
>>339538596
Its funny I'm awful at MGS myself. You just play it a lot I guess. The way I play is I spend a long time scouting out the area and observing patrol patterns and useful things, not worrying about time unless I have to, and then coming up with a plan and executing it. Get as much out of the safe areas as you can before you start trespassing.
Don't expect to get SA at first, it's about honing your plan through failure as you inevitably fuck up.
>>
The only voice acting that doesn't need changing in the level is the two targets and the woman on the in intercom at the embassy. Maybe keep a couple of other Americans, a few would be funny if almost everyone else had Arabic accents. A few tourists would be amusing, but not a whole city of them.
>>
I think I must be stupid, where is the intern that I can disguise myself as?
>>
>>339519440
>The other maps did a better job of making the entire map feel important.

95% of time in Italy is spent inside a tiny mansion in the corner of the map.
>>
>>339541540
>tfw beat the map in 30 minutes
>tfw still 1.5 hours to fuck around before I refund

Episodic is great. Its like free games.
>>
The voices are really fucking jarring. It didn't stand out as much in sapienza or paris because everyone was white but hearing a brown guy dressed in traditional clothing talk like an american dude bro really takes you out of it
>>
>>339538596

Just go loud thats what i do i dont bother playing stealth
>>
>>339537373

all they have to do is add subtitles and we can pretend 47 understands all those languages perfectly
>>
>>339518956
Wow, Sweden really went to shit.
>>
>That guy putting together an Ikea chair in the embassy

kek
>>
File: 1358425744981.jpg (24 KB, 226x278) Image search: [Google]
1358425744981.jpg
24 KB, 226x278
>>339542945
>That enemy soldier who was late for his daughter's birthday and who just found out his wife was pregnant with twins

rip in peace
>>
>>339542945
>>339543241
>That asshole merchant that keeps going after you telling you about rare birds and diamonds and jewels he has to sell you
>Doesn't stop following you around if you don't run away from him
>>
come closer
>>
>>339529993
There's nothing wrong with that. In fact it's how many in the military are trained to do it.
>>
where's the school safe combination?
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.