[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: fallout-4.png (628 KB, 765x497) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4.png
628 KB, 765x497
What went wrong?
>>
>>339518462
Nothing, it's the best in the series.
>>
File: 1424637962786.gif (1021 KB, 421x389) Image search: [Google]
1424637962786.gif
1021 KB, 421x389
The protagonist should have been a follower you could recruit. Too much emphasis is placed on your fucking kid and it eliminates any kind of roleplaying replay value.
Also none of your choices matter when there's only 1 variable slide in the end.
>>
Bethesda. BGS hasn't ever managed to create a good game, and that includes Morrowind. Instead of disappointing RPG mechanics, FO4 had none. Other than that, it's the same shit.
>>
Mostly everything. I have hundreds of hours in F3 and New Vegas. Here i completed the main quest, did a few sidequests. Have around 75 hours in the game. Have not touched it since last year. Just lost interest in it, seems like many did that too. They really fucked up. Though i hear the new DLC is good, so i do kinda want to check it out.
>>
>>339518767
I enjoyed Skyrim a fuck ton. What did you find wrong with it?
>>
No interesting side quests or locations, terrible writing and dialogue, very few dialogue options and they all lead to the same result, uninteresting plot, limited character customization due to perk system and locking higher level perks behind higher levels.

The game is an RPG in name only. It's basically an open world FPS, and not even a very good one.
>>
Younger writing team, this is a problem with a lot of games actually.
>>
>>339518462
VA'd MC
lack of settlements
Little variance and effect of dialogue and factions
Terrible plot with so many redundant twists
>>
File: 1448862402793.png (240 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
1448862402793.png
240 KB, 680x383
>>339518914
Not him but getting rid of stat points was pretty shitty. That being said I do like skyrim with mods.
>>
>>339518709
Maybe the kid reveal would actually have more impact too.

Develop the protagonist and show us how important this kid is to him. Maybe change gender based on your's like an Anri of Astora thing. Plus it'd be neat to have a Vault Dweller be the companion.

then a side quest dealing with how they find out the news, if you tell them
>>
>>339518914
>protagonist is the most important person in the universe once again
>every single quest is basically "follow the quest marker, kill everything in your way and possibly grab an item"
>the combat is uninspired bethesda quality
>level scaling
>magic is neutered and boring
>none of the characters are interesting
>faction quests take two hours and you're now the most important person in their faction as well
>some of the perk trees are fucking useless
>the setting is uninspired and boring typical fantasy shit
>the main quest is fucking garbage as always
Other than that it's ok.
>>
>>339518462
They listened to normies.

I'm guessing the only reason it doesn't have online coop too is because Bethesda are too retarded to put in online functionality.
>>
>>339519502
Not to mention playing it on anything higher than normal difficulty means bandits are tougher than dragons solely based on how much health they have.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.