[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking about buying Battlefront now that it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (407 KB, 640x341) Image search: [Google]
file.png
407 KB, 640x341
I'm thinking about buying Battlefront now that it's gotten a lot cheaper, is it worth it?

Have they fixed the bugs? Is the constent still small?
>>
>>339514747
*content

fuck
>>
>>339514747
The content is small unless you pay for a 50 dollar season pass
>>
Is it a multiplayer only type of game or is there actually a single player campaign
>>
>>339514747

>cheaper

How much?
$100 instead of 120
>>
It was never particularly buggy.
>>
>>339516831

31 Euros
>>
>>339516708

It's Multiplayer only, they did not have time to include a single-player campaign because Lucasfilm bullied DICE to make the game ready for release along with The Force Awakens.
>>
>>339514747
Still very little content, some of it locked behind season pass.
It's only good for taking pretty screnshots
>>
>>339514747
I got it for the ps4 on the big SW promotion earlier this month, so it was 50% off

I've put 30 hour sinto it, I gotta say I easy got my money's worth, its incredible beautiful and fun, and now the bas egame have 7 big maps instead of only 4, and those 3 extra maps are free to everyone, also you get more weapons and cards for free thanks to jabba's contract

it does lacks content tho, I've put 100+ hours into bf4 and still play from time to time, after I get to level 50 in battlefront I proably will come back only if the DLCs are good

so, if you find this for cheap buy it, but it isn't worth full price, also one more thing, DON'T get this for the PC, the community is extremely small and it does have hackers (just see one levelcap YT channel). The ps4 have a solid player base for this game and even now I can find games withouth any problem on every mode except the droid capture one
>>
>>339517069

For the base game and nothing more I assume
>>
Don't buy it. It's shallow as fuck and they're probably gonna announce some new one at E3 anyways
>>
Anyone recommending not to buy the PC version of an FPS can have their opinion discarded.
>>
>>339518252

Anyone who buys anything just because its an FPS on PC is the freshest little neo-/v/ drone.
>>
>>339518818
You can't possibly think that's what I was implying.
>>
>>339518252
its about the playerbase not the gameplay, good luck trying to actually find PEOPLE to play the game with you on the PC
also this game is pure casual, what are you talking about?
>>
>>339519037
It's not hard to get into games on PC, and it's always worse with a controller.
>>
>>339519023

>imply

That is what you Said, should word your thoughts better if you want to imply things.
>>
doesn't it only have like 3-4 maps without dlc?
>>
File: bf.jpg (412 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bf.jpg
412 KB, 1920x1080
Shame about the gameplay graphics look really good.
>>
>>339519781
not anymore
>>
>>339519781
No, it's 14
>>
>>339519196
youwhat the fuck are you talking about? I'm talking about the player base, and PC's playerbase is miniscule
also the gameplay on the ps4 and xone is just fine, my gf can play this shit and she is the definition of casual
>>
>>339517514
>also you get more weapons and cards for free thanks to jabba's contract

what's jabba's contract?
>>
>>339520174
I'm saying the playerbase must not be that miniscule because it's easy to get into populated games.
And unrelated to that, controllers are always worse for FPS; of course casuals still like them. Sorry my comma confused you before.
>>
>>339520724
>I'm saying the playerbase must not be that miniscule
But it is! There are not that many people playing this game on PC. The other night I was at a friend's house and he had the ps4 version of battlefront. We had no problem whatsoever to find full 40-player matches.

OP, if you buy it, buy it cheaper on ps4.
>>
>>339521580
Saying you have no problem finding matches on PS4 does not somehow negate the fact that I have had no problem finding matches on PC.
>>
>>339517514
it always makes me so happy to see people give legitimately helpful answers on /v/ im just so used to shitposts everywhere

always refreshing
>>
>>339520271
Side quests, basically.
After you fulfill certain conditions, you can obtain weapons that you could only unlock at a higher level.
The contracts descriptions also say something bad happens to you if you fail, but I'm pretty sure it means nothing.
>>
>>339522363
yeah, you can't fail the contracts as far as I know

>>339522161
bro, the player base IS better on the ps4, thats just a fact, dunno about the xone tho
I'm not shilling levelcap's channel, but he, a PC player, says the player base on the PC is bad and the one on the consoles are solid, if you are about to buy a game you need to know those things
>>
>>339522982
Jesus, no one said the PC playerbase was bigger; the point is that if it's still easy to find games then it doesn't fucking matter.
>>
>>339517180
It would have been online-only regardless of how long they took to make it. Single-player, offline content is a waste of time and money for publishers these days, they can't push microtransactions and DLC for MP sells better.
>>
>>339522190
Negative responses can be legitimately helpful too though. Battlefront is pretty shallow and there's not much to it, it's crap compared to its predecessors both in terms of complexity and content.
>>
I got the game with the discount and the game is alright. Fuck paying full price for it, though.

I only play Fighter Squadron. It's the best mode even though it could be better.
>>
>>339517180
Who the fuck cares about singleplayer in this type of game?

Are you really going to pretend the repurposed multiplayer maps and the menu based "galactic conquest" were substantial in Battlefront 2? Fuck off
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.