[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I missed put on the PSP so I want to jump on the wagon now. Problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: PSP-2000.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
PSP-2000.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
I missed put on the PSP so I want to jump on the wagon now. Problem is I never bought a used handheld (or console for that matter).

So I did some research and it appears that spare parts are (readily) available. Can I buy a used PSP and then fix some issues like scratched screen and damaged frames easily?

Anyone have any expierence with a used PSP or with using spare parts to fix user traces?
>>
>>339475385
I've never owned one either but doesn't the Vita play PSP games too?
>>
>>339475501
The PS Vita can't play UMD's.
You can hack it to play all the PSP games on it but I don't want to pirate anything. I'm a semi-collector fag and I want to get a PSP and physical copies of the game.
>>
>>339475385
Just buy a new one. It is under 100$ and will probably be more worth to buy fresh new instead of repairing one
>>
>>339476013
I'd much prefer a new one, but I wouldn't know where to find a new one at that price. Could you tell me where you found one in that price range? All my searching have led me to either shitty models (E1000 or the PSP GO) or prices of €250 and up, which is a bit steep.
>>
>>339475651
With a hacked PSP you can rip ISOs from your UMDs and dump them directly into your memory stick

longer battery life
faster loading times
and you can keep your UMD collection pristine and scratch free
>>
>>339475385
Another common PSP hardware problem is the analog stick. They're either easy to break or tend to drift, the later either requires taking it apart and cleaning or just flat out replacing it. Luckly they are easy to replace and you can buy replacment nubs cheap online somewhere.

A bigger problem with the PSP's is the batteries. They've been discontinued for years now and the only good ones were the sony brand. Any brand new ones of those you find will have been drained from non use for so long, which is really bad for lithium batteries. If you notice any swelling or aren't able to fit your battery back into it's usual compartment then get rid of it asap. You'll have to settle with 3rd parties and those are like playing russian roulette.
>>
>>339479192
Thanks for the heads up about the batteries. Is the best way to deal with situation really to buy the best third party battery you can find? Because let's say I buy a new PSP and the battery doesn't last long and I have to buy a new one is there a place to (semi)reliably buy those?
>>
>>339476321
Where are you from?
In my country the PSP 3000 model is just a bit over 100$ including a game.
>>
>>339480480
I live underwater, by which I mean in the Netherlands. You know. That shithole where they discontinued the PS Vita.
>>
>>339480267
>Is the best way to deal with situation really to buy the best third party battery you can find?
Pretty much. You just gotta chance it.
>Because let's say I buy a new PSP and the battery doesn't last long and I have to buy a new one is there a place to (semi)reliably buy those?
I really can't help you on where to get 3rd party ones. You may have to do more searching for some. The last battery I bought were the sony extended battery(2200 mAh) before being discontinued and those fuckers last a long time before needed to recharge. You may get lucky and not have any battery issues right way but it's definitely something to keep in mind when owning a PSP.
>>
File: SOCOM_Fireteam_Bravo_2_cover.jpg (31 KB, 197x325) Image search: [Google]
SOCOM_Fireteam_Bravo_2_cover.jpg
31 KB, 197x325
>He missed out on the PSP
Best online games on a handheld, I feel bad for you nigger
>>
>>339476321
Hey fuck you psp go is good
>>
>>339475385
The PSP was an alright system. It didn't outsell the DS of course but it had a pretty good game library and its graphics were pretty impressive for the time.

Of course you don't have to buy a PSP if you don't want to since you can emulate pretty much every game, but if there were any that I would recommend it would be a PSP 2000 model.
>>
>>339482768
Didn't mean to say it was all shit.
I myself don't want an all digital handheld. I love physical copies too much. But the PSP GO seems to be a great device for those who do want everything digital and/or on the go.
>>
>>339475385
I got a PSP 3000 series from a friend and I gotta say, even if you want to collect to physical games, either rip them or download a backup ISO and play like that. Its way better, and you can have your library on the system so you don't have to transport your games.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.