[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>game has magic >archers and infantry are still a thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>game has magic
>archers and infantry are still a thing
>>
>>339473632
>implying anyone can into magic
>implying simple mechanical tools would lose their place

piss off
>>
not everyone can cast a firebolt like you, you spoiled nigger mage
>>
>world has metalworkers/blacksmithing
>woodworkers and lumberjacks still exist

Not everyone can or wants to study to do magic.
>>
>>339473703
Who the fuck said anything about simple tools retarded piece of fuck americunt idiot imbecilic shitstained fucker? What do screwdrivers and hammers have to do with battlefield weapons?
>>
>>339473907
So if they don't want to study magic they should fuck right off and live civilian lives instead of making the king waste money on some meme spearsmen and bowmen.
>>
>>339473989
Quality doesn't always out match quantity.

One army with only mages vs another army of some mages with many archers and knights

Army B takes more casualties but would be able to push through army A's lines evetually.
>>
>>339473632
>archers having mad eyesight and wind prediction
>swordsmen cutting through plate armour without damaging their swords
Not every magic is a faggy-ass rainbow beam of love and death
>>
>>339474145
Speaking of which the fuck is the point of armor if every chickenshit with a kitchen knife can just bypass it? Everyone in fantasy is a retard.
>>
well yeah Archers are the best class OP
>>
>>339473632
>cast spells
>run out of mp
>switch to using bow/sword
Have you ever played a video game dude
>>
What are some games with good magic game play? Currently playing skyrim as a mage and it's pretty good
>>
>>339474116
No it won't be because mage exclusive army simply has too much firepower for some knight faggots to come close how would that even work? Not to mention they might summon something to act as meatshields. Magic shits all over your fucking meme classes deal with it.
>>
>>339474285
Dark Messiah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS49Dazin3E
>>
>>339473935
> a bow isn't a tool
>>
Takes less time to train infantry and archers, and a novice soldier will usually win against a novice mage.

Ever notice how powerful wizards are usually old as shit? An invading army will not wait for you to train your senior citizen fireball brigade.
>>
>>339473632
>life has computers
>food still exists
>>
>>339473632
>game has magic
>archers and infantry has magic in form of magic weapons too
>>
File: potter.jpg (67 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
potter.jpg
67 KB, 1024x768
>>339474423
Harry > Aragorn
>>
>>339473632
Most writers aren't very creative when it comes to magic. When the best "magic" can do in your world is shoot a glowing projectile with some elemental affinity, archers and infantry are simply more efficient.
>>
I don't need to study elementals and mentally drain myself when I can just shoot you in the neck with an arrow
>>
>>339475049
>learning is mentally draining

this is exactly why archers are known to be retarded
>>
>>339474772
Aragorn wrestled control of an insanely powerful ancient artifact from Satan's lieutenant in a contest of will. He could probably kill Harry and five generations of his ancestors back in time just by looking at him hard enough.
>>
>>339474318
Even in D&D's magical turbo retardotron where magic wins everything ever and you're an eternal moron for not being a magic user, magic users are too rare to make conventional troops obsolete.
>>
>>339475180
Never did strenuous mental labor in your entire life, have you.
>>
>>339473632
In all of these games the people using bows and swords also use some super human magical abilities combined with the weapons.
>>
>>339475604
Neither did you from the looks of it unless solving captcha counts as mental labor to you.
>>
>>339473632
>game has nukes
>conventional force is still a thing
>>
>>339475180
I was talking about mana but yeah burnout syndrome is a thing anon
>>
>>339474358
>a hammer isn't a weapon
>>
>>339473632
>realism in my fantasy
>>
>>339476225
>hammer is a weapon

what
>>
>>339476225
>weapons aren't tools of combat
>>
Lord of the Rings and A Song of Ice and Fire really handle magic in the correct way. People aren't shitting fireballs out of their ass; there is an air of mystery about it .
>>
>>339476848
Unless you count the newest season of GoT. People are shitting fire everywhere. It really pisses me off the direction the show went with magic
>>
>Game has lasers
>bullets are still a thing

>game has spaceships
>cars are still a thing

>Game has whites
>Minorities are still a thing
>>
>>339476848
if you nerf magic too much, if not ion power then restrictions, it invites the question 'why even bother?'
>>
File: don_t_save_it.png (254 KB, 1739x1446) Image search: [Google]
don_t_save_it.png
254 KB, 1739x1446
>>339473632
>game has guns
>magic is still a thing
>>
File: 1454164248909.jpg (53 KB, 383x526) Image search: [Google]
1454164248909.jpg
53 KB, 383x526
>>339474423
>>
>>339474242
so you dont die in one hit?

Idk its mostly dor aesthetical reasons
>>
Who the hell is going to protect your overpowered mage, and rehabilitate destroyed areas without infantry?
>>339474285
>it's pretty good
Skyrim has the most some of the most unsatisfying magic combat, and combat in general, ever.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.