[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some generally liked jRPGs that you couldnt get into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Suikoden_packaging01[1].jpg (59 KB, 413x420) Image search: [Google]
Suikoden_packaging01[1].jpg
59 KB, 413x420
What are some generally liked jRPGs that you couldnt get into yourself?
And also the opposite, what are some generally considered shitty jRPGs that you ended up liking?
>>
>>339469853
I could never really get into Chrono Trigger. Don't know what it was but it just felt too linear I guess. Played quite a bit into it as well.

Final Fantasy 2 is one of my favourite Final Fantasy's behind IV and X.
>>
I think Grandia 3 is in top 3 rpgs on the ps2.
>>
I think that Legend of Dragoon is one of the worst JRPGs ever made. I hate everything about it from shitty QTE combat system up to a dumb, generic story with all fantasy anime cliches possible.

On the other side i think that BoF: DQ is a great and very unique JRPG.
>>
File: Suikoden 1.jpg (78 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Suikoden 1.jpg
78 KB, 640x640
>>339469853
>not posting the SUPERIOR cover
gtfo /v/ desu senpai.
>>
>>339471306
not gonna lie, this cover made me buy the game all those years ago
>>
Earthbound: Just couldn't see the appeal, maybe because of the small-town America thing.

Final Fantasy Tactics: I love tactical RPGs but this one seemed utterly devoid of character and charm.

Chrono Cross: It was never released in Europe, so I imported at a premium and was so hyped. But it sucked.

Dark Cloud: Very disappointing, soulless game.
>>
File: 1427013362525.jpg (30 KB, 600x389) Image search: [Google]
1427013362525.jpg
30 KB, 600x389
>>339469853
I like Granstream saga quite a bit.
None of my friends do though.
>>
>>339470851
>I think that Legend of Dragoon is one of the worst JRPGs ever made.

I completely agree. Back during the 16 and 32 Bit era, I was really into JRPGs and mostly had to resort to importing US versions of the games because many of them didn't release in Europe. I paid a shit ton of money for Legend of Dragoon and was really disappointed in it.
>>
>>339469853
I loved Suikoden 2 but jesus half the game are the good guys losing fights because they seriously underestimate Lucca

>Hey Lucca wouldn't dare invade/destroy *place
>Lucca invades *place
>Repeat

Oh and fuck you Jowy you royal pussy chasing asshole. Bros before Hos.
>>
>>339471649
>Final Fantasy Tactics: I love tactical RPGs but this one seemed utterly devoid of character and charm.

I couldn't disagree more. FFT is one of my favorite games ever.

>Earthbound: Just couldn't see the appeal
I feel the same about Earthbound however.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.