[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>3 million dollars for pizza explosion simulator 2016 Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
>3 million dollars for pizza explosion simulator 2016
Why is it that if a Kickstarter game is 100 times more expensive, it's 100 times worse?
Ring Runner and Undertale were relatively cheaply funded and they turned out amazingly, while Hiveswap and Mighty No. 9 cost millions only to turn out to be garbage.
>>
what is this?
>>
>>339468650
This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc
>>
It's purely the incompetent developers. They fucked over their kikestarter community and will never be trusted again. Kikestarters in the hands of good, responsible devs are a great thing.
>>
File: chartflattened.png (1 MB, 1000x2800) Image search: [Google]
chartflattened.png
1 MB, 1000x2800
Which team wins, and why is it the team with Autism Child and One Shot Johnny?
>>
>>339468717
what is the OP pic from?
>>
>>339468839
It's a mockery of 0:49 in the video linked to you, with a Ring Runner theme.
>>
File: snacksy.jpg (22 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
snacksy.jpg
22 KB, 267x200
>tumblrtale
>turned out amazingly
fuck off
>>
>>339469260
well lets face it, its a successful and well built game, that perfectly accomplished what it set out set out to achieve.
>>
>>339469260
It was an overwhelming success though, whether you like it or not.
>>
I'm just thinking, wouldn't it be great if a game that was more ambitious than Ring Runner employed similar mechanics?
Ring Runner wasn't ambitious at all, it was just that some guy felt like making a simple game for his novel and he so happened to stumble across the perfect system of ship customisation; that is, having it so that no weapon is particularly good on its own, but with lots of different hulls with limitations on which weapons they can use, there's more than one way that each weapon will be made useful.
>>
File: 1464095669478.png (13 KB, 397x322) Image search: [Google]
1464095669478.png
13 KB, 397x322
>>339468717
>le duuude liek totally awesome xD "humour"

nuke everyone
>>
>>339468481
The only people who actually need really huge sums of cash to develop games are incompetents who can't budget for their lives and should not be making those kinds of games in the first place.
>>
>>339469260
>reeeeeeeeee stop liking what i dont like because it is popular!!!!!!!
dumb animeposter.
>>
File: jpg.png (50 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
jpg.png
50 KB, 500x457
have an awoo
>>
>>339477032
You owe me 1 (one) awoo now
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwnCC98MOq8
>>
>>
How the did they fuck up so badly?

I tried to dig something about this.
It was all about they hired a SJW and pissed off the community.
What happened to the producing the game part?
>>
>>339468481
Wait is that Star Citizen?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.