[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resident Evil thread: underrated edition What did you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 250px-Residentevildeadaim[1].jpg (27 KB, 250x355) Image search: [Google]
250px-Residentevildeadaim[1].jpg
27 KB, 250x355
Resident Evil thread: underrated edition

What did you think of pic related?
Predictions about RE on this year's E3?
Thoughts about the upcoming third CGI movie?

Comfy music is comfy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1o_3yBe6Cg
>>
>>339464843
>What did you think of pic related?

Prototype-RE4

>Predictions about RE on this year's E3?

RE7 Finally announced.

>Thoughts about the upcoming third CGI movie?

No more Leon please.
>>
Do you think they are just going to say "fuck it" and announce a reboot this E3?
>>
>>339465901
Depends on how Capcom stands financially.
>>
>>339465901
>>339466016
Capcom is doing Gangbusters. Resident Evil is doing Gangbusters.

At this point I'd expect "Revelations" to take off as it's own sub-franchise. I mean Christ: Dead Aim was the FOURTH Survivor game, they have a lot of brand power to throw around.
>>
>>339465901
>reboot

A full reboot is never going to happen. a "soft" reboot like RE4 is possible.
>>
>>339466016
Well Capcom have said that the aging fanbase is a problem for them.

Personally I would go with a soft reboot like Star Wars did, completely new cast of characters with some cameos from old ones. But generally speaking it's an entirely new story.
>>
>>339465901
Fuck that, I want them to incorporate the Dino Crisis events into Resident Evil canon. Get TART into the Mercenaries and have dinosaurs run around with mutant powers.
>>
>>339465901
>>339466457
>new story

How? They already attempted this. This series is literally done now from a creative standpoint.
>>
>>339466557
>dino fags

Capcom's most autistic fans next to megaman.
>>
>>339466796
>people that like the best RE clone are autistic

*tips fedora*
>>
>>339466643
There is an infinite number of possible variations in venue, characters, story, and monsters that Capcom just hasn't taken advantage of. In fact they set up quite a few opportunities that they just flush down the toilet later.

Like... Ada's Organization. Ada and her organization as a rival to Umbrella has been in Resident Evil since 2, though there's that easter egg in one, and Wesker's plot is weaved into it in retrospect. Still even with RE6 focusing very intensely on Ada, and it being critical to Wesker's ongoing activities until 5: we actually don't know fuck all about it, not even it's name.

Wouldn't a BOW format war have been hilarious? The two companies competing at giving their black market living weapons more power but at the most affordable prices? Pitchman or filer saying Umbrella's Tyrant costs ten times as much as say a "Slayer" but cost four times as much? And an outbreak occurring when salesmen from both bring all their wears to an underground fighting pit to make an exhibition?

They could always introduce new characters, and they could even be ballsy enough to kill them when they're the only lead, but when it's the stars they always find notes to synthesize a cure whenever they happen to be infected.
>>
>>339467909
Series is too much of everything now. It could use a reboot or just not exist anymore (which won't happen).
>>
>>339468192
They don't need a reboot to centralize an individual game, and if they can't do it without it: then it'll just need to be rebooted after their next fuckup tipping point.
>>
>>339468192
>It could use a reboot or just not exist anymore (which won't happen).

So stop asking for one already. you faggot.
>>
>>339466557
Why not just make an actual dino crisis 3?
>>
File: 761975-dino_crisis_3[1].jpg (100 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
761975-dino_crisis_3[1].jpg
100 KB, 640x908
>>339468584
Anon I got bad news for you.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.