[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone play this? I might setup a server if you ask.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: jo1tgTW[1].jpg (425 KB, 1280x764) Image search: [Google]
jo1tgTW[1].jpg
425 KB, 1280x764
Anyone play this?

I might setup a server if you ask.
>>
>>339459510
doesn't this get ridicolously easy after the drone upgrade?
>>
>>339459716
I think.
You still have to get bigger and bigger scale though.
>>
>>339459716
I wouldn't say so. Making tons of drones is expensive, and the drones themselves are slower and clunkier than a well-organized system of belts.

They are good for moving specialty items, but I still primarily use belts.
>>
>>339459510
fugg can't hose a server
can somebody else?
>>
>>339459716
You can over-rely on them. Make rows of assemblers with request and passive chests. It can take forever so I reserve it for special items. and use belts for common.

What's a pity is there's little reason to bother with trains because you can just have tier 1 belts transport items great distances.
>>
File: REEEE.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
REEEE.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>339459510
That unmined copper with shit on top is really triggering me right now.
>>
>>339460365
>What's a pity is there's little reason to bother with trains because you can just have tier 1 belts transport items great distances.
Yeah, I always did this. I never liked dealing with trains in the first place, though.
>>
I'm waiting for the next big patch. Should be coming in June.

Apparently they are adding more to the end game, which the game lacks right now.
>>
>>339459510
>Anyone play this?
used to play it alot, but on a break until release 13 which should be like 2-3 weeks away.

>>339459716
Depends on the playstyle and mods, but yes in vanilla if you use bots heavily it gets easy.
>>
>>339461273
neat
>>339459510
yes. good fucking game
>>
>>339461273
I'd hardly call train systems and logic systems end-game.
>>
I miss high detail sprite games on PC.
>>
File: meme.jpg (906 KB, 1916x1022) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
906 KB, 1916x1022
>>339459510
:^)
>>
>>339461273
Yeah, that's what the game really needs at the moment. I've played through two sandbox maps with default settings in the past several months of having the game, and while they each took over 30 hours, they felt like they were over too soon. I think this feeling has a lot to do with the trains. They're a very big feature of the game that a lot of people dig, and I did use them myself, but by the time I'm launching the rocket, the mining outposts I'm pulling from are really not all that far from my main base. Unless you're really messing with the map settings, there's really no reason to make a train network any more complicated than a single line that runs back and forth, if having a train is even necessary at all.

I'm aware that there are mods that extend the tech tree, but I'd rather just wait to see what the devs cook up in a (more) complete version.

Pic related. It's my final train depot at the end of my second sandbox. You can even still see the one copper outpost it runs to at the corner of the minimap. I went through the effort of setting up the oil barrel system when first creating the train line, but it turned out to be rather pointless. I just ran oil from surrounding well clusters back to my base with pipes and pumps.
>>
File: End Game Train.jpg (692 KB, 1916x1014) Image search: [Google]
End Game Train.jpg
692 KB, 1916x1014
>>339463440
Forgot muh pic.
>>
>>339463508
Use a splitter on that copper belt.
It hurts just looking at it's ineffectuality.
>>
I hope the aliens get more interesting. Once you get a few laser turrets and walls up, you stop paying any mind to them other than to harvest their hives.
>>
I still hope for a combination of Factorio, Infinifactory and SpaceChem some day.
>>
File: 1427187890857.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1427187890857.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
Enjoyed playing it for some 20 hours until I got tired of making new worlds.
>start new world
>start building
>automate red science
>build some more
>automate green science
>loosing overview
>delete world and start a new
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.