[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I beat Banjo Kazooie 100% just now and was wondering if people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Banjo_and_Kazooie.jpg (40 KB, 300x316) Image search: [Google]
Banjo_and_Kazooie.jpg
40 KB, 300x316
I beat Banjo Kazooie 100% just now and was wondering if people think its better or worse than Mario 64.

Its really nice to be able to collect jiggies without leaving the level everytime you get one unlike Mario 64.
>>
>>339455075
I thought BK had worse platforming, but was a better game overall. The levels felt like place you could actually live in, as opposed to the obstacle-course levels in M64
>>
>>339456790
The only times i felt like the platforming was frustrating was in Click Clock Wood and the engine room of Rusty Bucket. Only levels i struggle with.
>>
It's all down to what you think of the controls I think. If someone's super into the moveset of Mario 64, Banjo would probably bore them. I could never get a good handle on SM64's controls so I enjoyed Banjo more, on top of its other positive attributes like the visuals and music.
>>
>>339456896
I mean worse as in you couldn't pull off the kind of acrobatic feats you could in Mario 64. So maybe not worse, but simpler with a bit less tight controls. Point still stands, though: Mario 64 felt like an obstacle course too often.
>>
>>339456790

the hub worlds are the opposite though, peach's castle feels like a real lived in castle while grunty's lair seems sloppily put together
>>
>>339457297
Peach's Castle felt more like a museum to me.
>>
>>339457297
Thats what happens when a hub area is so big that you need warp points, jiggy pedestals to unlock levels and alcoves for cheato to hide in.

The two hubs are not comparable cause Mario just walks around and goes straight to levels.
>>
>>339457430
Grunty's Lair is so big because the developers wanted to make it puzzling. Without any of the puzzles, it could be streamlined into a hallway pretty easily.
>>
>>339456943
I like both, but I definitely prefer Mario 64 because of the controls and the physics.
>>
>>339455075
I felt Banjo had the better camera. To me, 64 doesn't hold up because of it.

Though I may be thinking of Tooie.
>>
>>339455075
Mario 64 is like a jungle gym/playground. In terms of how good it feels to run and jump, and the freedom you get to be active. You feel like you're mastering your own body, every time you attempt a new feat. The structure isn't the prettiest, but it allows you to go on, do some cool shit, and then get off.

Banjo Kazooie is more like a theme park. You walk around from one ride to the next, never really having to exert yourself too much. Every now and again trying one of those rigged carnival games. There's cartoon mascots everywhere waving at you. Getting around takes more time, but there's more sights to see.

I honestly see them as differently styled games. I don't know why they're always compared to each other. BK's platforming simply isn't the same as Mario 64's platforming. Overall though, I prefer Mario 64's style.
>>
>>339457968
Being able to hold R to have the camera follow behind banjo is probably the most genius idea.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.