[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post yfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: latest.jpg (141 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
141 KB, 1536x1152
In an alternate universe Halo 4 was more in line with the previous actual good games in the series (CE, 2 and 3) and had the kind of support you see out of games like Unreal Tournament (the good ones), CSGO and Doom from the developers and the community both. Tons of mods allowed, a community that actually plays the game for competitive purposes and tons of multiplayer maps it would make your head spin.

We all instead rolled bad and got the shit Halo 4.
>>
And 5 of course. 5 is so bad I often forget it actually came out since more people play Battlefront then Halo 5.

Also should have mentioned that it would obviously be on glorious PC of course.
>>
>>339453953
This universe sucks.
>>
halo's old games are still very slow and boring once you get used to any real PC FPS
>>
>>339454319
Can't say I really care for running around corridors like an aspie, regardless of what speed you travel at.
>>
Is that Wheatley?
>>
File: 1463894911460.jpg (20 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1463894911460.jpg
20 KB, 500x313
>>339453953
>3
>good
>not Reach or ODST
Obvious bait is obvious
>>
>>339454319
I don't get why people cannot comprehend why these things made Halo good. It made it far more tactical then other shooters at the time. At least in a different way. You had to manuever and use cover in a more strategic way. Where as with old arena shooters you needed to constantly know where to move. With Halo it was about knowing when to engage rather than constantly run to keep the pressure on.

No shooter that copied Halo ever truly understood why it worked in Halo. Not even 343 does since sprint has killed the flow of Halo.
>>
>>339455097
Sprint was the least of Halo's problems. Sprint worked fine with the guerrilla tactics in Farcry 2. There's no reason it shouldn't work with Halo.

They fucked way more shit up with Halo.
>>
>>339455317
No sprint absolutely does ruin Halo. At first I didn't think it would to. I know better now. It ruins map balance.

There's plenty wrong with Halo now and mostly thanks to 343 running the show.
>>
>>339455617
>It ruins map balance
>in a single player game

Halo's multiplayer sucks compared to its campaign.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.