[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pretentious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: thomas.jpg (14 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
thomas.jpg
14 KB, 460x215
So, /v/, what is considered the most pretentious game of all time?
>>
>>339452046
>Your favorite
>>
If we're talking AAA I'd say Alan Wake

If we're including indie then there's so fucking many it's hard to say. Probably that one where you're an old lady who walks to a bench and back and she may or may not die on the bench.
>>
Braid.

It spearheaded the entire pretentious game scene.
>>
>>339452139
>you're an old lady who walks to a bench and back and she may or may not die on the bench.
I must play this so-called "game"
>>
>>339452046
Sunset Overdrive.
>>
File: header.jpg (51 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
51 KB, 460x215
>>339452046
pretentious game
>>
>>339452456
http://store.steampowered.com/app/27020/
Go nuts, it's like 2 minutes long.
>>
>>339452139

Gonna second this. I've seen some pretentious garbage but this is a difficult one to top.
>>
>>339452575
Is this one even supposed to be pretentious because when she dies and the credits kick in it's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>339452817
It definitely is
>>
>>339452561
This
Bonus pretentious points for it being mobile "artistic" shit
>>
>>339452561
that flash game is trying to be sold on steam, right? wow.

>>339452046
I don't think this was too bad. I enjoyed playing and understanding the way the artificial intelligences "interacted" with each other. The puzzles were kinda fun too
>>
File: laughingplants.jpg (218 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
laughingplants.jpg
218 KB, 682x1024
>>339452575
>$5
haha wow
>The Tale of Tales "Experience" bundle
>That whole list of games
>$45
i can't help but feel impressed
>>
>>339452556
Sunset Overdrives greatest strength was the actual game part of the game, I don't know how any game with fun gameplay can be called pretentious considering the most important aspect that defines a game is gameplay.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.