[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /v/ like this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
Does /v/ like this game?
>>
File: talos1.jpg (101 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
talos1.jpg
101 KB, 1000x563
Like is relative, what are you looking for in this game?
>>
>>339446585
It's alright. Most of the puzzles aren't really hard, just tedious.

Graphics are nice, but the style wasn't really that interesting.

Plot was meh.

I'd give it a 6/10.
>>
>>339446585
I'm /v/, and yes, yes I do.
>>
Why does someone keep spamming threads for this?
>>
Sure, very beautiful set-pieces and a nice take on the modern puzzle game.
It's one of those games that justify building a $2k PC because the devs put in a lot of customization options.
>>
>>339447149
2 is in the works so interest is probably coming back
>>
File: 20160515095110_1.jpg (487 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160515095110_1.jpg
487 KB, 1920x1080
I really liked it. Made me bawl my eyes out a few times.
>>
It was pretentious and the later puzzles were pretty boring and over-convoluted.

But overall, yes. I did. The environments were great, the puzzles had a good level of interesting challenge to them, and developing more complicated mechanics throughout the game wasn't explained. You just had to figure out that you can use those pieces in that way.
>>
I liked the story.
Puzzles were a mixed bag, but mostly they were very repetitive, which was exacerbated by the environments also being very repetitive

I feel like puzzle games are too rare to be picky, though, so it is hard not to recommend if that's what you're looking for
>>
I really liked the star puzzles that involved taking things outside of levels.
>>
It's comfy as fuck.
>>
Is Gehenna any good?
>>
it was 2hard4me

I'm not very good at puzzle games
>>
>>339451745
As much as if not even slightly better than the main game, both for story and puzzles.

Not to mention it's one of the few DLCs in general that actually adds highly valuable gameplay time to its game, instead of just being extra skins/weapons/maps.
>>
>>339451745
It's much harder than the main game, so yes.
>>
>>339446585
I do.
Sam DLC is amazing
>>
I'll be picking this up then! Hopefully its fun
>>
>>339454460
>Hopefully its fun
It very depends on what's your idea of fun...if you mean funny, short and quick dialogues, chilling and jokes, and stuff like that, it's not, at all.
But if you enjoy questioning existence and the meaning of life, while solving puzzles that are challenging(to an extent) and often(not that often actually, especially at the beginning) require outside of the box thinking, then yes, it's very fun and enjoyable.
One thing a lot of people miss realizing while they're playing is how the puzzles' solutions and solving methods often almost perfectly reflect the pace and evolving of the story with its decisions and choices and how they should be put in practice...this of course if you read every terminal entry whenever you're given the chance to, since the story progresses exclusively via reading the terminals and you're not forced to do so...but that's part of the game and its meaning.
>>
All the audiolog shit was tedious and pretentious as hell..

But I liked the puzzles.
>>
>>339446585
Shawn?
>>
>>339456791
But it wasn't pretentious. It actually raised interesting questions for people who haven't thought a lot about AI.
>>
File: 1456881617092.png (236 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1456881617092.png
236 KB, 480x360
>tfw reading the plot on a wiki and using a guide to solve every puzzle and star
feels good man
>>
Plot felt a bit pretentious and it was extremely obvious the game's story was going to be Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil: God Was Wrong Edition from the first fucking trailer if you had even the slightest knowledge of Christian mythology.

However, graphics, music and aesthetics wise the game was great and felt really atmospheric. Main puzzles were a bit too easy, but the star collectibles required for secret areas were real brainwreckers since they required you to think outside the box often quite literally by bringing tools from puzzle areas into the hub or directing lasers from one puzzle area into another. I haven't tried out the DLC yet.
>>
>game dares to bring up freshman-level philosophy of mind concepts
>pretentious
>>
>>339457095
>reading the plot on a wiki
I've done this before with games i just wanted to rush in and in which the plot was just an excuse to advance in the levels, but...doing it with a plot/story based game in which the plot changes with your decisions and has multiple layers/paths of depth accordingly, with 3 endings each reachable in at least 2 ways, and especially for the Gehenna DLC where your interaction with the plot enviroment is crucial....lame, it really ruins the experience.

>>339457702
>it was extremely obvious the game's story was going to be Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil: God Was Wrong Edition from the first fucking trailer if you had even the slightest knowledge of Christian mythology.
> I haven't tried out the DLC yet.
You should play the gehenna DLC then, as not only it adds its own connected plot, but it really adds meaning(s) to the main plot and makes you question if God/EL0HIM was actually wrong, and which purpose the entire project had.
Not like it was never done before, especially in literature, other than Christian mytholgy, but it does so in a brilliant way, mixing 3 different and opposite subjects that were almost never mixed this way before, at least not in games.
>>
>>339446897
/v/ here, can confirm
>>
>>339446585
>/v/
>liking games
pick one
>>
great game. wish the star puzzles were actually puzzles though.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.