[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your thoughts on Metroid Fusion.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
Your thoughts on Metroid Fusion.
>>
>>339444639
I don't think about Metroid Fusion
>>
>>339444639
I remember that drooling ceiling guy. What's up with those things?
>>
Fun
>>
Awful writing and an awful Metroid. Everything bad about Other M can be traced to Fusion.

It's a shame, because it's a fun game and good as a horror game. If it were its own IP I'd think it was great.
>>
>>339444639
I like it
>>
>>339444639
It's my favorite Metroid
>>
pretty creepy game at times and the last thing approaching classic metroid gameplay

too restrictive and derivative in terms of powerups, abilities and environments to be one of the best games in the franchise though
>>
File: ss (2016-05-30 at 12.11.53).jpg (82 KB, 1208x686) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-05-30 at 12.11.53).jpg
82 KB, 1208x686
>>339444639

Despite how enjoyable it is, it is literally a primer to Other M; except Sakamoto forgot what made Fusion a good game and fucked up everything.
>>
File: spooked.jpg (4 KB, 135x90) Image search: [Google]
spooked.jpg
4 KB, 135x90
It's really good, if a bit linear. It's in my top 5 GBA games for sure
>>
By all accounts a worthy installment of the franchise that suffers from brief, but frequent stops at force-fed storytelling, which is but a small nuisance compared to the restrictive level design that persists for the vast majority of the game, leaving little space for exploration and ambience that doesn't revolve around SA-X sections or one of those goddamned end-game puzzles.
>>
>>339445180
Can we really blame Fusion for another game? At least Fusion was trying to take the story forward and added some neat new enemies and mechanics to the series.

The biggest flaw of the game is that it's more linear than it should be, and it's a LOT less linear than Other M.

>>339446371
Same here, and the Gameboy Advanced had a really great library that had a fuckton of underrated games.
>>
Love it.
>>
Why cant samus be a man?
>>
My favorite in the series. While not as good as Super, the atmosphere is way stronger here.
>>
better than super metroid because no stupid shit like cracked glass
>>
>>339448695
Please leave.
>>
The best Metroid for the boss fight and it was the first Metroid I played so it get a privilege place
>>
>>339444639
I hate the story and how I'm always being interrupted by fucking walls of text when I'm just trying to run around. The SA-X is a cool idea though, but I still like Zero Mission and Super much better.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.