[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ in 2008 >wc3 dota thread >POORFAGS PLAYING SHITTY GAME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1363370499596.jpg (109 KB, 579x567) Image search: [Google]
1363370499596.jpg
109 KB, 579x567
/v/ in 2008
>wc3 dota thread
>POORFAGS PLAYING SHITTY GAME MODS
>RTS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE SHIT AT RTS

/v/ in 2016
>half the front page is fucking moba games
>/v/ circlejerking over mobas
>moba moba moba

what fucking happened
>>
moba became triple A.
>>
>>339436460
What? We're you actually here back then? I remember playing DOTA all the time with /v/. That and Halo CE. It was hella fun and we'd have near daily threads about it
>>
File: Philip_K_Dick_android_head2.jpg (15 KB, 218x250) Image search: [Google]
Philip_K_Dick_android_head2.jpg
15 KB, 218x250
>thing changes after 8 years
>i am confused and surprised by this
>>
>>339436460
/v/ stopped telling newfags to fuck off.
Change of age demographic is also responsible.
>>
Communities change OP. 4chan is a very popular site now, there are a lot of anons coming to /v/ every day.
>>
>>339436643
I've been around since the days of nigba, walter joseph kovacs, and toxic j

I played some dota too but it's at the point where literally all of /v/ is now playing moba types
>>
>>339436647
Basically this

Imagine hows it gonna be 8 years from now
>>
>>339436941
mobile games all over the catalog
>>
>>339436836
Those are just the popular games now anon. Back then it was steel battalion, cod 4, Sven coop and stuff. Times change anon... times change
>>
>>339436460
It is concerning how easily people forgot that dota's gameplay is still that of a mod's when it got a facelift, albeit a really good one.
>>
>Overwatch
>MOBA
Jesus, when will this meme end?
>>
/v/ in 2016
>half the front page is fucking moba games
>/v/ circlejerking over mobas
>moba moba moba

What in the fuck is this retarded cunt talking about? There is literally a single "moba" thread up and it's a DotA thread with like 15 replies. Dota and LoL aren't posted on /v/ outside of maybe big events like TI.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdciOXroU9o
>>
>>339437378
i count six threads on the OP about a moba fps game made by blizzard
>>
Standards dropped as normalfags flooded in. Happens to every hobby when it gets popular.
>>
>>339437347
but is is a moba

you kill creeps and towers
>>
>>339437450
Overwatch isn't a MOBA.
>>339437537
No, you don't.
Nigger, are you retarded?
>>
>>339437450
Blizzard recently released a FPS called Overwatch, is that what you are referring to? Because you have to be genuinely fucking retarded to call that a "moba" at all. Other than blatant shitposting, which is what OP is doing.
>>
>>339437347
its a team based ability focused fps
>>
>>339437616
>No, you don't.
yes you do, I've seen gameplay of it

it's basically a first person league of legends
>>
>he doesn't use filters
>>
>>339437516
Thank god you didn't say "normie".
Nothing makes me more mad than normalfags who try their hardest to fit in and can't even use the appropriate word.
>>
>>339437763
You must be confusing it with Stillborn.
>>
>>339436460
Its hard to classify overwatch and dorksouls as a moba, but ill allow it
>>
>>339437763
>yes you do, I've seen gameplay of it
You're clearly blind in addition to being retarded.
>>
>>339436772
>4chan is a very popular site
Not really, if you look at google trends (since new-fags most likely use google) you will see that visitors have stagnated since 2010 there a few exceptions, a la Gaymen-gate.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.